• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Day 448 - Oxymorons

behth

Beth from Storrs
Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Classic Easter Egg
Happy Saturday, everyone! Can you guess? That's right -- Yet another rainy day in Storrs. I'm running out of short sleeve umbrella outfits, but that's okay. Now I have to exercise my creative fashion muscles. Anyhow, on to more important things.

The first villager I ran into was Buck, and he wanted me to get him a perfect fruit. I did and he rewarded me with a Common Wall, which he said was "apparently" rare. Right.

Most of my walk through town was quiet, but I eventually ran into Greta. She ran over to me and asked me about my next haircut. I told her I would be going just slightly shorter than long, since it's long now and I need a bit cut off. She said that would be perfect for long or short dos, and I wasn't entirely sure how that would be possible. Then she said she wanted to visit my house some time later, and since she hadn't ever been to my place before, I agreed to 3 o'clock.

Just a moment after that, I found Deirdre and she wanted me to visit her place! She suggested 3 o'clock but since I had just made an appointment with Greta, I went with 3:10. I knew I had to be leaving for somewhere about that time, so I hoped I would be able to squeeze both visits in.

While we were talking, Chester wandered over and started talking to Deirdre after we were done.

View attachment 235601

She said she needed to look out for the guy who's 'practically her little brother.' Nice to know Chester has made at least one friend in town. I was very interested in what his answer would be also.

View attachment 235602

Deirdre complimented him for his "sweet taste," and we left it at that.
Chester wanted something new for his room, so I made sure to remember to grab his Exotic Chest out of Re-Tail when I swung by.

On my way there, I found Colton. I'd dug up the time capsule I buried for him beside his house, so I handed that over. There was a Bone Shirt inside, but my pockets were full so Colton said he would mail me a gift as thanks. That was probably best, since he would have most likely given me the shirt from the capsule.

After I sold all of my findings to Reese and picked up Chester's Exotic Chest (haha CHESTer...I just got it), I walked back outside to find him. Before I did, Deirdre pinged at me. She wanted to buy the common wall I was still carrying (for some reason) and I let her have it for free. I found Chester on the cobblestone bridge just beyond and handed him his new (old) furniture.

View attachment 235603

If he did, why didn't he just take it back home in the first place?
Nevertheless, this pleased him and he gave me a Satellite in return.

I had some time before my appointment with Greta so I went to Main Street for my routine shopping. Once I got to the second floor of T&T I was greeted with a pleasant surprise. They were selling a Polka-Dot Table!

View attachment 235604

That was the last and final item I needed for my Polka-Dot series, and I'd been lacking it for AGES. Now I just need to set it aside until I can get an amethyst to refurbish it with. Then I need to somehow get it to fit in my polka-dot room.

I went by Nook's to check on my HHA score, since I did some cleaning on my house yesterday. Basically I just took out any items that weren't conducive to the fairy tale theme. And by doing that, my score did not change at all. :p
I thought I needed to take out my tea party garden room, just for now, and replace it with another fairy tale series. I ordered all of the Regal items I had in my catalog, and I'll see what I can do with those tomorrow.

By then, it was time to clean my house a bit for Greta. I rearranged what was left of my main room to fill in the gaps of the stuff I took out, and before long there was a knock on the door. I gave her the full tour, and she really seemed to like my place. I was hoping there would be some gossip about Chief, though...Maybe there isn't anything between them at all.

View attachment 235605

Fortunately I was able to show Greta all of my house in under ten minutes, so there was a minute or two left to get to Deirdre's. I ended up being early because I would have to go very soon, but she was ready for me so it was okay. I got her to sell me her Blue Plaid Tee, and she talked about her fish and how close they made her feel to nature.

View attachment 235606

And that's where I called it a day. Tomorrow I'll have lots of interior decorating to do, and HOPEFULLY the sun will finally shine down on us. See you all then. :)

Attachments

• HNI_0073.JPG
    HNI_0073.JPG
    43.1 KB · Views: 15
  • HNI_0075.JPG
    HNI_0075.JPG
    41.2 KB · Views: 17
  • HNI_0084.JPG
    HNI_0084.JPG
    34.5 KB · Views: 15
  • HNI_0086.JPG
    HNI_0086.JPG
    33.7 KB · Views: 16
  • HNI_0088.JPG
    HNI_0088.JPG
    36.9 KB · Views: 15
  • HNI_0092.JPG
    HNI_0092.JPG
    32.9 KB · Views: 17
I love the pun you threw in there! And I'm glad you got the polka-dot table too. I really like how easy it is to customize that theme!

Back