• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Days 418 & 419 - Leaning Towers and Lazy Townsfolk

behth

Beth from Storrs
Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Classic Easter Egg
Well I skipped another day of posting, but it's okay because hardy anything went down yesterday anyway. :p Maybe two-day posts are going to become a frequent occurrence.

Day 418
Yesterday was rainy. That usually means the town is going to be quiet. Yesterday was no exception. I did have a camper in the campsite, though -- Stitches! I assume he was taking a little vacay from Hollowyn. We played several games of What Do I Want to Eat, and I played Guess What I Ate for his Backpack, which I half-won and could cross off my catalog. Stitches was very cute and I enjoyed chatting with him, but I didn't think I would want him in town all the time. I couldn't tear him away from Imbri, after all. But he's welcome to camp or come for coffee whenever his dear little heart desires!

View attachment 235368

Haha, I see what you did there Stitches!

The bulletin board informed me that T&T had a special Tower of Pisa for sale which I was very excited to go buy since I hadn't ever seen one before. Plus, it'd be a new addition to my foreign country museum room! But before I could hit the shops, I had to finish my obligatory search of the town.

By the cobblestone bridge, I found Lolly walking around with Chester, who was out of his house for the first time since moving in. She must have been showing our new neighbor around town. :')

View attachment 235369

(No, I still haven't cleaned up where Becky's house used to be. :rolleyes:)

I spoke to Lolly and she said she'd borrowed something from Deirdre a while ago, and felt it was too late to return it without embarrassment. I agreed to take it for her, as long as she apologized to Deirdre herself. I found Deirdre like, right there, and gave her the item back. Stepped over and told Lolly how it went and Lolly talked like Deirdre wasn't even there. But it was okay; I don't think Deirdre heard her anyhow.

View attachment 235370

Outside of Re-Tail, Chief came running over and gave me his Illusion Floor. The Illusion Floor he was ohso happy to receive from someone just the other day. He said a TV program recommended he give a gift to the first person he thought of, which was me. I must have been awfully special.

I took my fossils to the museum along with the Beautiful Statue I'd gotten in the mail from Redd just that morning. And to my delight, it was real! I'd had such terrible luck with the artworks lately, so that was good to hear. I sold my things to Reese, paid a visit to Katrina only because I want to unlock her shop for completion's sake, then went to T&T to buy my Tower of Pisa. Along with the two fortune cookies, of course. I got fortune #21 -- "He who wishes to grow big would be wise to eat his roughage" -- and was rewarded with a Super Mushroom, as I expected. The second was a repeat, and I got another Fire Bar.

The weather was much better today -- not a cloud in the sky. Whitney, as usual, was my first encounter of the day. Except this time, I ran into her BEFORE I left my house. She came by my house to visit while I was arranging my outfit for the day.

View attachment 235371

Yes, Whitney...YOUR (and my) neighborhood.
We chatted for a while and she gave me a Steamroller for my troubles. I hadn't had this in my catalog before, so I was grateful. She soon saw herself out and I started out the door.

I found Colton out across the river above his house, and wanted to schedule a time for me to visit his place. Since I was dying to get the Patchwork Lamp out of his house, and the time was relatively soon, I agreed to hang out with him at 3:30. The birdy was back on the bulletin board today and, again, T&T had announced that they had a Tower of Pisa in stock. That made mine feel a little less special.

I found Buck on the bench outside the station and he said he saved me a seat.

View attachment 235372

I found Lolly exactly where I did yesterday, and she gave me an Uncommon Shirt that she said made her think of me. I wasn't sure if that was a compliment.

Chester was just across the river by the Queen's castle, but he didn't have much to say. I'm still suspicious of him, but I'm beginning to think that nothing is going on in his head at all.

View attachment 235373

Felicity was home, so I stopped in to see what was up. And to my surprise, she was sick! ): I'm ashamed to admit I just realized that I forgot to buy her medicine...but I will go do that right away.

By the bonfire, I found a dig-spot in between two of my special stumps. While going to cover it up, I accidentally dug up one of the heart stumps. D: I suppose it wasn't so bad since there were two there and I kind of wanted one of different kinds, but still. It'll take me forever to get another one.

View attachment 235374

I found a time capsule beside Fang's house and concluded that it could only be his. I found him shortly after and he opened it to reveal a Deer Shirt and a note saying how he hoped he would look better in it when he got older. Fang said he didn't take the time-capsule thing seriously at all and said he would mail me something since my pockets were full. That was probably good, since he would have most likely given me the Deer Shirt, and I didn't want that anyway.

For some reason I didn't set my Tower of Pisa out until today and after some shuffling in the display room, I like the way it looks with the other items of its kind.

View attachment 235375

At T&T, I bought two more fortune cookies. #41 was the first, "Exercising is not a hobby. It is a lifestyle." I got a Wii Balance Board for that one, and the other was a repeat Blue Pikmin. The third one, actually. I would like the PLAIN Pikmin, please!!

Lastly, I bought a really pretty Princess Dress from the Abel Sisters', helped Lolly out of a pitfall, and met up with Colton at 3:30. He sold me his Patchwork Lamp, so now all I need to do is retrieve his Regal Lamp and get it back to him. I told him his house was great, and that was that.

Attachments

• HNI_0061.JPG
    HNI_0061.JPG
    32.3 KB · Views: 16
  • HNI_0065.JPG
    HNI_0065.JPG
    29.5 KB · Views: 18
  • HNI_0067.JPG
    HNI_0067.JPG
    38.4 KB · Views: 18
  • HNI_0077.JPG
    HNI_0077.JPG
    37 KB · Views: 15
  • HNI_0085.JPG
    HNI_0085.JPG
    44.9 KB · Views: 19
  • HNI_0087.JPG
    HNI_0087.JPG
    41.8 KB · Views: 16
  • HNI_0089.JPG
    HNI_0089.JPG
    43.6 KB · Views: 15
  • HNI_0093.JPG
    HNI_0093.JPG
    34.4 KB · Views: 15
Aw, so sorry about your stump! I remember I accidentally dug one up not long after getting my first two in my town. Took me forever to get another... And I don't like using the silver axe. I find it...cheap.

Wow, two of the same rare item back-to-back in the shops? I've never seen that! Very odd indeed...

Oh, I was wondering where my little bear cub had run off to. I'm glad he had a fun time camping with you. ;)

I'm not surprised that Lolly has taken Chester in hand to show him what Storrs is all about. If he keeps trying to open drawers with his feet, he's going to need someone to watch out for him!

I'm so sorry about your heart stump. I'm sure you'll get another, but you're right about them being difficult. Good luck with that.

Back