• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Days 369 & 370 - Operation: Original Outfits

behth

Beth from Storrs
Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Classic Easter Egg
Hi again! Sorry I didn't post yesterday. I was very busy all day and didn't play but a little, plus I was tired, so I thought I'd just combine yesterday's activities with today's blog.

So yesterday, it was late when I started my day off. As a result, I missed the entire fishing tourney. Ah well. Chip was standing outside his tent in the plaza, waiting for everyone to arrive for the award's ceremony. I was eager to find out which of my villagers took the top spots, but I had work to be done first. I set off in my usual direction and made sure to keep an extra eye out for any dig-spots in the dark.

Up on the suspension bridge, I found Wart Jr. He told me that he impulsively bought a Grape Tee, even though it isn't his kind of thing. I agreed to buy it off of him, just to make him happy. Then I found Buck over by his house, and he told me he was getting so impatient for the winners' announcement that he was about the storm the tent. Well he was going to have to wait until I was finished. :p

I found two fossils directly beside each other diagonally in front of the cafe, which I thought was interesting. Deirdre ran over to me on the cobblestone bridge near her house and told me she wanted the Grape Tee I'd just gotten. She told me that she had ordered one, but it turned out to be a fake. ...how? Is there a black market for designer clothes now, too?
Nevertheless, I allowed her to buy it off of me for less than I had paid Wart Jr. for it. Circle of life.

Lolly was just nearby, in front of the Castle. She told me that she was excited to hear the tourney's results too, and I noticed that she'd actually changed into the Natty Tee I'd sent her! :D Operation 30% complete!

I hurried through the rest of patrol, and thought I'd head on over to Chip's tent before I shopped or watered my hybrids. I was happy to see that, with an OUTSTANDING 3.5-inch bitterling, my best friend took home the gold.

View attachment 234896

I could have easily won a lot of prizes, but I was happier that two of my friends got a slice of the rewards.

After the ceremony was over, I watered my hybrids and checked the shops. I noticed that a few of my friends were home, too, and stopped in on them to see if they did anything with the shirts that I sent them. To my elation, they all had their original shirts in their rooms.

View attachment 234897
Fang has his Icy Sweater. Unfortunately this meant that he did a bit of rearranging, so it appeared he ended up putting his other shirt next to his plant, where he originally had another plant. I really liked the two plants behind his bed like that. Maybe I can get him to change it back somehow.

View attachment 234898
Felicity had her Dapper Shirt. I don't have the Tee in my catalog, unfortunately, but I shall send her one if I can get it before she decides to move.

View attachment 234900
And, lastly, Mitzi had displayed her Gumdrop Tee. 6/10 villagers down!

Today I emerged to cloudy skies. I put on an outfit that I knew I had an umbrella to match, and grabbed the umbrella to take with me just in case it started raining. Outside, Whitney saw me and ran over. She told me she wanted to call me Bethers, too, which was fine. Lolly wanted to move, which I immediately talked her out of. Deirdre told me she heard a rumor that Buck once wrestled a bear, and won. She wondered if he'd done that with BEAR hands, and that got quite a chuckle out of me and Fang, who was listening nearby.

Here's a cute daytime picture I took of Lolly in her shirt.

View attachment 234901

I'd almost forgotten how adorable it is on her. It's been so long since she moved in and was wearing it.

Lastly, I noticed that Chief was home and checked in to see if he'd gotten his shirt. By the looks of it, he did.

View attachment 234899

On second thought, I should have gotten the Red Bar Tee, which I will order and send to him instead. Either he'll switch them out, or have two different kinds, which would be twice as awesome.

Now I just need to hunt down whatever Wart Jr.'s shirt is, and order a Noble Shirt for Becky, even though she only changed out of hers a couple of days ago. So far, so good!

Attachments

• HNI_0090.JPG
    HNI_0090.JPG
    29.8 KB · Views: 20
  • HNI_0093.JPG
    HNI_0093.JPG
    37.2 KB · Views: 20
  • HNI_0097.JPG
    HNI_0097.JPG
    39.9 KB · Views: 19
  • HNI_0094.JPG
    HNI_0094.JPG
    27 KB · Views: 18
  • HNI_0098.JPG
    HNI_0098.JPG
    32.8 KB · Views: 19
  • HNI_0007.JPG
    HNI_0007.JPG
    35.9 KB · Views: 20
Haha, it's quite humorous to hear that Buck won with a bitterling. I guess the competition must have been pretty close, so congratulations to him! ;)

The struggle of remodeling villager houses...I still need to give Midge a lovely wall clock, lovely bed, and possibly more. She's a bit stubborn with changing her interior.

Yeah, I think all of the winners were 3.something-inch bitterlings. x) How unoriginal.

It can be so hard to get some villagers to do anything with their houses. In my case, Lolly is the absolute worst. xD

Haha, Astrid actually had first place at one point in my town's Fishing Tourney with a 3-inch bitterling! Eugene beat her at the last second, but his entry wasn't much better: it was an 8-inch crucian carp! xD

Oh man, do not even get me started on villager house decorating. So many wasted Bells on buying items and mailing them back to their owners, only to have them either not put it out or put it someplace that looks absolutely TERRIBLE. If this game weren't so fun and addictive, I'd have been done long ago... :p

Aw, congratulations to Buck! I'm sure he was very happy to have won.

I need to start getting my villagers into new outfits. Between Anabelle's tropical tee (which does look nice on her) and the grape tee (if I find out who started circulating that, fur will fly), my villagers are looking a mess.

Indeed, Steven. It is such a hassle! I was also happy to hear that report about Eugene, even though he did beat Astrid. I hope that she isn't sore at him for beating her. It was a step in the right direction that they were forced to stand beside each other at the ceremony, if only for a moment.

Buck places just about every time, actually. He's a competitor. xD
Aw I like the Grape Tee! Though I'm sure it probably looks awful on some villagers, especially boys. d:

Rizzo has become quite attached to the grape tee. With his coloring and being so short, it is not a good look.

Back