• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Day 579 - A Stitch in Time

behth

Beth from Storrs
Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Classic Easter Egg
Good evening, y'all! Busy day in Storrs today. Before anything else, I decided on a new outfit to wear. While I was rummaging in my wardrobe, there was a knock at the door and Chief came in.

View attachment 236499

He gave me a banana, which I ate, and changed my clothes once he left.

Heading out into the night, I found Whitney outside of our houses as usual. She told me she found something Deirdre had lost and asked if I would take it to her. I agreed, and set off through town in the opposite direction I usually do. I would pass by Deirdre's house sooner that way.

That said, Deirdre was conveniently at home. I handed over her package and she was pleased to see that it was her Blue Plaid Tee. She gave me a Waffle Tee as thanks, and I spoke to her again to see if she needed anything. She did, in fact, and asked me to catch her a cricket, since Buck had told her she looked like one and she wanted to make the comparison for herself. Since it was evening, I assumed there would be a good chance of finding one and agreed to catch one for her if I did so.

After I left Deirdre's, I found Felicity and she wanted me to get her a fruit. On my way to retrieve one, I found a cricket! That was easy.

View attachment 236500

I stopped to drop it off to Deirdre on my way to Whitney's durian tree (where one still lay from a couple days ago), and Deirdre thanked me with a Sundae Tank. When I took the durian to Felicity, she enjoyed it and gave me a No. 5 Tee in return. I only hoped she was rating my gift on a scale of 1-5. :rolleyes:

A little further along my walk through town, I found Chief at home and returned his surprise visit with a little surprise visit of my own.

View attachment 236501

He was happy to see me, and I found a Minimalist Bed in his dresser before continuing on my way.

Halfway through my patrol of town, I remembered to open the mail I'd gotten today. One was a letter from Chief, thanking me for hanging out with him yesterday, and another was a letter from my mom, reminding me to bundle up and keep warm. And what did she enclose? A Relay Tank.

View attachment 236502

Real helpful, mom.

In the forest, I found yet another mushroom, this time the dresser. Then I walked a little further along and came across yet another tent in the campsite! Today's camper, the adorable Stitches!

View attachment 236503

We played a game of What Did I Eat, which I aced all three rounds of. Unfortunately my prize wasn't a camper exclusive. Oh, and guess what? That's right. I decided that I would like Stitches to move to my town. I don't want him as a permie, but I know that someone out there would love to have him, if ever he decides to move away from Storrs. Besides, we could use a lazy in town right now! Buuut when he brought up the topic and I encouraged him to make the move, he said no. ): Apparently he had just moved into his town and wanted to stay a little longer. I left him at that, but I fully intended to go back to him later and soften him up. >: )

At Re-Tail, I picked up the Golden Screen Cyrus had made for me, and after checking out the shops, I talked to Isabelle about setting up our new Bus Stop!! Here's a sneak peek at the completed project.

View attachment 236504

Then I made my way back to Stitches. This time, he said he would leave his fate up to a game, and I agreed to play for the chance of him moving into town. The game he wanted to play was charades, and I rejoiced, since there is no element of chance related to that game. He acted out a nightmare for me, which I guessed correctly!

View attachment 236505

I'm looking forward to his arrival at some point over the next few days. :D

With that I called it a night, and I hope everyone out there has a great one! Until next time. Mayor Beth, signing off.

Attachments

• HNI_0028.JPG
    HNI_0028.JPG
    34.8 KB · Views: 219
  • HNI_0036.JPG
    HNI_0036.JPG
    32.2 KB · Views: 22
  • HNI_0040.JPG
    HNI_0040.JPG
    36.7 KB · Views: 23
  • HNI_0042.JPG
    HNI_0042.JPG
    30.1 KB · Views: 20
  • HNI_0045.JPG
    HNI_0045.JPG
    29.9 KB · Views: 21
  • HNI_0054.JPG
    HNI_0054.JPG
    33 KB · Views: 22
  • HNI_0057.JPG
    HNI_0057.JPG
    29.7 KB · Views: 23
I've finally managed to catch up on your posts! I apologize for being so inactive lately. :(

Anyways, it's awesome that Deirdre suggested the Bus Stop PWP at long last! I'm looking forward to seeing how that turns out, and how Stitches will fit in. Sparro moved in that exact same way (by playing a game), and he's been here ever since. It might be a good sign for Stitches' future! :)

Back