• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Day 493 - Weathering the Storm

behth

Beth from Storrs
Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Classic Easter Egg
I awoke this morning to the pitter-patter of light rain. Finally, a break in the heat. And that would mean less work for me, not having to worry about watering my flowers. Nothing does them better than a natural watering, in my opinion. I thought I would still wear a t-shirt, but I made sure to grab some rain boots and an umbrella before I left the house.

View attachment 236011

Is it just me, or am I actually starting to look a little tan? :eek:
Also, as you can see, I had the new golden exterior installed yesterday! I don't like the windows all that much, but the golden trim is a very nice touch. The castle exterior doesn't have windows anyway, so it might be just perfect for the Red Queen's Castle.

After checking my mail and reading a letter from Deirdre, I set off about my daily duties. I found Colton on the bridge behind his house and he asked me how well I'm getting along with Cyrano. I've barely spoken to him since moved in, honestly. Colton said he felt like their relationship was just neutral, so I figured he was in the same boat that I am. That being: hoping that he leaves soon.

Abruptly after that conversation, I found Cyrano out and about behind his house. I spoke to him out of politeness, and his sweet cranky demeanor made me feel a little guilty. It's not that he's terrible, there just isn't room for another cranky in town! And besides, he put is house in a terrible spot. Nevertheless, I agreed to return something to Deirdre that she had apparently forgotten at his house. Nice to know that at least someone in town is making an effort to be friends with him.

Chief pinged me outside of his house (everyone's staying close to home today!) and told me he bought a Kiddie Carpet on a spur of the moment decision. He didn't really want it, so I agreed to buy it off of him for the friend points. I spoke to him again and he said that he wanted something new for his house to replace his Sunflower. I really like his Sunflower, but I figured I would buy him another tabletop plant if I found one that would suit his house.

Sooner or later, I found Deirdre...outside of her house. I handed her the package from Cyrano and she was happy to get her Vaulting Horse back. I guess they were exercising together? Regardless, she was thankful and gave me a Flowery Tee for my services.

As I was finishing up my search of the town, I found Melba. Surprisingly, quite a way's away from her house. I guess she was the only one of my villagers brave enough to weather the storm today! I talked to her, and she said she had pressed some red lilies in a book to make some decorations, but she mistook them for tea leaves the other day.

View attachment 236012

And she's telling me all of this right outside of Fang's house! Fortunately for her, Fang wasn't home. And don't worry Melba, my lips are sealed. :rolleyes:

After that interesting exchange, I headed up to main street to have the one lowly fossil I found today assessed. Seriously, I have no idea where the other three could have been hiding. I sold it and the other things I picked up along patrol and headed back north to check out the shops. Leif was selling a Moth Orchid, which I thought would be suitable enough as a replacement for Chief's Sunflower. I also made sure to purchase my obligatory fertilizer, a cedar sapling, and a holly start. Also, by the time I exited the store, the rain had stopped and the skies began clearing up.

View attachment 236014

As thanks, he gave me a Sandbag, which was new to my catalog.

Lastly, I finished off the day by planting my new saplings and watering my breeding flowers. Oh, and I made sure to hunt down Sahara whom Deirdre informed me was in town and patronize her for a new wallpaper and carpet.

View attachment 236015

A really good combination, I admit, just not right for my room. x)
And no, I haven't gotten around to restoring my house to the way it was before I accepted a HHA theme challenge. I'll do that as soon as I fully upgrade Lily's house, unlock the golden house parts, and return the furniture I want to keep in mine. I'm only two more loans away, so it should be soon.

Again, thanks to everyone for reading and we'll see you next time!

Attachments

• HNI_0025.JPG
    HNI_0025.JPG
    32 KB · Views: 172
  • HNI_0035.JPG
    HNI_0035.JPG
    33.3 KB · Views: 13
  • HNI_0037.JPG
    HNI_0037.JPG
    34.1 KB · Views: 14
  • HNI_0041.JPG
    HNI_0041.JPG
    37.6 KB · Views: 16
OMG your getting a tan what were you doing yesterday that triggered it LUCKYYYY I want one so badly..... Good luck on getting money to get the 2 more loans I'm still far far away but anyway good luck

Back