• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Day 420 - The Contagious Catchphrase

behth

Beth from Storrs
Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Classic Easter Egg
Good morning, folks! A little bit of stuff happened in Storrs today, so I'll get right into it for you all to see.

I went with a simple outfit today since I was feeling extra casual. I stayed with my silver shovel and can since I like them better and set out to begin my day. Another day, another Whitney waiting for me outside. :p I checked my mail before I spoke to her and she drifted off, but not far. I had a letter from Fang with my reward for digging up his time capsule yesterday, and a letter from Colton thanking me for hanging out at his place. Also a letter from the post office about my accrued interest, which reminded me that it was the first day of a new month!

I stashed my gifts in my pockets and went to hunt Whitney back down. She was just beside her house, and she asked me to get her a fruit.

View attachment 235383

Y'know...sometimes I just can't with my villagers. *facepalm*
I helped her nonetheless, and all the while she watched. I gave her the durian I shook down and she thanked me with a Gold-Armor Suit.

I set out on patrol in the usual direction that I prefer and saw that Storrs had another camper today! I had high hopes again, since I have room to invite people to move in now. But, alas, it was someone I wasn't too awfully interested in. Peck.

View attachment 235384

He was nice, but a total jock. There's only room for one jock in this town, I'm afraid! We played a game for his Game-Show Stand which I won for free and I left him to enjoy the sights of Storrs.

Shortly beyond that, Chief came running up to me beside Buck's house. What he said was music to my ears.

View attachment 235385

FINALLY. The first time you ever said it was one time too many.
So I was all too eager to help him out. I had him go back to saying his signature "harrumph", just because that fits him best.

There is someone else in town who boarded the "giddy-up" bandwagon, and that is Colton. And actually, I like the way it sounds when he says it. Oddly enough, because I hated it when I gave it to Buck. Funny how the catchphrases spread, huh? Anyway, Colton was who I saw after I spoke to Chief, and he told me he wanted something new for his room. Already missing his Patchwork Lamp, I guess. I was hoping T&T might be selling something nice today, but if not, I'll just wait to get his Regal Lamp off of him and give that to him.

Towards the end of my walk, I found another dig-spot beside one of my special stumps by the bonfire. And this time, I made sure to cover it up with my foot instead of my shovel. I planted a tree where I'd dug my stump up yesterday, so fingers crossed it grows into a special pattern.

After I'd had my fossils appraised, I went to sell them to Reese. While there, I picked up the Classic Table I had Cyrus refurbish with a Checkered Tee cloth for the Queen's castle, and made my way over to Lily's to drop it off. On the way, I noticed Lolly had gotten home since I passed by last. I stopped in to see how her room was coming along, and happily saw that she put out the Revolving Spice Rack and Blue Dresser I'd sent to her. One step closer to harmony, dear Lolly.

View attachment 235386

She talked about how good a friend Chief is and I found a Sleek Sideboard in her refrigerator. That sounds very odd when I put it into words. But she said it was going to be a gift for me, so she let me have it.

On my way up to Main Street, I found Chester. I spoke to him again (I WILL figure this bear out) and, again, he didn't have much to say whatsoever. Maybe I just don't understand him. The most suspicious thing he told me was that he was heading to his "supersecret fishing spot," and even that didn't sound all that suspicious.

Soon I made it to the shops and did my routine search of their selections. While I was buying the two daily fortune cookies, I noticed I was getting low on play coins. Hopefully I would get what I wanted soon! #33 was the only new fortune I found today: "Value the friends you have, for one day you may need them." For this I got a Pikmin! Exactly what I wanted! It must have heard me when I ranted yesterday. :rolleyes: The other cookie I got was for another Wii Balance Board.

Upstairs, I saw that Gracie had set out her summer collection! It's an awfully stylish furniture set and I plan on buying it all eventually, but I didn't feel like doing so today. A new line of clothing is for sale now too, and I just bought some Rainbow Plaid Shorts for my personal closet since they're so cute. I also bought some medicine for Felicity on my way out and a Fairy-Tale Dress from the Abel Sisters.

Back below the tracks, Chief came running up to me.

View attachment 235387

He asked me to return it to him, of course. But..he's right there. Easy job for me, I supposed. I handed it over to Colton and he was happy to get his U-R-Here Tee back, and I was happy that he didn't put it on. One should never wear a shirt with an arrow pointing straight down... Colton thanked me with a BB Tee and I told Chief everything went alright.

I finished up my day by delivering Felicity her medicine (I'm glad I remembered today!) and watering my breeding flowers.

Attachments

• HNI_0001.JPG
    HNI_0001.JPG
    44.8 KB · Views: 14
  • HNI_0003.JPG
    HNI_0003.JPG
    31.4 KB · Views: 14
  • HNI_0005.JPG
    HNI_0005.JPG
    40.3 KB · Views: 16
  • HNI_0008.JPG
    HNI_0008.JPG