• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Day 347 - Title to Be Announced

behth

Beth from Storrs
Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Classic Easter Egg
After waking up and coming out of my house, I tried to go back inside to change my outfit and grab my tools but my front door wouldn't open. Well this is incredibly odd, I thought, but then I realized I didn't remember getting home last night...The last thing I recalled was being at the cafe, passing out, and waking up in my house this morning. I was slightly worried about what I had gotten into, but then old man Resetti popped out of my yard and that told me my batteries must have died. Phew. Fortunately he's very understanding of such a situation and let me go rather quickly.

I purchased a new Garden Exterior and Arched Pink Door yesterday, and they actually look really nice. And with that, all of my exterior parts are Fairy Tale-themed. I believe they all look fairly decent, albeit pink and girly, as you can see a bit here in this picture I took when Whitney asked me to bury a time capsule and I questioned her motives.

View attachment 234700

...I'll just bury it for her and question no further.
I chose a spot in her yard to the east of her house, where I'm planting some azalea bushes in a checkered pattern. Leif was selling a pink azalea start today, and for the second time in a row I must've been standing just a PIXEL off since the bush planted a spot too high. And that's frustrating because it seems like Lief is always selling the kind of bushes you want UNTIL you want them.

Finally getting off to make my daily rounds, I cleaned up a bit of the pathway where Patty's house used to be. I believe I'm going to demolish the Flower Arch behind where she lived that I use to protect the hybrids that I plant there and move my flowers to the beach. That way there can be some extra room for a new move-in to (hopefully) put their house.

A bit later on down the road I ran into Chief and he called me over. He wanted to formulate a new nickname for me, which I was all for. 'Lil B' and 'Beefcake' are getting rather old. He suggested 'missy', which I suppose is alright so I agreed to that. I like that idea of Chief saying to me, "Now Missy..." but I'm not sure I'd like it coming from anyone else. Then he and I shared a brief little cat nap on this bench.

View attachment 234701

And I am pleased to report that my stray rock today was an amethyst so I could replace that lone ruby there around my purple flower bed.

I made it to the last leg of my patrol today and didn't have a single fossil. I figured I just missed a couple like I have been lately, but I was pleasantly surprised to see all four fossils scattered around the single area where I breed my hybrids. I took them to Blathers to have them appraised, and I offered my Mystic Statue from Redd only to have him tell me it was fake. I tossed it and the pitfall seed in the trash on my way to Shyloh's, where I dropped all of my daily finds. I really need to unlock Cyrus with her, since I bought a Fancy Frame I need refurbished with one of her designs. I looked up the requirements for waking Cyrus up and dang if they aren't steep! 100 items and 50 clothes in your catalog and having 100,000 bells worth of items sold to Reese. So I'm going to have to get a quick start on that and give her every item I find to sell.
(UPDATE: Literally just posted this and prepared myself for the arduous task of collecting items, walked in to Re-Tail to sell my first batch, and Cyrus was up and at 'em. That was..easy.)

Realizing that I'd found all of my friends except for Wart Jr., I stopped by his place on my way to work at the Roost. He told me that he watched something very interesting on TV last night about nail art, and he couldn't understand why anyone would want to grow their nails out like that saying, and I quote, that "claws are for attacking and intimidating your prey." Speaking of, I actually really need to cut my nails...

At the Roost, I had a pretty good day with my customers. Buck came in first, and I know what kind he likes. Mocha, little milk, one sugar. Boom.
Dizzy was next, and I actually realized that the totally random villagers is a good thing to keep it from getting boring. She requested a Blue Mountain coffee with three sugars. THAT'S HOW YOU ORDER A COFFEE, EVERYONE. So obviously, she wanted lots of milk so her coffee was just right.
Walker came in after that, from wherever he came from, and requested two sugars. I figured I'd try a mocha blend and added a regular amount of milk, which pleased him.
Now I was well on the way to a perfect four for four until Dr. Shrunk came in and ruined it all. I gave him a blue mountain with a little milk and two sugars, and he didn't like it. At least he told me he prefers mocha.
Still, Brewster gave me superb coffee beans and a Siphon.

Lastly I made my way over to Shyloh's to take pictures in the next room. The Cinder-block Wall I ordered looks fantastic, as does the Simple Gray Roof I decided to purchase yesterday as well.

View attachment 234702

Here's the front side of the locker room! I really like this room, since I've always been a big fan of the bathhouse items and could finally put them to good use. I squeezed in as many lockers as I could manage, with some Museum Chairs for benches. Since I love the bathtub, I rationalized that it could be the tub where they take their ice baths, which are a real thing I do not understand the relevance of.

View attachment 234704

And here's an overhead view of the back side of the room. I have the Showers blocked off from the front of the room with a Washbasin, and separated from the toilets with a Hospital Screen. Initially I wasn't sure how I was going to separate the toilets from the rest of the room, but then I had the idea of using several Bathroom Sinks and sticking some lockers up against the backs of them. I also have a Trash Can and a Mop in here for good measure, along with a Bath Mat and a couple Manhole Covers for drains.

Now there's just two more rooms to feature, so stick around. ^^
I'm off to finish up the basement and make some more progress on the upstairs. Getting Cyrus to wake up is going to take some time, but I think I have enough items lying around town to build up a good catalog.

Attachments

• HNI_0039.JPG
    HNI_0039.JPG
    39.3 KB · Views: 28
  • HNI_0044.JPG
    HNI_0044.JPG
    47.4 KB · Views: 31
  • HNI_0049.JPG
    HNI_0049.JPG
    31.7 KB · Views: 31
  • HNI_0050.JPG
    HNI_0050.JPG
    32.6 KB · Views: 31
Aw, you and Chief look so cute on the bench. And I'm happy for you that you got the amethyst you wanted for your flower bed.

The locker room looks amazing! You really have a talent for decorating. I never would have thought to use the Museum chairs, but they work perfectly! And everything is separated nicely, so you don't feel crowded or confused as to what section is what.

Looking forward to the rest of the tour.

Back