• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Day 368 - Pocket Predicaments

behth

Beth from Storrs
Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Classic Easter Egg
Hello, friends! Blogging from my tablet today, so bare with me and kindly dismiss any typos that may escape my notice. :p Starting my day off today, I picked out some clothes to wear and made sure I had all of the tools I would need. Not sure I've mentioned this before, but I generally prefer to carry a shovel, net, and watering can on my person at all times. If I ever need another tool for some reason, I just run back to my house and grab one. Anyhow, that being done, I closed my wardrobe and heard a knock on the door. This time, Wart Jr. came by after I actually had my clothes on.

View attachment 234885

Yeah, I can't turn down a surprise visit from some of my best pals. :)
Fortunately he didn't want to see much besides my main room, and after having chatted for a bit, he gave me a Stripe Wall for my hospitality and saw himself out.

Outside, I checked my mail before wandering off. I had letters from Whitney and Buck, thanking me for having them over to visit and coming over to their place respectively. Both enclosed gifts that were new additions to my catalog, so I was ultimatey grateful. I also had a letter from Chief, just letting me know that he appreciates all I do for him. He's such a sweetheart. I also had my deliveries from T&T, all of the original shirts of my villagers that I had in my catalog. Which conveniently turned out to be every one of my friends except for Wart Jr. I left those in their envelopes for the time being so I wouldn't waste any inventory slots.

Then I decided to set off in the opposite direction as usual for patrol. Livin' on the edge. It ended up being slightly more challenging than I expected, having to be extra vigilant so as not to skip over any places I couldn't particularly place in reverse chronological order. I ended up successful, however, having found all of the fossils and the pitfall seed that had placed themselves throughout my town overnight.

First off, I noticed a dig-spot beside Whitney's house, and instinctively began to blame the pitfall culprit that keeps burying them beside my friends' houses. But no, it just turned out to be the time capsule I had buried for Whitney what felt like ages ago. I then recalled the sketchy stipulation with which she told me to bury it: that there was just something in it she wanted "underground for a while." That made me a little more anxious (if not slightly apprehensive) to ascertain the contents of the capsule, so I hastily saw myself into her home, as she was conveniently in at the time. Turns out, it was just an old Bunny Shirt inside, that she said she had buried in hopes of retrieving in a time when such a trend was again in-style. Unfortunately, I was afraid that is was not, nor likely ever was, in style, and she ended up giving it to me as a reward. Thanks so much.

Later on, trying to discern the correct route to take counterclockwise through town, I ran into Chief and Fang hanging out by the river behind Re-Tail. Fang hadn't much to say, and Chief told me that he'd eaten too much greasy food and had some "wicked heartburn" as a result. I ran home to grab a perfect pear to ease his troubles, and he gave me a Range as thanks.

Also nearby, Mitzi called me over and urged me to take her Red-Tasseled Lantern. She gave me no opportunity to question, so I took it thankfully and stashed it away to be sold later. I chatted with her again and she noticed the Hopscotch Floor that Buck had sent me. Since my pockets were getting pretty full and I wasn't even halfway done with my daily inspection of town, I agreed to sell it to her for 240 bells.

A couple fossils, stray flowers, and bamboo shoots later, my pockets were entirely full. I judged that I still had a few items in town left to unearth, so I dropped the stray flowers off and vowed to retrieve them along with any others later. After appraising my fossils and selling my first batch of stuff, I made another quick round to pick up the stray flowers I had found. Sold them off, then went up to Main Street for my daily browse of the shops.

On my way, I found Sahara roaming around the plaza. I patronized her as usual, and she hooked me up with a Ranch Floor and Sci-Fi Wall, neither of which I was very excited to get so I swapped my old ones back and went back to my business. T&T was loaded with good deals today; a new K.K. song, Loom, Tangerine Chair, and Floral wall for my catalog, along with my basic fertilizer, sapling, and bag of flowers I hoped to find a use for. With those purchases, plus two packs of stationery to mail to my friends later, my pockets were completely full again. So before I could check out the Abel Sisters', I had to get rid of this stuff first.

Back to town, I planted my fertilizer and made sure to water all of my breeding hybrids, along with my spare ones on the beach. Then I planted my sapling, added KK. Mambo to my radio at home, set the packs of paper aside, and sold everything else. On my way back to MainStreet, I stopped to talk to Felicity, and she said just what was on my mind.

View attachment 234886

It went on to be an impromptu gameplay lesson that I'd already known, but I couldn't help but think that it came at an awfully appropriate moment.

Back at the Abel Sisters', I scored a Tulip Tee for my catalog that was actually quite cute I may try out sometime. Labelle had a White Cap and Chef's Hat for me, and then I got some Brown Loafers at Kick's. Overall good catalog haul today.

Yesterday, I ended up making the corners for the checkered grass pathway I'd mentioned wanting to use in the southern half of town, below the river. Surprisingly, it didn't take me all that long, and I got the pathways all switched out!

View attachment 234887

The corners do seem a bit flat, but I figure it isn't noticeable unless I point it out, as I just did. :p So now, the Wonderland half of town has its official, permanent pathway. I like it because it's just Wonderland-y enough to not be overbearing, like the entire half of town with this path has to adhere to the one strict theme. But in places where the theme is directly accentuated, the pathway should fit perfectly in. Of course I'll add certain distinguishing tidbits to those areas, like red and white roses to border the pathway around the Red Queen's Castle and whatnot. I'm going to experiment with some different kinds of flowers around the edges of the path in other places.
And I still have the red and black Queen of Hearts tile saved, so expect to see that make a return every once in a while.

Also, my ore rock today was a gold nugget which made three added to the two I had saved, so I made sure to drop them off with Cyrus. Lastly, I opened all of the shirts I'd ordered for my friends and attached them all to letters asking that they be kept "for old times' sake." I'm looking forward to seeing if everyone sets them out in their homes.

Attachments

• HNI_0058.JPG
    HNI_0058.JPG
    40.7 KB · Views: 18
  • HNI_0068.JPG
    HNI_0068.JPG
    43.5 KB · Views: 19
  • HNI_0072.JPG
    HNI_0072.JPG
    41.3 KB · Views: 17
Cute outfit! I tend to stay in skirts and dresses (as I do in RL), but that's definitely something I'd put on my character.

I have to agree with Felicity. Pockets just aren't big enough. And my mail slots are usually more than full up, holding tools.

I love the new path you've put down. I don't see anything flat about it, but I'm sure you'll be tweaking things, since we never think our towns are "done". ;)

Thanks! :) Haha, I often find myself in just a t-shirt and pants, so that ended up being reflected in-game too. I try to dress up now and then, but I don't like many of the skirts or dresses. x)

Back