• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Day 402 - The Adventures of a Lost Book

behth

Beth from Storrs
Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Classic Easter Egg
Sorry for such a late post today! I played earlier but got pretty busy and forgot to blog about what happened. Nevertheless, let's get started. Cloudy skies again today, so I decided to leave my outfit in place since I still had my umbrella at the ready, and I just liked the outfit enough to look at it for another day.

The first villager I saw today was Lolly, and she came running over to me to tell me that she was planning on moving on the 19th. I immediately told her no.

View attachment 235146

Darn straight!

Right beside where Lolly and I were talking, Deirdre was home. This makes the third day in a row! I was a little worried she might be sick today, but upon seeing myself inside I saw that she was feeling just fine. She asked me to catch her a moth, even though it was the middle of daytime. I agreed to nab one if I saw it.

Moving on, I ran into Felicity walking down across the bridge behind her house. She was sniffling and didn't want to talk because she was sad. I immediately assumed that Becky was starting drama again, and though I never saw exactly who she was talking to, it was a likely suspicion as Becky was close by around her house. I found a lost book beside her house as well, and the search to find its owner was on.

At the end of my walk today I came to the forest and noticed that Colton wasn't home. I was excited to talk to him on his first official day in Storrs. But I couldn't find him anywhere! I noticed that Lloid was still up and asking for donations to the Face Cutout Standee project and realized I'd forgotten to pay that off yesterday. It was okay, though -- I never did find the QR code I wanted to use anyway. I went to see Isabelle about canceling donations and setting up a commission for a new suspension bridge, but apparently the job of saying "Project cancelled" and retrieving Lloid was much too demanding to help me with anything else. Tomorrow then.

At Re-Tail, I picked up the new golden item Cyrus had for me and, this time, it was actually an item I needed! Golden Closet, checked off my catalog. I found Buck in the plaza and asked him if he'd lost a book. Negative, but he did have a present he wanted me to deliver to Fang. I searched a while for him and found him around where I started, also in the plaza. I couldn't guess the contents of the box so I got no reward, but Fang was happy to receive the gift regardless. Oh, and it wasn't his book either.

While hitting up Main Street, I found my Colton perusing the shops.

View attachment 235147

He's just so stinkin' cute! Storrs hasn't had smug villager since Eugene, and that had to have been at least a year ago. It's nice to have a fresh personality around here. :) I just hope he gets acclimated quickly; It seems like he's going to be a lot like Fang when he first moved in, and stick to the shops for a while before he starts getting explorative. Interestingly, you can get the prompt to ask if someone has lost anything while on Main Street. And so the book did not belong to Colton either.

Lastly, after failing to find the owner of the forgotten book anywhere else in town, I thought I would confront Becky about the situation. The book was beside her house, after all. Turns out it was hers and she was happy to get it back. Wouldn't surprise me if it was actually Mitzi's, and she forgot to pack it when she left -- She was always losing books!

That's all I have to report today. We'll see about the new suspension bridge tomorrow and anything else I can do with what's left of the forest.

Attachments

• HNI_0098.JPG
    HNI_0098.JPG
    42.9 KB · Views: 18
  • HNI_0006.JPG
    HNI_0006.JPG
    36.2 KB · Views: 16
Back