• As TBT Fair's activities wrap up, we have an announcement about our remaining schedule and upcoming quiz worth up to an additional 9 tickets. Thanks for sharing so many amazing creations and memories with the community!

Critique Yo

Pokemanz

dont be such a sour wolf
Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Tasty Cake
Famous Mushroom
Bronze Trophy (Third Place)
Rainbow Feather
Pikachu Easter Egg
Tasty Cake
November Birthstone (Topaz)
October Birthstone (Opal)
September Birthstone (Sapphire)
July Birthstone (Ruby)
Haven't done one of these in a while, might as well right? Anyways, I was looking for critique on some of my latest graphics pieces as well as prices you think they might go for. Been kinda discouraged with GFX stuff lately so I've been avoiding banners, but whatever.
I sell lots of sigs in my shop but no one ever seems to want to buy banners or ref sheets from me. I've gotten a few ref orders lately though so I guess that's indication of improvement, but the banners are just eh.

They're big so click to see the full thing.

7dTiGgS.png

I3rnPWW.gif

hlZVaCd.jpg

8zWEeAj.png

Let me know what you think! All critique is welcome, I don't mind harsh stuff.

Last edited:
Your GFX looks great! They're all really crisp, high quality and have a comfortable colour scheme.

One thing I'd like to suggest is to play around with different font sizes. For example in your Luffy sig, to add emphasis onto certain words you should play around with different sizes as well as typefaces altogether.
Imagine the phrase being said with over-the-top, extremely exaggerated emphasis.
Sorry for taking your example >_< didnt know how to put it into words hahaha
TAZ8o0Y.png

Just adds a bit of 'excitement' c:

Experiment with making different phrases different sizes with the key words and important statements the biggest size/flashiest font.

Keep up the good work!

Your GFX looks great! They're all really crisp, high quality and have a comfortable colour scheme.

One thing I'd like to suggest is to play around with different font sizes. For example in your Luffy sig, to add emphasis onto certain words you should play around with different sizes as well as typefaces altogether.
Imagine the phrase being said with over-the-top, extremely exaggerated emphasis.
Sorry for taking your example >_< didnt know how to put it into words hahaha
TAZ8o0Y.png

Just adds a bit of 'excitement' c:

Experiment with making different phrases different sizes with the key words and important statements the biggest size/flashiest font.

Keep up the good work!

Thanks! ^-^

Text is probably what I struggle with the most: placement, size, font, ect, I just never seem to be happy with it. I try to add emphasis like you mentioned (the first banner for example), but it always seems like I don't have enough room since I tend to let my renders take up a lot of space. I also try to stay away from super-small text since it appears really blurry when I add it. Either that or it looks off when I outline it. One thing that I've learned recently though is that small text actually looks fine when seen from full size, so I'll be using smaller text in banners to come. Curly fonts though still cause trouble for me as they're too thin to be outlined which is why I never use them. It's probably just my program though, it's really old haha.

I think I'll try this out on the next request in my banner freebie thread since it's one of those "I love you" quotes that could use the emphasis. Thanks for the critique! c:

Back