• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Clothing Danganronpa's Hope's Peak Academy uniforms

Sinmenon

Rambling Rambler
Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Orange (Fruit)
Lobo
Isabelle
Yellow Candy
tumblr_plad84YfA91y3ni7ro1_400.png

I’ve decided to make the Hope’s Peak Academy school uniforms! I want to do the whole set: boys and girls, and both the main course (aka: the Ultimates) and the reserve course (the ordinary people). I've started with the girls from the main course, and I'm going to post the reserve tomorrow. I'll be doing the non-accessorized versions, so don't expect Nanami's or Sonia's versions anytime soon, for example.
Right now I've got: the winter version (with jacket), the summer version (short sleeves) and no jacket with long sleeves.

tumblr_plad64jwKd1y3ni7ro5_1280.png

tumblr_plad64jwKd1y3ni7ro4_1280.png

tumblr_plad64jwKd1y3ni7ro3_1280.png

Last edited:
I've made untucked versions of the jacket-less ones, ideal for a more laid-back look.

tumblr_plad64jwKd1y3ni7ro6_r1_1280.png

tumblr_plad64jwKd1y3ni7ro7_r1_1280.png

Hope's Peak Academy: Reserve Course girls

tumblr_plcigrHsm91rs2gquo1_400.png

Now it is the time for the Reserve Course girls to shine!
The Main Course are the Ultimates, the elite, the very special kids with talents who are prodigies in their respective areas. The Reserve? These are the ordinary students, who pay fees to join the school and receive an education under the HPA?s brand name. If you?ve played DR2 or watched the DR3 Despair anime, you know what happens next?

tumblr_plashqus691y3ni7ro4_1280.png

tumblr_plashqus691y3ni7ro3_1280.png

tumblr_plashqus691y3ni7ro5_1280.png

Only the long sleeved version of the uniform appears in the anime, the jacket is an educated guess based in the fact that its general design is almost identical to the Main Course's.
Next up is going to be the Main Course boys.

Last edited:
Hope's Peak Academy: Main Course's boys

tumblr_ple1m5jyzJ1y3ni7ro4_r1_400.png

I have to admit the male design is far less exciting compared to the female counterpart, but I tried to be accurate. ?\_(ツ)_/?
In the game/anime we see so many different designs because all the characters are wearing the uniforms from their previous schools. I used the DR3 Despair anime and the 78th class school photo we see in DR1 as reference.

tumblr_ple6hat6eb1y3ni7ro4_1280.png

tumblr_ple6hat6eb1y3ni7ro3_1280.png

The photo for reference:
tumblr_ple1m5jyzJ1y3ni7ro3_r1_400.png

I know the girls' ribbon isn't a match, but they changed it in the DR3 anime so it was a small retcon. I'm pretty sure that Kodaka didn't think that far during the production of the first game.

Yeah, the Reserve department is going to be yet another recolor but it will be the last.

Hope's Peak Academy: Reserve Course boys

tumblr_plgmjkXmOx1y3ni7ro3_r1_400.png

The final Hope?s Peak Academy uniform, this one for the Reserve Course boys. Once again the female uniform was so much more interesting, but I suppose it can also be used as an ordinary suit. During the series the boys are usually shown wearing the blazer buttoned only, except for that one walking spoiler.

tumblr_plgo6bRHNf1y3ni7ro3_1280.png

tumblr_plgo6bRHNf1y3ni7ro4_1280.png

For reference, some random students
tumblr_plgmjkXmOx1y3ni7ro6_r1_500.png

Yes, the series usually shows random NPCs as being featureless blue shades. It is both creepy and deliberate given the context

Back