• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Crossbreeding Flowers Thread

EpicGamer12

Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Pink Balloon
Pink Balloon
Purple Balloon
Purple Balloon
Toy Hammer
Dreamy Party Popper
Pink Hybrid Tulip
Pink Hybrid Rose
Pink Hybrid Rose
Pink Hybrid Tulip
The game is out, and so is the ability to crossbreed flowers! I set up all the flowers in my town yesterday to make some hybrids and watered them all, and sure enough, I got a pink rose! I'm so happy to see results so quickly!

Talk about crossbreeding flowers in this thread, or even just flowers in general.

Crossbreeding flowers is a way to take normal red, yellow, and white flowers and create more flowers of different colors. This process normally takes watering flowers and having them in a certain position. An example of two different colors that would spawn a hybrid of a different color would be a red and a white rose, which creates a pink rose.
The position for the flowers is a diagonal position or criss-cross position. Here is an example with Os as the flowers and Xs as the empty spots.
OXO
XOX
OXO
This would pattern can continue for as long as your want. Make sure you water your flowers everyday for the best results! You also can not use two different kinds of flowers. For example, do not put roses and tulips together. They will obviously not do anything.

Guide of flowers by color (thanks Bidoof!) http://bidoofcrossing.tumblr.com/post/51137777970/animal-crossing-new-leaf-hybrids

Last edited:
Is it the same mechanic as City Folk? Where you put it like in a grid of sorts?

---O
-OXO
---O

edit: well that didn't really come out right but i hope you get it

Yes! I love how much faster these hybrids grow in game. I set up a ton of flower patches around my town last night. Up this morning, and I have 2 pink cosmos, black rose, and a black tulip! :D

Edit: A friend of mine has the island so when we were on the tours I would just run around and collect the flowers. ^_^

I suggest adding a picture/link to the guide in the first post. I know I'm not the only one here who hasn't crossbred flowers.

I found this earlier today:

Rose
a4faf27401434916fdd85c23e9d548a1.jpg

Pansy
0d47706572b6aa3d805eb078f7362f79.jpg

Lily
05132bb09175e3dfe2f84f7188b2d72e.jpg

Cosmos
757e7c07494acf09940acf9ce1cb7be9.jpg

Carnations
10570dde96ec654bf02376908ef7a3f9.jpg

Last edited:
Gardening and crossbreeding has always been one of my favorite things to do in AC! And I look forward to the new flowers and all of that we have going on in New Leaf! That picture guide is super handy, I might even use it. I can't believe the only way to make new PURPLE pansies is to breed orange and orange! o_O how strange! haha!

Are Gold Roses back? I remember you needed to get the gold watering can first though.

I haven't actually seen gold roses in any screen shots yet, but I'd be really surprised if they left that out!

I'm hoping they havent. Although I've yet to see any confirmation of gold tools (fishing rod, axe, net etc) so I don't know :S

Black/Gold Rose orchards. YES.

I'm hoping they havent. Although I've yet to see any confirmation of gold tools (fishing rod, axe, net etc) so I don't know :S

Black/Gold Rose orchards. YES.
Come to think of it, I haven't seen any screenshots (I'll admit, I wasn't looking at a lot to save myself from spoilers) of golden tools or heard much of anything about them. I did however find this article (it's legitimacy may or may not be in question) that has a bunch of questions from readers of Japan's Famitsu answered by New Leaf's creators: http://www.polygon.com/2012/11/14/3644026/more-burning-animal-crossing-new-leaf-questions-answered

Are there golden tools in New Leaf?

Isao Moro, director: "Yes. In addition, you'll also get silver tools in this game. Gold and silver tools have different features, but by and large it's harder to get golden tools and you'll get better effects about them. See if you can't get the whole set."

Haha I guess that's what I get for trying to avoid spoilers like the plague. I don't know anything. :p

Back