• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Days 477 - 479 - Having WiFi Withdrawals Pt. 2

behth

Beth from Storrs
Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Classic Easter Egg

Day 477

Tuesday was the day Whitney caught a cold. D: I made sure to take her a first dose of medicine. We also had a camper, who turned out to be Chrissy. She was rather cute and fun to talk to, but I didn’t suggest that she move into town. One of my friends has her anyway, I believe.

Colton again invited me over to his place, and Buck wanted to come over and see mine. I set a time with Buck about ten minutes after Colton so I would have plenty of time to hang out with both of them.

After all of that, I found Greta outside of her house and pushed her into a pitfall I’d buried in front of her door yesterday. :’D She was mad.

View attachment 235904

Fang wanted to trade his Super Toilet for my emerald.

View attachment 235905

…not hardly. But, I agreed to trade with him anyway since I actually needed that item for my catalog. The things we mayors do, eh?

I bought a new Rococo Table for my main room and did some reorganizing in hopes of raising my HHA score just a little bit more. While I was busy doing that, Deirdre stopped by for a surprise visit and I got a rather adorable picture.

View attachment 235906

Once she thanked me for my time and left, I got back to moving some things around.

Day 478

Tiffany was the camper of the day, and I wasn’t very interested in having her as a neighbor either, but we had a nice chat. Buck invited me over to his house and we set a time to meet up. Colton finally told me that he was over his Classic Desk (that I’d given him for his house a while ago and had looked perfect) and I was all too happy to buy it off of him. I put it up in Re-Tail for him to buy later, or for me to take down and give to him the next time he asks for furniture.

Likewise, Fang told me he wanted to replace his Sleek Sofa again. Hooray! I was very disappointed I hadn’t gotten the Classic Bookcase I’d ordered in time the last time he told me he wanted to replace it, so now was my chance for redemption. Except I’d mailed the bookcase to him already and hadn’t gotten his Classic Sofa yet that he sat the bookcase out in favor of. *sigh* Keeping my villagers’ houses in order is such a chore! I passed on the opportunity to help him that time.

I showed up to Buck’s house ten minutes early, but he was totally fine with that. There was nothing in his house I thought needed to go besides the Cow Skull, and he still wouldn’t sell that to me. So after a few minutes I told him his place looks great and went on my way.

Day 479

Today I emerged from my house to the sight of pouring rain. I was happy for some relief from the relentless heat that had been bearing down on Storrs, donned my raincoat and grabbed my umbrella. We had a camper again, despite the rainy weather. This time it was Rodeo, and I wondered for a moment if he wasn’t the source of the torrential downpour… He was rather ominous looking, but you can’t judge a book by its cover. He was actually a very nice bull.

I found a lost mitten in the forest behind Colton’s house, and later it turned out to be Melba’s. She thanked me with a Waffle Tee and I found an Elephant Slide in her dresser before I continued on with my day. Interestingly enough, I did a favor for someone else later and they thanked me with a Waffle Shirt. :p

I took Whitney her last dose of medicine, and was glad to hear she was feeling almost completely better. I can’t find out what’s gone down between her and Colton if she’s too sick to talk to me! Buck told me he wanted to leave town, and I quickly talked him out of it.

I finally got the perfect design for our new face-cutout standee, thanks to a lovely person on the forums and her amazing QR work. Thanks a bunch! So we held the ceremony for the new project despite the weather, mainly because I wanted to drag Isabelle out into the pouring rain.

View attachment 235907

I won’t expound much on this just yet, but I’ll definitely come back to it when I get all of the landscaping done around it! I also had Isabelle commission a metal bench just to the left of that spot, so hopefully it will be a nice addition too.

I thought I would go down to the beach to see if I could nab a Coelacanth in all this rain, but such was not the case. I did, however, run into a sleeping Gulliver on the shore, and he told me he was going to a country with Niagara Falls and plenty of glorious maple syrup. Canada, obviously.

View attachment 235908

I see what you did there, Gulliver. :rolleyes: Looking forward to a new souvenir!

And that's all of the updates I've missed from the weekend before we lost internet, up to today. Today's happenings will be in the next post, likely whenever we get our internet back. So everything from today through that point will be included in my next post. See you all then! Hopefully it will be soon. <3

Attachments

• HNI_0060.JPG
    HNI_0060.JPG
    26.1 KB · Views: 13
  • HNI_0063.JPG
    HNI_0063.JPG
    39.1 KB · Views: 14
  • HNI_0073.JPG
    HNI_0073.JPG
    37.5 KB · Views: 11
  • HNI_0004.JPG
    HNI_0004.JPG
    35.1 KB · Views: 14
  • HNI_0008.JPG
    HNI_0008.JPG
    30.7 KB · Views: 11
I'm sorry about Whitney! :c I love that picture of Greta jumping out of the pitfall though. It's easy to get lots of weird screenshots in a pitfall!

I love how Deirdre's picture fits into your main room! The colors work really well together. :blush:

I love the face cutout standee design too! I hope you get Internet quickly c:

Back