• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Day 447 - Minor Setbacks

behth

Beth from Storrs
Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Classic Easter Egg
'Twas another rainy Storrs. I may never get to try out my new outfit, will I? :p But I can't complain; I always enjoy a good rainy day. Nothing too awfully interesting happened today, but I can still share what did.

First of all, I was taking my daily stroll through town when Colton called out to me. I was eager to see what he wanted so I made right for him.

View attachment 235597

So sweet, right? (Also notice he's taken up Buck's catchphrase, which is likewise just as perfect for him.) He went on to ask if I would make a delivery to Fang, and I had to wonder if he only complimented me at the beginning for a favor in return...Nevertheless, I was moved to help him. All of my villagers should preface their requests with a sweet something that makes their mayor feel good. I do believe Colton meant it, though. :rolleyes:

I found Fang just a short way's below us and handed over the package. He wanted me to guess what was in it, and I went with my default 'clothing' hypothesis. I was right, and Fang let me have the contents of the box: A Blue-Check Shirt. It was a new addition to my catalog, but I thought it was just a little bit ungrateful of him to Colton.

Deirdre pinged again today, but not for another PWP. Go figure. She wanted to sell me her Misty Tank, and I agreed to do so. Anything for my little deer from whom I want something so very badly!

After my walk when I made it to Re-Tail, I happened upon Fang and Felicity mid-convo. Apparently Felicity wanted to know the secret to keeping your room clean, and Fang was giving her a rundown.

View attachment 235598

So simple. Or...maybe that explains why he's constantly cycling around his shirts with his plants. The mystery has been solved.
Felicity wanted to use a fitting figure of speech that denoted something along the lines of "I feel so great now that I know the answer," and asked me what it was that she couldn't think of. I wasn't sure, so I told her to ask Fang.

View attachment 235599

Fang then remarked that he could hear her and told her that she should look things up for herself sometimes. I admitted that was a good point, but Felicity went on about how Fang DID lecture her and walked away, thinking very hard about something. Hopefully she felt slightly more intellectual after that exchange.

After she got her thoughts sorted out, I spoke to her one-on-one. She wanted me to stop by her place later, and we agreed to a time of 12:30. I noticed Chester was home and thought I should stop in to talk to him again, regardless of how much money he tried (...and succeeded) to rip off of me yesterday. He asked me to get him a fruit and since that was a significantly less harmless task, I took it upon myself to help the lazy bear. He thanked me with a Comfy Sweater and I found an Exotic End Table in his cabinet before I saw myself out. His whole house is mainly Exotic themed...I don't know why he just had it stored away! So I put it up for sale in Re-Tail for him to hopefully buy back some day. He also has an Exotic Chest in there which he needs to take back too.

Deirdre was outside and I thought I would talk to her to see if there was anything I could do to woo..I mean FOR her. By the way, did I mention that she finally changed out of that hideous Flame Shirt? She's now wearing the 1959 Jonathan, our town mascot, design, which isn't very flattering either but anything is better than the travesty she was wearing. This time she asked me to catch her an ocean fish and I promptly ran home to grab my fishing rod. It wasn't long before I reeled in a Butterfly Fish, and she thanked me with a Pop-Up Book.

By this time, it was time for my date with Felicity. I noticed she had three shirts sitting out, none of which I really thought she needed to have. I got her to sell me her Gray Tartan Tee, probably the worst of all three. So by the time we chatted for a bit and I left, her house already looked 33% better.

View attachment 235600

She also has a Handcart waiting for her at Re-Tail. She put it up for sale a long time ago and I bought it to put back up for half price. I guess I don't spend enough time in there for certain villagers to come in and buy the things I have for them. x)

After that, I put my game away until this evening after it had gotten dark. A very nice gentleman offered me his vagabond Lolly, free of charge so long as she was going to a good home. I assured him that she would be indeed, but found out that you need to cycle through at least 16 different villagers before you can get one of yours back. So it looks like my dear Lolly's return is going to have to be on hold for a while yet. </3

But while this was transpiring, I ran into Buck. He wanted me to have his Eight-Ball Tee, which was promptly sent right back to him via letter. I was glad to finally get it back off of him after he replaced it in his house. It needs to be on display in his room at all times -- If he isn't going to wear it, that is. He included the comment "Just don't ask me where I get this stuff", as if I wasn't the very one who insisted that he have it in the first place. :p

After that, I noticed Chief was home and since I hadn't seen him anywhere besides Re-Tail all day, I was happy to go talk to him. I noticed that he displayed his Dapper Shirt in his house, which is nice since that looked so gosh darn good on him. He also had a Wrap Shirt sitting out...which I thought was rather redundant, considering he just put one on the other day. Why do you need to have two?

And that's all I have for another day in Storrs. How quickly will I be able to cycle through 16 villagers before the return of our dearest Lollykins? WILL we ever see the sun again? Stick with me and find out. :)

Attachments

• HNI_0046.JPG
    HNI_0046.JPG
    40.1 KB · Views: 536
  • HNI_0052.JPG
    HNI_0052.JPG
    40.3 KB · Views: 24
  • HNI_0054.JPG
    HNI_0054.JPG
    36.6 KB · Views: 25
  • HNI_0064.JPG
    HNI_0064.JPG
    34.7 KB · Views: 28
Good luck on getting the exotic things back in Chester's house! It's so annoying when you finally get them something to use, and then they replace it with a shirt or something. :c

I'm sorry about Lolly! I hope you get her back soon!

Best of luck cycling 16 villagers! I would never had the patience to do that if I lost one of my precious villagers. Thankfully, though, several of my villagers who I didn't really care for are buried in the void, which hasn't quite gotten 16 villagers in it yet. :p

Back