• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Day 445 - Boys...

behth

Beth from Storrs
Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Classic Easter Egg
Another day, another blog. It was a cloudy day in Storrs today, like yesterday only without the rain. I'm saving the new outfit I'm excited to try out for a bright, sunny day, so I opted for another new dress that I noticed I hadn't worn yet.

Whitney was outside as I first exited my house, as usual. She told me she wanted to replace her Metal Guitar, and I was glad to finally hear that. Though "they" apparently used to call her "Metal Guitar Whitney," it doesn't make much sense in her house at all. Unfortunately I didn't see anything at T&T later I thought would be a nice replacement, so it would have to wait until another time for now.

Setting out on patrol, I made it into the forest and noticed that Colton was home. I spoke to him and all he had to say was "......" Surprised at the lack of words from my always articulate smooth-talker, I asked him what had happened.

View attachment 235580

D'aw, Colton. You've so obviously sealed yourself a permanent spot in Storrs, so of course we will. <3

Thinking the day couldn't get much better than that, I carried on with my duties. Buck came running over to me below the Station crossing and asked me what his eyes were telling me, as "eye contact is essential in the game of soccer." I told him I was seeing that he was thirsty, and he admitted that it was rather impressive I read his mind, though that had nothing to do with soccer. I spoke to him again and he wanted to set a time for me to visit his place. Eager to spend time with my best pal, I agreed to a date at 5 o'clock.

Now onto something that I think was probably the most significant chain of events today. I found Greta outside of her house and she wanted something delivered to Chief, that she had apparently borrowed feom him "long ago." She's only been here for four days, but okay. I found Chief and handed it over, for which he thanked me greatly.

View attachment 235581

Two pics in two days! I must be doing something right.
However, that would have been just an average exchange between villagers until I happened upon the two of them having a conversation a bit later. Greta seemed slightly off-put by Chief's sense of formality, saying that "Beth is right there."

View attachment 235582

Darn right I can, Greta. I'M the mayor, and HE'S my best friend.
Greta asked Chief what he was trying to say, and Chief paused for a moment before deciding he would just forget it and keep it to himself...and walked away.

View attachment 235583

My reaction indeed, Greta...
I certainly hope there's nothing going on between those two.

That aside, Felicity asked me to get her a fruit when she was standing right above the long line of apple trees right along the path to her house. I shook one down for her and she thanked me with a Fresh Tee. Crazy Redd had his tent set up in the plaza today and I took a moment to inspect his wares. The only item he had in stock that I didn't already have in the museum was an Amazing Painting. It looked legit to me (but I'm usually always wrong, even looking at a guide...), so that was the one that I ordered.

Before long, five o'clock rolled around and it was time to hang out with my Buckaroo. I was a minute or so early, but he was in his home eagerly anticipating my arrival.

View attachment 235584

As if I don't visit him all the time. :p
He talked a lot about all of his different shirts, and I eventually got him to sell me the Blue-Grid Tee. It was the least offensive of the three that he has. His house needs so much work, but I don't know where to start. After chilling on his sloppy sofa for a few minutes, I figured it was time to go and I told Buck that his place is awesome.

Greta was outside and I agreed to buy her Plum Bonsai off of her. I had Cyrus refurbish a new golden piece since my special rock gave off three golden nuggets (!) and a few sapphires today. I also ran into Felicity again and bought a Green Tie-Dye Tank from her since I was feeling so generous today.

Lastly, I turned down attending the completion ceremony for our new Face Cutout Standee. Unfortunately I thought I had seen a certain design for one I was planning on using, but apparently there was no such thing. So, again, I'm going to have to reconsider my plan and whether or not I'm going to keep the Log Bench.

And that's all for this 445th day of my adventures in Storrs. What will I do now? IS there anything going on between Greta and Chief? I certainly hope not. Stay tuned and maybe we'll find out.

Attachments

• HNI_0002.JPG
    HNI_0002.JPG
    36.5 KB · Views: 21
  • HNI_0007.JPG
    HNI_0007.JPG
    36.1 KB · Views: 21
  • HNI_0011.JPG
    HNI_0011.JPG
    32.2 KB · Views: 21
  • HNI_0012.JPG
    HNI_0012.JPG
    32.2 KB · Views: 25
  • HNI_0014.JPG
    HNI_0014.JPG
    38.5 KB · Views: 21
Aw, Colton is so sweet! It seems like he's really enjoying life in Storrs. :)

Congratulations on Chief's pic! Wow, you're getting them fast. The villagers have come to their senses!

I'm sorry about the face cutout standee too. I haven't put one in my town yet, but I'm thinking about it- as soon as I can come up with a nice spot!

It's so nice how you've come to love Colton so much. I wish him many more happy days in Storrs!

Chief and Greta would certainly make quite the odd couple. I'm not opposed to them being friends, but anything more than that would definitely be...strange. :)

Back