• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Day 401 - New Beginnings

behth

Beth from Storrs
Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Classic Easter Egg
Hello again from Storrs. The skies were awfully cloudy when I started up today, so I decided to wear a jacket this time. I grabbed an umbrella just to be safe and headed out the door. The clock had chimed three while I was getting my things together, so by the time I exited my house again, it had started raining. Good call on the umbrella, I thought.

I had letters from Lolly and Deirdre, thanking me for spending time with them yesterday. Lolly had attached a Stripe Table which, again, I could cross off of my catalog. She's been doing very well with that lately! Deirdre had given me a Wooden Stool, which was nevertheless thoughtful. I also had a random note from Buck, telling me how he stared at the sky for several hours after going on a 14-mile (?? Storrs isn't even that big!) run yesterday. He was thankful that the sky was blue.

I was informed by Isabelle that our new resident had moved in today, though I was greatly anticipating this and needed not a reminder. In light of this, I opted to scope out the town along a different route today, so I would pass by Colton's new house last. I noticed that Whitney was home and paid her a short visit. The Makeup Case she displayed in favor of her Baby Bear looks very nice, though I wish she would have replaced the Giant Dharma instead. I also noticed that she had replaced her Neutral Corner with a giant fossil of some kind...That has definitely got to go. She asked me to catch her a butterfly and although it was raining and I knew the chances of that would be slim to none, I agreed to if I saw one.

View attachment 235141

A bit further on I found Buck and Chief walking around their houses together. I decided to chat with whomever pinged me, which turned out to be Buck. He noticed my Wooden Stool (somehow) and asked if I would trade it for his Dapper Shirt. I considered it for a moment before declining; Buck doesn't need a Wooden Stool in his house. Chatting once more, he asked if he could come over to my house for some bro-ladybro bonding, and I unfortunately had to decline as he wanted to set a time for over an hour later. Next I spoke to Chief, who likewise wanted to set a time for me to come over and visit his place. I would have loved to, but I didn't intend to stick around for over an hour and curtly turned down his invitation as well.

I noticed Fang was home and stopped in to see him. He asked me if I would get him a fruit since he was feeling rather tired. I agreed and quickly retrieved one from one of his orange trees outside. He said he had been waiting for this all of his life and thanked me with a Candy Gingham Shirt.

Next I went down from Fang's into the hybrid breeding field, and I was pleased to see that my black rose had spawned another since I'd lost my only other one after letting it wither and turn gold when I watered it. I planted it back in place of the substitute red one, then broke up the fake rock that was sitting in between them. It was a ruby that I stashed away to sell with my pickings later.

Then Lolly came strolling over to where I was. She said that leisurely walks on rainy days are good for the mind and soul, to which I had to agree. She told me she'd borrowed something from Deirdre and forgot to return it, so I said I would help her out. Deirdre was home, so I didn't have to go sloshing all over town looking for her. She did not disclose what the contents of the box had been, but instead rewarded me with a Grass Standee for my efforts. I spoke to her again to see what was up, and she informed me that Chief had asked her for a secret meeting behind the Town Hall. Oh? What sketchy business could my foxy wolf have been conjuring? Nothing of interest, apparently.

View attachment 235139

That said, I saw myself out, told Lolly the delivery went a-okay, and continued on my way. I found Felicity just across the river behind her house and she asked me if I had anything that she could add to her room. Thinking the Grass Standee would be perfect in her backyard-themed home, I gave that to her. I thought I might have given her one before, but she took it eagerly and thanked me with a Cube Clock. New addition to my catalog, so I had no regrets.

Becky was walking around just by us and I decided to talk to her. Maybe if I start talking to her more often, she'll be more likely to ping for a move? She asked to buy my Stripe Table and I declined for one) I just don't like her, and two) even if I did, I wouldn't want to mess up her lovely house.

I searched the rest of town and came to the river behind the forest. It was time. I inched my way forward until Colton's house came into view. I gave it a thorough inspection and concluded that it is a rather nice looking house. Reminded me of the White Rabbit's house a bit, in fact. That was certainly a point in his favor. Then it was time for the next test. I knocked on his door and saw my way inside. First impression? Colton is very handsome. Incredibly sweet, too.

View attachment 235140

And that was it. Colton has my every permission to be a happy, well-liked resident of Storrs.
I left him to unpack and started formulating a plan to do with the forest now. I ultimately decided to demolish the Suspension Bridge (since his house is now blocking it) and promptly saw Isabelle about the matter. First, though, I thought I would commission a new Face Cutout Standee beside Colton's house, since it had given me such a good idea. ;)

After all of that was done, I thought that I could move the Suspension Bridge just a few spaces further west towards the waterfall, as long as Isabelle doesn't say it's "too close." Then I can just route the path up through the forest, or do without a path altogether, since a path going through a forest seems a little unnecessary. I'll see more about that tomorrow. Nonetheless, Colton will be having a long stay in Storrs. :)

Lastly, I rounded up all of my patrol discoveries and sold them to Reese. While I was there, I went over to pick up the new golden piece that Cyrus had cooked up for me. It was the chair, unfortunately, but I took it with grace and gave him a new batch since my special rock had given me three new golden nuggets just today. The shops on Main Street didn't yield me much, either, except for my obligatory fertilizer and a sapling.

On my way down to water my breeding flowers, Buck stopped me in my tracks. He asked me to come up with a new catchphrase for him and I was all too happy to comply. "Giddy-up" was NOT catching on. I had him go back to saying "neighhbor", and now I just need Chief to drop "giddy-up." Not cool.

That's all for today! Sorry it was a bit of a windy post; Some days I just feel wordier than others, and today was one of those days. x) See you all tomorrow with any notable shenanigans and an update to the forest renovation. Thanks, Colton. Maybe this was just the shake-up this town needed.

Attachments

• HNI_0081.JPG
    HNI_0081.JPG
    34.1 KB · Views: 23
  • HNI_0087.JPG
    HNI_0087.JPG
    34.8 KB · Views: 22
  • HNI_0070.JPG
    HNI_0070.JPG
    29.9 KB · Views: 24
Geez, I hate when they put fossils in their house. The frame of mind of some of these animals truly boggles my mind... 'I think I'll replace my bed with this huge T-rex head! Who needs a place to sleep when I have FOSSILS?!' xD

That said, a big bed would look quite nice where that fossil is...perhaps an idea for a mail item for Whitney?

And I'm so glad you decided to give Colton a chance! From what your pic shows, he seems to be very polite and considerate. Such a great addition to Storrs! :D

Back