• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Day 503 - Happy Homes

behth

Beth from Storrs
Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Classic Easter Egg
Greetings, everyone! Welcome to today's rendition of Life in Storrs. Today's activities centered mainly around renovation, as of late, but a few other things happened as well.

As you know, today is Sunday and that means there will be yet another firework show this evening! Isabelle and Redd were set up early in the plaza today, but I'm not too excited for the event tonight. In my opinion, you see one firework show, you've seen 'em all. :p That also meant that none of my villagers were too awfully needy today, which left more time for me to work on my house.

Before I could do that, however, I had to make my obligatory rounds through town to search for any fossils or unwanted flowers. I ran into Chief, who wondered why I was carrying an umbrella, and I informed him that it is a parasol.

View attachment 236142

Shortly after, I happened upon Lily's brand new house! It's the same shape as Melba's, which is quite cute since she's so close by.

View attachment 236143

I quite like the yellow tulips I planted there yesterday, so I may go with those to plant alongside the path around her house. I may experiment with some bushes later on as well. All in all, I think her house looks nice. :) And of course I made sure to introduce myself to our new neighbor.

View attachment 236144

She's so cute, I just know she'll be a perfect fit in our town. ^^

Later, Cyrano wanted to buy my Astro Sofa for 984 bells. I didn't want it and likewise don't care about the condition of his house, so I agreed to sell it to him. By the way, the Astro Sofa was from Fang, who sent it along with a letter thanking me for having him over yesterday and apologizing for being so hard on my one empty room. He hoped the sofa would be a good contribution.

Also, there was lots of talk in town about our new neighbor! Buck had heard that someone had spotted someone new by the train station and was very disconcerted by how fast new houses can just pop up out of nowhere. Melba was excited to meet her, quite fittingly as they're going to live so close together.

View attachment 236145

After I finished searching all of the town, I had Blathers assess my fossils and sold all of my findings to Reese. Then I was free to check out the shops and get back to work on my house. On my way I ran into Whitney again, and this time she wanted something. Specifically, to give me her Makeup Case.

View attachment 236146

Okay, first of all... /I/ gave her that! And secondly, why is she so terribly upset with Colton?! It has to be something, if she's willing to go so far as to regift a gift from me TO me, and say it was from him. Like that doesn't even make sense. Colton hasn't said anything about Whitney lately, so maybe he's opted to forget everything and let Whitney be as dramatic as she wants to. Perhaps she just wants his attention.

Some time later, I had all of the furniture for my left wing refurbished and arranged in a pleasing fashion. Unfortunately it still needs a bit of work; I still need the wallpaper and a few decorations to top it off. I did, however, figure that my back room was as good as it was going to get, so I took a few pictures.

View attachment 236147

I thought I would keep my Regal set from my theme challenge, at least until I decide on another furniture series I really like. The regal series is one of my favorites, at least.

View attachment 236148

I'll probably add some other little things here and there as I come across them, but for now I'm satisfied with this. :)

Also, I would like opinions on something and shall reach out to my followers. I want to customize my green series (slight spoiler of my upstairs :rolleyes:) with some pink accents and have narrowed it down to these two shirts.

View attachment 236149

I'm leaning mostly towards the Gumdrop Tee (EDIT: Bubble-Gum Tee*), but I feel like the Candy Gingham Tee might also make a nice design. Just comment and tell me which you think would look best. c:

Lastly, I finally got to doing something that needed to be done for a very, very long time -- Updating my dream town! I'm still not completely confident in my town yet as I still have a lot of unfinished areas, but I figured today was as good a day as any. Mainly because it rained yesterday, so all of my flowers were perfectly pristine. Redd's tent messed up the tiles in my plaza, but I can always update again tomorrow. I never like to update my dream address when someone's in the plaza, just so there won't be a void in the pathway where the tent would normally be. Anyhow, despite that I think my town is looking very nice, so if you want to give my town a visit and see how I'm progressing a little more in-depth than I get on the blog, be my guest! My dream address is still 5900-4947-7510. :)

That's it for today's post; Until next time!

Attachments

• HNI_0072.JPG
    HNI_0072.JPG
    39.9 KB · Views: 16
  • HNI_0073.JPG
    HNI_0073.JPG
    27.6 KB · Views: 16
  • HNI_0074.JPG
    HNI_0074.JPG
    32 KB · Views: 17
  • HNI_0076.JPG
    HNI_0076.JPG
    33.7 KB · Views: 17
  • HNI_0083.JPG
    HNI_0083.JPG
    37.7 KB · Views: 17
  • HNI_0079.JPG
    HNI_0079.JPG
    36.9 KB · Views: 17
  • HNI_0077.JPG
    HNI_0077.JPG
    38.1 KB · Views: 15
  • HNI_0081.JPG
    HNI_0081.JPG
    24.7 KB · Views: 15
I agree with you about the Fireworks Show. I doubt I'll even have time to play Animal Crossing today, since school starts tomorrow. D:

Lily is so cute! I'm sure that she'll become fast friends with Melba.

Your house is awesome, as always. For the Green series, I think that the gumdrop tee would look nice! I also like the candy gingham tee, however, so maybe you should try experimenting with both before you decide? Just a suggestion!

I'll also be sure to check out your dream town soon!

Back