• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Day 410 - Happy Horses

behth

Beth from Storrs
Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Classic Easter Egg
Good evening, everybody. It's time again for another update from Storrs. I played some last night after I'd already done my daily post, so I'll start with what happened then. I found Buck outside of Re-Tail and he asked me to buy his Foosball Table. The same Foosball Table I got him for his birthday. </3 He didn't even keep it very long. :( I told him no, I wasn't going to buy it, but I should eventually take it off his hands so I can send it back to him and he'll think it's a brand new item. After that I recalled that I was supposed to make a habit of purchasing T&T's fortune cookies every day, so I returned to the store to do that. I got fortunes #34 ("When all else fails, never forget to show them your moves.") and 36 ("Your friends need you. They always need you. They will never stop.") I couldn't guess what either of these prizes might be, but they ended up being a Blue Falcon and an Arwing. Neither of which I wanted for any purpose; I'm really just trying to get a Pikmin.

Now onto today. I threw on a more summery outfit since the weather was looking much better, and decided to try out my new Light Blue Cap (it has a dolphin on it!). I set off on my walk and found that Colton was home. I knocked on the door, and popped in on his currently ongoing birthday party. D: I had completely forgotten to buy him a present and it sneaked (snuck. It should be snuck) right up on me. I told Colton I had to take care of my mayoral duties and promised that I would be right back to partake of the festivities. I couldn't embarrass myself in front of my handsome new villager!

Carrying on, Fang ran up to me by the brick bridge. He told me his parents sent him a Candy Jar and it wasn't really his style, so he gave it to me. Chief was outside of his house and he ran up to me, too. He noticed the Paulownia Closet I ended up with (how I don't remember) and offered me his Red Tile for it. Thinking that it would actually look pretty nice in his house, and recalling all the times he's complimented mine in my house, I decided to let him have it.

I continued the rest of my walk unimpeded, sold my things, and went to do my routine shopping. I made sure to purchase the fortune cookies on my first trip to the stores today, and the first one I got was #29: "Never count your Yoshis before they hatch. Plans often change." I had a pretty good feeling this one was going to be the Yoshi Egg, and I was right. The next cookie had #24: "You only live once, unless you have another guy." 1-Up Mushroom? Ding ding ding.

Up on the second floor, Timmy didn't have a thing for sale that I wanted or needed. He did, however, have a Regal Wall Lamp for sale, which I thought would suffice well enough for a present for Colton. His favorite things are gorgeous, sporty, or beige, after all. I was not surprised when I discovered that information. And Colton's house is mostly made of Regal items, so this couldn't possibly be a bad choice.

After that was purchased and all wrapped up, I made a quick scan of Gracie's and the Abel Sisters and ran straight back to Colton's party, where he and Lolly were still having a ball. I gave Colton his gift, and how did he react? Less than impressed. I was quite shocked. Nevertheless, he was very appreciative and thanked me for giving him "an excuse to try something new." But...Regal is nothing new to you, Colton! Either way, I hope he at least displays it in his room.

View attachment 235195
View attachment 235196

Lastly, I went to plant my fertilizer with my red and white cosmos, and water all of my breeding flowers. I started using my silver watering can since I'm not having to water wilted flowers any more AND my breeding flowers are all planted diagonally as the silver can waters, so watering flowers only takes half the time that it did with the golden can.

By the end of the day, Buck was in his house. Since I hadn't seen him around all day I stopped in to see what he was up to. He asked me about the gold nugget I'd gotten from today's fake rock and I had to turn his offer down. He also complimented his favorite shirt, which made me happy. I only worked so hard to get one back to him, after all.

View attachment 235197

And that's all that happened in my town today. I wish Colton one last happy birthday and a long, happy life in Storrs. ^_^

Attachments

• HNI_0098.JPG
    HNI_0098.JPG
    34.9 KB · Views: 16
  • HNI_0099.JPG
    HNI_0099.JPG
    36.5 KB · Views: 15
  • HNI_0004.JPG
    HNI_0004.JPG
    37 KB · Views: 15
I knoww, he is so charming. <3
It's always good to have a random move-in be one you really like, haha.

Careful with all this attention Colton is getting... Buck might get jealous! XD

Seriously, though, he does seem like a very nice villager. I've noticed the smugs can either be very charming or very creepy, and fortunately Colton seems to be the first! :D

I know, I know. x) I'll make sure to spend a lot of quality time with my Buck.

Back