• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Day 400 - The Many Shades of a Villager

behth

Beth from Storrs
Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Classic Easter Egg
Good afternoon from Storrs! I'll cut the formalities and get right into the action today.

First thing this morning, I noticed that the final azalea bush I planted along the hedge in front of my house was fully grown and bloomed. I'm rather pleased with the result. What do you all think?

View attachment 235128

Before setting off I checked my mail, seeing that I had letters from Gulliver and Lolly. Since I was wrong about Gulliver's destination yesterday, he sent me a chocolate coin. Lolly thanked me for having her over yesterday and enclosed a Citrus Wall, which made a new addition to my catalog.

I embarked on my daily traverse through town, the usual way today as it's ultimately most efficient. I found Whitney in the plaza with her watering can and she told me that she was just doing her part to keep Storrs looking nice and green. Helpful villagers make a happy mayor!

A little further on and up into the forest, my day took a turn for the worst. I noticed a fenced-off plot of land set up....right in the middle of the pathway. I had a bad feeling that this would happen once I let Mitzi move. At least SHE had enough sense to set her house in the area to the right of the path. But no, apparently this did not cross Colton's mind.

View attachment 235129

Whenever I get a new villager that I haven't heard of before, I always have this instant premonition that they're going to be a duck. And so this infuriated me even more. I hereby resolved that Colton was going to have a very HORRIBLE stay in Storrs for every day that he lived here. But while I was adding him to my villager list, I noticed that he is instead a horse. This made me feel a lot better -- I usually like horse villagers, and if I like him, he might make a great pal for Buck. And I suppose I COULD demolish my Suspension Bridge, move it a little further down the river, and reroute the path. But only if Colton makes a REALLY good impression on me tomorrow.

Moving on, I searched all of the Business District for anything out of the ordinary and eventually found Felicity by the Cobblestone Bridge. In front of Becky's. To whom she wanted me to make a delivery.

View attachment 235130

But..you're...right there.
I agreed to help her for the friend points, and since Becky was home. I'd been wanting to visit Becky's house for a while, but she always seemed to be out. She asked me to guess the contents of the box and I said clothing, since that's what villager gifts usually are. I was correct, and she rewarded me with a Pink Parka. I took a moment to admire Becky's house; For such a painful villager, her house is actually really nice.

View attachment 235131

I was also glad to see that she displayed her Noble Shirt.

Outside of Becky's I spotted Deirdre. She asked me if I wanted to visit her house right away, and I was all to happy to concede. The perfect opportunity to get that Modern Bed out of her house! After some amiable chatter, I finally got her to suggest that she could sell me anything I happened to have my eyes on. I did, indeed. Fortunately she was willing to sell me her Modern Bed, and that was much better. :)

Exiting Deirdre's, I ran into Lolly. She asked if I could take her over to visit my house, even though she had asked me that yesterday. Feeling a bit guilty at having been caught hanging out with Deirdre in front of her, and being physically unable to deny Lolly a thing, I agreed to have her over for a while. She was happy, so I was happy.

Resuming my walk where I left off, I eventually found Chief in the hybrid breeding field. He asked me to get him an apple.

View attachment 235132

In my town, there are Whitneys, proactive and able to do things for themselves.
And there are the Felicitys and Chiefs, unable to see the simplicity of a task whenever there's someone else around to do it for them.
Nevertheless, I love them.

I shook an apple down for Chief, and he rewarded me with a Bug Zapper. This was new to my catalog so I figured it was a job well worth it.

Lastly, I wrapped up my day by selling my findings and taking some gold nuggets to Cyrus, since my fake rock bore me a third one today. Tomorrow we shall see if he made me something new or yet another repeat, and whether or not Colton seals himself a good fate.

Attachments

• HNI_0047.JPG
    HNI_0047.JPG
    43.6 KB · Views: 303
  • HNI_0049.JPG
    HNI_0049.JPG
    36.5 KB · Views: 20
  • HNI_0051.JPG
    HNI_0051.JPG
    39.1 KB · Views: 21
  • HNI_0056.JPG
    HNI_0056.JPG
    38.8 KB · Views: 22
  • HNI_0063.JPG
    HNI_0063.JPG
    40.5 KB · Views: 21
Ooh, Becky's house does look nice! She's quite the musical virtuoso, it seems!

I won't spoil what personality Colton has, but hopefully he's to your liking! Or maybe not, if you just want your path back the way it was. xD

Well I know that he's a smug horse. Don't know what he looks like, so at least that will be a surprise. x) Storrs doesn't have a smug at the moment, so he'll probably be a nice temporary addition.

Wow, your town is coming along so well! I hope that everything between you and Colton works out. :)

Last edited:
Back