• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Day 499 - Signatures and Seeking

behth

Beth from Storrs
Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Classic Easter Egg
Good evening, folks! Before I get started with what happened in today in Storrs, a little bit happened yesterday evening. First of all, I did remember to catch a Black Bass for Buck. I hated that he would replace his Horse Mackerel (so perfect for a horse), but he thanked me with a Watermelon Shirt.

Next, Chief had a delivery for Melba. When I found her, she told me she wanted a new piece of furniture for her room! I'm getting to love when my villagers tell me that. I handed her the delivery and it was the Blue Bookcase she had apparently asked for. I hope she wouldn't be satisfied with that for her room. Then I ran to Re-Tail and picked up the Minimalist Ottoman I had been saving for Melba's house. She liked that very much and thanked me with a Ninja Sword.

Now onto today! I went about my patrol of the town in reverse again, just to shake things up. I found Fang at home, and he wanted signatures for his petition Scary Faces Are Still Faces. A little bit later, one of my friends came online and let me come over to collect some. Ironically, the first person that I asked had the scariest face of them all.

View attachment 236107

View attachment 236111

I also caught up with old Chester from Storrs and met a sweet Skye. ^^
I'd love to have her move in if she ever decides to leave my friend's town.

Back in Storrs, I handed the clipboard to Fang and he thanked me for my hard work with a Gas Pump, which was new for my catalog. Also, my fossil hunt today was incredibly easy. Interestingly enough, I found three of them right in a row.

View attachment 236108

Did something die in my rose garden or something? :p
The fourth one was right outside of my house, and that was like the first time in a long time I've actually found all four fossils in a day.

Melba was home, so I stopped in to see how she displayed the Minimalist Ottoman I had given her. She did exactly where I'd hoped, but she also put out the Blue Bookcase like I feared. Either way, it doesn't look too bad.

View attachment 236109

Shouldn't be anything I can't buy next time she has me over proper.

Outside of Melba's, I ran into Felicity and she wanted to trade her Astro Dresser for my newly acquired gold nugget. Horrible deal, so I declined. Colton pinged on the brick bridge and asked if I could catch him a banded dragonfly. I thought the chances of that were slim to none, so I had to turn him down. No worries, I'll make it up to him later. :rolleyes:

Then I found Cyrano and thought I should be neighborly and talk to him. He invited me over and I followed him to his house for the first time since he moved into town. I spent a few minutes admiring his decor but didn't think anything needed to go when he asked me if I would like to buy anything.

With that, my patrol was finished and I crossed the tracks to Main Street. Having Blathers assess my fossils and sold them to Reese, I went back to check out the shops. Since the end-of-the-season sale has been going on at Gracie's, I figured it was time to finally break down and start buying all of the Gracie items. I bought the four that she had for sale today and hopefully I can collect the rest before the season changes. Nook's Homes was also selling a Sweets Exterior today which I bought for Lily's house, so now all I need to find are a fence and a mailbox!

Lastly, Buck wanted to play hide-and-seek. He rounded up Melba and Colton and the timer started for ten minutes. I found Colton behind Melba's house and Melba behind Buck's house; it would have been a full circle had Buck not been just hiding behind a tree. Buck was sad to lose, of course, but I could tell that everyone had fun.

View attachment 236110

Colton looks a little tired there, but believe me, he enjoyed himself. :blush:

That's all for today, folks! I'll see y'all tomorrow and hopefully I'll have something special for Storrs's 500 day-versary. :)

Attachments

• HNI_0029.JPG
    HNI_0029.JPG
    46.9 KB · Views: 12
  • HNI_0017.JPG
    HNI_0017.JPG
    34.6 KB · Views: 13
  • HNI_0018.JPG
    HNI_0018.JPG
    37.1 KB · Views: 13
  • HNI_0027.JPG
    HNI_0027.JPG
    37.6 KB · Views: 12
  • HNI_0030.JPG
    HNI_0030.JPG
    34.7 KB · Views: 13
That's some luck with the fossils! If I ever find them close to each other, usually one is a pitfall seed. :p

I love how Whitney is photobombing that last screenshot, haha.

Aw, I'm glad you caught up with Chester! Usually villagers will move into my sisters' towns or far away, so it's nice when I can actually see them. :)

What luck with the fossils too! Sometimes I'll find three near each other, and even all four in one case. I love when it happens, even though it's rare!

Back