• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Day 381 - Relaxing Rain

behth

Beth from Storrs
Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Classic Easter Egg
Rain today! Yay! And it actually started before I did this time, so I could wear my raincoat all day. I grabbed my Polka-Dot Rain Boots and Toad Umbrella and set off to start my day. Whitney was outside, as usual, and asked me to get a fruit that was as perfect as she is. Didn't take any time at all to run back inside and grab her a perfect peach from my drawers. She thanked me with a Kiddie Table, which was new to my catalog.

My patrol was easy today since I wouldn't have to water any flowers. I found most of the fossils and several bamboo shoots my stalks in the Zen Park had reproduced. After that, I found Felicity on the Cobblestone Bridge. We had matching umbrellas!

View attachment 235008

She had asked for something to take up the extra space in her house, and I agreed to buy her something if I thought it would look nice with her decor.

Just a little way's below, I found Lolly. She asked if she could come over to visit me and we set a time for noon. It was about half an hour away at the time, so I was sure I wouldn't miss it.

On my way up to Main Street, I found Becky and Chief a'whistling. Evidently, Becky had convinced Chief to change into the design she was wearing, so now they match. Eh..Becky really ruins it, in my opinion. Anyhow, I was very glad to see my Chiefers back to his old self again. I spoke to him and he thanked me for taking such good care of him with a Spa Chair, also a new addition to my catalog.

View attachment 235009

Buck was home, wisely staying in out of the rain this morning. I paid him a visit and he asked me to catch a horse mackerel for him. Fitting, since he's a horse. I noticed he'd replaced his yellow butterfly with the koi I caught for him yesterday, and I hoped he might set the horse mackerel out in place of it. I'm okay with Buck having a pet, as long as it's a horse mackerel or a barbel steed. d:

I ran down to the beach and planted the black lilies and orange cosmos my flowers had bred overnight. While there, I took out my fishing rod and caught the first fish I saw. It was a horse mackerel! I took it back up to Buck and he rewarded me with a Chichi-Print Tee. He didn't set the fish out right then, so I thought I would give him a moment to decide where to put it. I walked out and back in, and was happy to see that he did put it out in place of the Koi.

Next in my hybrid breeding field, I noticed that my purple tulip did not spawn another but a red tulip instead. I planted that diagonally from the purple, since purple + red was how I bred a second purple tulip to begin with. Hopefully that will work again. I watered all of my breeding hybrids despite the rain, just to be sure.

Lolly had drifted over and I talked to her. She wanted my Chichi-Print Tee for 45 bells, which I agreed to let her have. She changed into it, and I was glad since I didn't like the Frog Costume on her at all. She also reminded me that she was coming over at 12, and I almost jumped out of my skin thinking it had to be past 12 by then. Fortunately, it was only 11:57, so I ran back home to be ready for her. By the time she came over, I was eating lunch, so I felt kind of bad that I didn't talk to her much but just let her walk around until she was ready to leave. She said she enjoyed herself, though, which is very much like my Lolly.

Though it was raining, I thought I would go ahead with the Lighthouse completion ceremony, since I won't be able to tomorrow due to Weeding Day. So here it is in some better light.

View attachment 235010

I wasn't initially sure how the shells would look like around it, but I like them. :)

Lastly, Redd was in town today, so I visited his tent to browse his selection this week. He had a Neutral Painting which seemed legit, so I bought it to take to my museum tomorrow.

Oh! And here's the area where Wart Jr. lived that I want to re-landscape.

View attachment 235011

I think I'm going to keep the red and yellow pansies bordering the river, but the ones around the tree, bushes, and garbage can I'd like to replace.
OPINION TIME: What kind of flowers should I plant?

Attachments

• HNI_0019.JPG
    HNI_0019.JPG
    36.2 KB · Views: 23
  • HNI_0023.JPG
    HNI_0023.JPG
    40.8 KB · Views: 21
  • HNI_0029.JPG
    HNI_0029.JPG
    35.6 KB · Views: 23
  • HNI_0026.JPG
    HNI_0026.JPG
    36.3 KB · Views: 24
Rain is always really relaxing, especially when it won't get you wet. XD

As for flowers, how about a mix of blue roses and purple tulips?

I like your lighthouse! I've actually been in the middle of putting in donations for mine, and I'm nearly done. I think I want to pay off more of my mortgage first, though. ;)

I also love the idea of adding flowers to what was once Wart Jr.'s land.

A little memorial garden to Wart Jr. might be very nice. It's a shame there are no brown flowers, or that would match his color...maybe some flowers in his house colors, if you remember what it looked like?

The shells around the lighthouse is a great idea! Looks very cool.

Thanks, Meghan! The lighthouse is definitely one of my favorite pwps.

Yeah, I thought the exact same thing about brown flowers being perfect! But oh well. And his house was yellow and reddish, hence the yellow and red pansies. I think I will go with the blue and purple flowers, but plant a mango tree, in honor of the mango he tried to sell to me every day for a whole week. :p

Back