• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Days 480 & 481 - A Series of Unfortunate Events

behth

Beth from Storrs
Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Classic Easter Egg
Hello hello! Didn't expect to see me again so soon, did ya? Well we got our internet back yesterday evening, shortly after I posted. So, hooray! I feel alive again. With that, here's what happened yesterday and today in the wonderful world of Storrs.

Day 480

Pashmina had set up camp and was enjoying the scenery of our town. She was very adorable, but I didn't have her consider moving in. Colton was home and wanted to have a chat with Felicity, so I agreed to run her down for him. Buck was also home and wanted me to exercise and get him a cherry. Little did he know, there was a cherry already lying on the ground by its tree. So HA. I quickly retrieved it for him and he rewarded me with a Lazy-Susan Table.

After that, I found Felicity and led her back to Colton's house. All Colton wanted was to return something he'd borrowed from her, and she thanked him and abruptly left. He thanked me with a Six Lamp for my troubles, which was a new addition to my catalog. Colton sure seems to know what I need!

When I'd finished my daily duties, I headed over to Town Hall for some proper mayoral business. What, you ask? The ceremony for our new Metal Bench, of course.

View attachment 235913

I think we all had a much better (and drier) time with this one. :p

I did a few things later, after it had begun to get dark.

View attachment 235914

Ain't he the sweetest? I just may take him up on that offer.
After all, scary things do come out at night. :rolleyes:

In other nightly happenings, Greta "found" something Chief had lost. I agreed to return it to him, just because I owed it to Chief. Had it been the other way around, well...I probably would have done something different. Anyhow, I found Chief at home and handed over the package. It was a shirt. That he left at Greta's. Of course.

I decided to do some fishing, since Melba had asked me for a Nibblefish earlier and I couldn't turn her down. I never found one (and later realized after 4pm was too late), but I did catch an Angelfish, which I had apparently never seen before! New addition to the museum.

View attachment 235918

Day 481

First of all, I found Colton. He ran up to me and asked if I would buy his Scary Painting and, since our museum already has one, I had to decline. I spoke to him again, and this is what he said:

View attachment 235915

Facepalm. I simply cannot avoid this any longer, can I?
I guess I might as well accept the fact that my best friend is doing things with a terrifying rat menace, and get her out of town as soon as possible.

After that unfortunate discovery, I happened upon another.

View attachment 235916

I thought the tenth villager could only be invited, but evidently they can be voided as well. D; I had my best friend over for a visit yesterday, so I assume he came from her town. Cranky anteater, right? Not looking forward to that. AND he put his house in one of the worst spots possible. I'm CLEARLY in the process of beautifying the area behind it. And he took out two of Wart Jr.'s memorial mango trees. ):

However, just a little farther along my stroll through town, my seemingly bad day took a turn for the better. I ran into a wandering Phineas! Dang, I had just gotten a new badge a few days ago. I asked him what my new one could be, and apparently the angelfish I'd caught yesterday filled my fish encyclopedia to 80%, which qualifies me for the Fish Encyclopedia badge!

View attachment 235917

Lastly, Felicity wanted something new for her room, that happens to be the same size as her Exotic End Table. Perfect! I ran to Re-Tail and took down the Handcart I'd been saving to give back to her. She was extremely pleased with this and thanked me with a Pipe Organ, which was first for my catalog. Double bonus.

And that's all I have for today. I'm excited to be able to blog tomorrow and hopefully get back into the daily routine! Tomorrow, I'll talk about what I'm doing with the little area in front of the Station, although I'll probably have to do a lot of changing around Cyrano's new house. Nevertheless, I think it should be easily worked around. See ya then! :)

Attachments

• HNI_0017.JPG
    HNI_0017.JPG
    44.8 KB · Views: 15
  • HNI_0018.JPG
    HNI_0018.JPG
    35.9 KB · Views: 13
  • HNI_0027.JPG
    HNI_0027.JPG
    37.6 KB · Views: 14
  • HNI_0029.JPG
    HNI_0029.JPG
    39.4 KB · Views: 14
  • HNI_0031.JPG
    HNI_0031.JPG
    35.5 KB · Views: 13
  • HNI_0022.JPG
    HNI_0022.JPG
    29.1 KB · Views: 14
I love the placement of the metal bench! It looks so nice.

You must've gotten a new badge because of that angelfish. One catch can make all the difference! :D

It's too bad that Cyrano had to move in as well. Hopefully things will get sorted out!

Glad to see you back to regular posting! I myself still have a lot to catch up on, and I plan to get several entries in today (I start my new job on Monday! Eek!)

Yeah, unfortunately a 10th villager can arrive via the void. It's happened to me at least three times (Gigi, Olivia, and now Al)... :(

I love the placement of your bench! It's in the perfect spot c: And I have sunglasses exactly like those irl, haha.

Colton is so sweet! You both seem quite fond of each other:blush:

Back