• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Day 398 - Gifts for Growing Up

behth

Beth from Storrs
Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Classic Easter Egg
Good afternoon, everyone! Life in Storrs should get back on track with this post. Not much happened in town today, but that's what I was hoping would be the case so I could gradually get back into the routine of blogging. Started off by putting on a nice springy outfit, grabbing my tools, and I was ready to go.

Outside, I was greeted by cloudy skies (as has been the case the past few days) but my instrument shelter did not predict rain, so I carried on without an umbrella. Whitney was outside of our houses, as usual, and she told me she wanted to replace her Baby Bear. I was quite surprised that she wanted to get rid of it, since the last time I had visited her she told me how important it was to her. Regardless, I admired the strength it must have taken to snap her sentimentality for the sake of maturity, and I agreed to buy her anything in the shops that might catch my eye.

Carrying on with my patrol of the town, I stopped and had a moment of silence by the void where Mitzi's house used to be.

View attachment 235114

It was such an ideal spot, too. But I don't miss her much, good friend though she was. I know she'll be loved wherever she ends up. :) Now Storrs is down to eight residents, which I think is a decent number to stay at. Just small enough for a new random resident to move in, but not so small that new residents are moving in left and right.

I'm probably going to extend the forest across the path and around where Mitzi used to live, just for the time being. That way, it'll take up the entire area on the south side of the river, from the Suspension Bridge down to the campsite.

Later on, I found Buck outside below Re-Tail. He asked me to catch him a river fish and since I was presently close to home, I ran on over and grabbed my fishing rod. Searched along the river by the hybrid breeding field until I caught a loach, which I thought would suit him. I handed it over and he gave me a Genie Shirt as a reward.

After I'd finished my walk and collected any stray items, I made for Main Street and the Museum. On the way, I stopped for a moment to consider what I'm going to do with the left side of the path from Re-Tail north to the Brick Bridge.

View attachment 235115

The red and white roses are just place holders until I come up with a new combination of flowers to line the pathway with. I want some bright colored flowers, since this path comes down right after you cross the river and enter my Wonderland-themed part of town. I have the pink and purple tulips on the other side by Re-Tail, and some pink and purple roses lining the right side of the path down below. Any suggestions?

That aside, I made it to the Museum unimpeded and had my fossils assessed by Blathers. Once that was done, I returned to town and sold my inventory to Reese. With that, my bells surpassed their limit, so I made a trip to the bank and deposited another 100,000. I had quite enough bells left on hand, so I went on to do my routine shopping.

At T&T, I bought my obligatory fertilizer and a pink-azalea start. With that bush, the section of path from the west side of the Plaza to down around my house was complete with alternating white and pink azaleas and chopped bamboo stalks. The second floor had a Makeup Case for sale, which I had yet to collect for my catalog. So I bought it, and then got to thinking that it would be a nice gift for Whitney, seeing as she's growing up and all.

Back to town, I went along trying to find Whitney. I noticed that Deirdre was home and decided to stop in and say hi. I noticed she had put a big Modern Bed in the far right corner of her room...and that has definitely got to go. Why does she need two beds, anyway? I also noticed that she displayed the Modern Wood Stool I'd sent her for her birthday. Interesting note: In the reply letter she sent me, instead of mindless chatter, she actually thanked me for the birthday present! So they actually DO read your letters and understand what you say. d: I chatted with her a bit and, go figure, she proposed a trade for the Makeup Case. I declined, and left to find Whitney before anybody else wanted to snag it.

Eventually I found her on the Cobblestone Bridge by Felicity's house. I was still hesitant to give it to her, since I knew how attached she was to her Baby Bear. But I swallowed that notion and gave her the Makeup Case, and she was very eager to display it when she got home. She gave me a Pantheon Post in return, which was new to my catalog, so I figured it was the right thing to do after all.

Attachments

• HNI_0020.JPG
    HNI_0020.JPG
    30.7 KB · Views: 15
  • HNI_0023.JPG
    HNI_0023.JPG
    40.6 KB · Views: 15
About the flowers...maybe try some orange ones? I think that might be suitable if you're going to keep those orange trees over there. I'm unsure of what other type of flower would look good with that, however. :confused:

Good luck with the future of Storrs! Your landscaping looks awesome!

Oh, that tree is a perfect pear tree. I have been considering orange and pink cosmos, maybe. Thanks. :D

Orange and pink roses or cosmos would be a nice combination, if you can find them.

Aw...Whitney must be growing up. The baby bear fit her house nicely, but hopefully the makeup case will be more to her liking!

Back