• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Creative Ramblings #4: "Post to your Blog"

Rasumii

90% Me|10% Other
Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Winter Mittens
Blue Candy
Orange Mote of Flame
Green Fair Pinwheel
Post to your Blog

Not a single thing is coming to my mind. Usually I'm pretty creative at this stuff, no, not usually, I know pretty damn well that I am a creative person. But there's just an absence in me, in my mind. I'm trying to fill it with stuff, like I'm trying to look around the room and see what captures my attention. Ah! Plugs are interesting, right? Let's write about the fascination we all share with plugs.

Plugs?! Seriously, this is the best I can come up with? I can't even talk about my day because I'd be blabbing on about how I've been sitting here, trying to come up with a creative thing to write which I'm sure just passes for lousy craftsmanship. There's no art there.

Speaking of art, I don't get that at all. I'm sure these blots of ink represent, maybe, a butterfly? If I had mentioned this to an artist, they'd tell me I'm right, but it's also a picture of the advancement of freedom for all people in this world, represented by the black ink on a white canvas to show we're all equal, and the time period Mrs. Monet came up with the idea was during the Civil Rights Era, only proving the point that freedom can be achieved for everyone if you still have integrated races, rather than having separated freedoms. Yeah, I was totally on the same page with you, old sport.

No one told me I needed to be creative all the time, everyone has lulls in what they do. I'm sorry I can't be creative and come up with an interesting blog post all the time, I don't have it in me to do this. You need to get off my back about this.

Great, now I'm creating fake problems of fake people in my head. Way to go me, you're losing people's interest in this post after every word you type. Three-hundred and eighteen words later, you only have one person still reading, and that's yourself. Are you proud? Honestly, I can say that I am. I didn't let myself talk about plugs the entire time (although the more you talk about it, the more this post becomes about plugs you imbecile).

After all of this, I've actually considered exercising. The thought crossed my mind to actually start doing jumping jacks. I think I'm dying. If you took one look at me, you could probably guess eleven out of ten times that I don't exercise. I'm no mathematician, but I think the odds are slightly in your favor on that one.

I'd like to think that exercising will never make it into my daily routine, as much as I know it should. Sorry me, you know I like food too much. Serving sizes on food items are just suggestions to me. Maybe it's my rebellious teenage nature but I don't think I've ever eaten the suggested serving size, especially with Poptarts. Come on man, you want one tart to be a serving size but you put two in a package? You already "convinced" me to eat Poptarts, do you really think I actually am capable of only eating one? That means I have to wrap it up nicely and put it away only for me to more than likely be the one to come back and eat it later. It's all getting in my stomach one way or another, why not just eat it all at once?

Alright, I should really plug up this conversation now.

... Writer's block sucks.

Back