• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Critique my dream town?

rivulet

shsl gamer
Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Hello, although my dream town isn't yet finished, I'd like some constructive critisism.

My dream address is 5500-2358-9783.

Please ignore the random dig spots and scattered items, I haven't gotten a chance to fix those yet ;v;

Last edited:
Hi :)

I think your paths are adorable! Not the biggest fan of the one-tile paths though, they seem a little too thin for me- personally I like to keep mine at at least 2 tiles.

I love the fruit trees in front of your house- idk what month your game is in, but everything is extremely green and vibrant!

House is nice, the main room I think you need a little more variety in though - all you have is the mermaid stuff lined against the wall and a big empty spot in the middle of the floor lol. The upstairs room is cute, I have the sweets set in my house as well (with Bubblegum KK playing in it too.....weird lol) ^_^ and the villager pictures go nice with everything =) Same issue with the downstairs room, its way too spacious with all the furniture just against the walls. Don't get me wrong, the colors are awesome =)

I like the flowers in your town! Especially to the left of the campsite, lots to run thru =D and LOVE the flower arch & area by it!

I like the way you arranged your bamboo, mine seemed to make its own path and I eventually got rid of it altogether because it was a mess lol.

Overall, I really like your town :) a couple suggestions, I would add a few more pwps because it seems a little empty right now.... and maybe organize your flowers a little bit so they don't look scattered. :]

I'd like it if you critiqued mine as well but you don't have to obviously. :)

pros:
i am a huge fan of this path. especially your usage of the different colored petal patterns as a 2 way path.
i really like your campsite location.
nice beach!

cons:
lots of dead bamboo in your bamboo forest.
paths don't connect everywhere (to the beach, the cafe, to villagers' houses)
path leading off a cliff?? (south of your house)

constructive criticism:

as teddysmama said, stick with 2 way path. i feel that it should be that way with the way the pattern your using is. if you can find a 1 way trail pattern/path that would be better for 1 tile paths, use that.
i'd recommend cutting down the bamboo blocking the way towards the water well next to re-tail. try to make it look accessible.
try to build a path going in front of the cafe, to villagers houses, etc.
oh and try to have less zig zagging of your paths. it takes up lots of potential space for things you might wanna place down.
could use more pwps. i only saw really basic stuff like benches and lights.
plant more flowers! go nuts!

I've visited your town a total of three times and I was always impressed with your progress :3

Pros:
-Cute pathways! It matches the fairytale/ princess theme very well.
-Town Hall and Train Station match(lucky XP)
-The flower arch is super cute! I need that PWP so bad!!
-Hybrids are always good.
-Cute house.. but the main room looks incomplete. There's nothing in the middle??
-Lovely theme overall <3

Cons:
-Lots of non fruits are on the ground T^T
-Hybrids are growing but not used to decorate your town. Try spreading them out to different spots. For example place your pink roses by retail or orange flowers by the Cafe. It matches well c:
-MORE fruit trees!! I love fruit trees because it can add a ton of color to your town.
-Too many bamboo~! I'm not really a fan of bamboo especially when there's that many.. but maybe you plan to create a small forest area of bamboo?
-At the bottom of retail there is nothing. Once you unlock the PWPs you like try placing them south of retail. Maybe a park would be cute~

That's all I can critique on for now. Either way your town is coming together nicely <3 You can check out my dream to get some ideas. Don't go in the main houses though xD They're so bare and my house is messy! I'm still working on the southern part of town~!! ;3

Last edited:
Thanks for the critiques, everyone!

Unfortunately my town is still a big mess, my house is still lacking the roof it needs, and I haven't gotten a chance to clean everything up or make a ton of hybrids yet. o:

Back