• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Day 457 - Gossip Galore

behth

Beth from Storrs
Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Classic Easter Egg
Good evening, my friends! I let it get rather late before I posted, but better late than never. Lots of notable things happened in Storrs today, so I hope you enjoy reading about them. :)

First of all, a day in Storrs wouldn't be normal without Whitney being right outside as I emerged from my house. Today was no exception, and Whitney had apparently "heard" that my house is looking very nice right now. We're only next door neighbors and she's outside all the time, so I think she should have a better idea about that than just localized gossip. She said she had a date with some tomato brisque, so I agreed to have her over at one o'clock. That left me plenty of time to get on with the day's formalities.

I found Chief in the breeding cosmos behind the Plaza, and he told me that "something got left behind" when Deirdre was over to visit. It wouldn't be clothing, would it? Gah, it would probably be clothing. I took the package along with me and went on my way.

I'm really starting to notice that it's cicada season now. Having to listen to the constant whizzing and chirping echoing through all of town every day...I'm not sure how much longer I can put up with this! Without interruption, I made it to the business district and finally came up to Melba's new house!

View attachment 235701

It's so pretty! I love the pink and green, plus the grass fence makes it look most natural where she decided to put her place. I didn't have to do much landscaping at all; I just took up two flowers in the front and ran the path 1-tile wide up to her door. I introduced myself to her, of course and she is so sweet! I can't wait to get to know her better.

View attachment 235702

I love how her name is a shoutout to Melbourne, Australia. That can't be just a coincidence, right? :rolleyes: There's Canberra and Sydney too, come on.

Next, I found Buck at home. He asked me to catch him an ocean fish, but I thought he didn't really need another one since he still has the Horse Mackerel I caught for him a while ago. I was going to get him a new fish though, but I just remembered that I forgot. Oh well. :p

I found Deirdre in front of Greta's house, and we certainly had a lot to catch up on after her three days under the weather. First of all, she wanted me to buy her Moving Painting. I couldn't remember if we had one in the museum or not, but I accepted her offer anyway. Next she thanked me for taking such good care of her while she was sick.

View attachment 235703

Yay! I thought this was the first time I'd gotten her picture, but I recalled that I had one in my room already. And I knew it wasn't from April Fool's Day, since I muffed on Deirdre's that day. So she'd definitely given it to me before, but I was happy for another copy.

After that, I had to tell her about whatever she had left over at Chief's place. It was her shirt. *facepalm* At least I guess he can't be into Greta, right? No, but seriously. I know Chief far too well to believe in any of THOSE shenanigans. I hope. Anyhow, Deirdre said she'd already ordered another one and let me have the shirt. ...thanks.

Next up was Felicity. She wanted one of Storrs's good ol' peaches, and I ran to the trees below Re-Tail and picked one up for her. The reward for my hard work was a Saddle Fence.

I finished my patrol quickly after that and stopped to wait for a train to pass by before crossing over into Main Street. I took the painting to Blathers and it turned out to be a fake, but I had my fossils appraised and he was generally impressed with those so I didn't feel so bad. I also made sure to drop off my extra Fang's and Deirdre's pics in a display room before heading back to town.

I emptied my pockets to Reese, stopped at the basketball development center for a shower in the locker rooms, and did some special mayor stuff as there were still a few minutes before I had to meet up with Whitney. I commissioned a Flower Arch close to the Queen's castle and enacted the Bell Boom ordinance in favor of our Beautiful Town one. Hopefully I can farm some lucky clovers this time. Then I quickly watered my breeding flowers and headed home to wait for my visitor.

Before long, the clock chimed one and Whitney arrived. I showed her all of my rooms and picked up some juicy gossip about her and Colton.

View attachment 235704

I was pretty sure she said the exact same thing about Buck the last time she was over, so I just dismissed it.

View attachment 235705

But that, I couldn't ignore.
D'aw, does Whitney have a crush? I would think they might be cute together...but I would probably be pretty jealous.

All in all, I think Whitney enjoyed my upstairs the most. I've been collecting the stuffed bears in my princess room to boost my HHA score, and she made a lot of comments about my Mama and Baby Bears. I suppose she must still have a soft spot for her Baby Bear of old. Don't worry Whitney, I have yours all customized for you and up for sale at the store! Maybe I'll just mail it to her instead of wait.

That's it for today! Looks like a lot of drama could potentially be heating up in Storrs. Or maybe it's nothing at all. I hope you're as curious as I am to see what happens. (;

Attachments

• HNI_0037.JPG
    HNI_0037.JPG
    37 KB · Views: 12
  • HNI_0038.JPG
    HNI_0038.JPG
    33.7 KB · Views: 16
  • HNI_0041.JPG
    HNI_0041.JPG
    36 KB · Views: 12
  • HNI_0052.JPG
    HNI_0052.JPG
    33.6 KB · Views: 12
  • HNI_0053.JPG
    HNI_0053.JPG
    39.2 KB · Views: 12
Melba is adorable! It seems that Whitney is paying special attention to the horse villagers, heh. ;)

Congratulations on getting Deirdre's picture!

I never thought about how the koala villagers all have names that have to do with Australia. :eek: I can't believe I never noticed!

Good for you on getting Dierdre's picture twice as well c:

Back