• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Day 382 - Weeds Be Gone!

behth

Beth from Storrs
Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Classic Easter Egg
Hello everyone, and happy Weeding Day! If you were like me, you were very much looking forward to this event, so I hope everyone had a good one. Before I get to that, though, I had my business to attend to.

First of all, I feel the need to mention that when I went to the beach to water my hybrids last night, I noticed that my pink carnations had bred a white one! This was my first white carnation ever, and the last hybrid I needed to grow. :D

View attachment 235018

Needless to say, I was extremely elated to see this. I have had pink and red carnations sprouting everywhere since Mother's and Father's Day of last year. It's about time I got a white one!

Onto today, I thought I would wear a flowery shirt in spirit of the event today, and decided on my recently acquired Tropical Tank that I still needed to style. I went with jeans, a clover, and my green polka-dot pumps, and that worked well enough for me. I made sure I had all of my necessary tools and headed out.

Whitney was outside and as was the case with most of my villagers today, we talked about Weeding Day. She, like just about everyone else in town, told me to be sure and pick her share of weeds, seeing as she didn't seem too thrilled with the thought of weeding today. Since when are my villagers this lazy when it comes to participating in special events?

I avoided Leif in the plaza and vowed to get back to him after I'd done my daily duties. I found all of my fossils with ease, along with several gyroids that had come from wherever as a result of yesterday's rain. Also a result, all of my flowers were bright and cheery today and wouldn't need watering. Always a nice bonus. The same rock as yesterday was my money rock -- the one in the northeast corner of the Zen Park. Kind of boring, but I can't complain about 8,100 extra bells!

Finishing my patrol in the hybrid breeding field, I was pleased to see that my technique worked yet again. The red tulip I planted with my purple yesterday had grown another purple! So now I have my second purple tulip back to breed with my first one. Huzzah. I'm planning on growing some purple and pink tulips right now for a little section of the path beside of Re-Tail.

Next I took my fossils up to the museum, and also had Blathers check out my Neutral Painting from Redd. Despite looking legit (to me) in the comparison I made at his shop yesterday, it was a fake, so I dropped it in the trash can on my way back down to Re-Tail. I sold my inventory to Reese, and the amount of bells I ended up with was rather amusing.

View attachment 235019

So it was time for a trip to the bank. I deposited 100,000 bells, then went on to do my routine search of the shops. I bought a pack of Hamburger Paper, a Waitress Dress, New Spring Skirt, and Powdered Wig for my catalog, then returned to town to get the party started.

I talked to Leif, and he told me that Storrs had been neglecting its weed-pulling duties. Of course, Leif. It was all in anticipation for your special day, don't you know. He told me to come back and see him when I was completely finished cleaning up the town. So I set to work!

View attachment 235020
The ceremonial first weed pulled!

I cannot express how eager I was for Weeding Day to come, not just to get rid of all the pesky weeds I'd been allowing to pile up, but I was also greatly looking forward to the prizes, and hopefully a few four-leaf clovers. That said, biggest disappointment of my life.

In all of town, I would say that I hardly had as many as 50 weeds to pull. I was done in a matter of minutes, and not a single clover yielded a lucky one. I wasn't sure what stipulations there were for the various prizes, like having a certain amount of weeds pulled or what, so I only managed to earn one. A Rose Sofa, which I was very stoked to receive, as it will be an amazing addition to the Red Queen's Castle. However, I do not feel like I was rewarded enough for having disabled my Beautiful Town ordinance and letting weeds accumulate and flowers die since the first of March. But I did thoroughly enjoy cleaning up all of the weeds that had been paining my eyes over the past two months, and it was a grand learning experience for me. Now I know to start collecting weeds even earlier next year, so I'll have tons of them everywhere and hopefully gain more prizes.

To be honest, undoing my beautiful town ordinance did not end up being as much of a pain as I originally thought it was going to be. In fact, I may even keep my Bell Boom ordinance for a while longer -- I want to start collecting as many four-leaf clovers as I can, for pathways and such. Being able to pull weeds every day will make it better, and I've actually come to enjoy the habit of watering my flowers daily. Although only getting one of Leif's pieces put a damper on my plans to start on the last room of my Red Queen's Castle, I suppose I can find some of the items I want from people on the forums. And I'm already looking forward to next year's Weeding Day.

Attachments

• HNI_0038.JPG
    HNI_0038.JPG
    34.6 KB · Views: 637
  • HNI_0045.JPG
    HNI_0045.JPG
    40.6 KB · Views: 24
  • HNI_0050.JPG
    HNI_0050.JPG
    41.5 KB · Views: 50
I also found Weeding Day disappointing. My town only had a handful of weeds despite what I thought was lengthy planning, and I only got one item of furniture. At least now, I can put my Beautiful Town ordinance back in place...

Neither of my towns had any weeds (I thought Salem might, since I have Night Owl there), so I got my topiaries unlocked for both towns. Each of my alternates got furniture, but between them, there were a lot of duplicates.

I guess I should stop pulling weeds now to build up a good supply for next year. ;)

Congrats on getting the white carnation! Your breeding program is really doing well. I love your bamboo fence, too.

Back