• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Days 494 & 495 - Of Houses and the Bug-Off

behth

Beth from Storrs
Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Classic Easter Egg
Happy Saturday, everyone! I have no idea why this posted before I was done, and two times at that. -.- So if this hasn't been partially spoiled for you already, let's go. For real this time.

Day 494

I admired my new Arched Golden Door and tried out a new outfit.

View attachment 236053

I like the door, but as for the Red Queen's Castle, I think the Imperial Door will look better.

Colton was home and I was very happy to see that he set out the golden roses that I gave him. And while I was there, he gave me the Metronome he had replaced.

View attachment 236056

Melba was also at home and gave me a Fan Palm, just because. I thought that might actually look rather nice in her room, but I have a couple of items already saved for when she asks for new furniture so I sold it instead.

Deirdre asked me if I had anything that she could replace her Zipper Tank with, and I was glad to hear she was ready to get rid of that. I checked Re-Tail and found the Wooden Box I was saving to give back to her, which she was very pleased to receive. My reward was a Robo-Bed.

Fang asked if he could come over to visit and I had him over and gave him the grand tour on the spot. Before I left, I made sure to grab my axe to cut down a couple trees that had grown in the spots where I'm hoping for special stumps. And, lo and behold, I got one!

View attachment 236058

And with that, I finally have all of the special stumps I needed for around the bonfire! Granted, they're only two different patterns, but I'll take whatever I can get at this point. I'm not even sure if I want to keep the bonfire there permanently anyway. But that's something for way on down the road.

Buck wanted me to do another fruit-shaking exercise, this time for an orange. But little did he know, again, that I already had said fruit shaken off the tree. I picked up an orange from beside Fang's house, took it to him, and got a Soda Fountain in return.

Day 495

Today was the Bug-Off! And lovely weather to boot. This time, I got to examine my new golden fence, and this is probably my favorite of the bonus house parts yet.

View attachment 236059

Before I could participate in any of the festivities (or not), I had my daily duties to accomplish first. Next door, I noticed Whitney was home and paid her a visit. I saw she replaced the Baby Bear that I had customized especially to give back to her with a fish. -_- WHY CAN'T YOU JUST REPLACE THE STUPID DHARMA BESIDE OF IT?! I might as well just accept the fact that isn't ever going to happen, I guess. Nevertheless, she gave me a Green Warm-Up Jacket for free, which was a new addition to my catalog.

Out and about, all of my villagers were talking about the Bug-Off and giving me their respective outlooks.

View attachment 236060

Deirdre went on to say that if said someone gets your bug, not to let it get'cha upset and carry on.

View attachment 236061

Melba was just cute.

View attachment 236062

Buck, competitive as always.

View attachment 236063

Fang, the tactile hunter.

View attachment 236064

And Colton, being sensible.

After I finished patrol and started running toward Main Street, I noticed that I was having an off day and was tripping a lot. Normally I just deal with it and walk, but since I have a Lovely Phone now, I thought I would see if I could fix the problem. And so I could; all I needed was a t-shirt. I needed to change my outfit entirely, and went with something that seemed a little appropriate for the Bug-Off: My Frog Tee. (Bug/Fish..it's all wildlife.)

At Re-Tail, I picked up the golden item Cyrus had for me today, since a fake rock wrought me a third gold nugget yesterday. And hurrah! Golden Dresser! That was the final golden item I needed for my catalog. After that, I caught a giant cicada and took it over to Nat.

View attachment 236065

And that was going to have to be good enough for me. Didn't feel like hunting for bugs any more today.

Lastly, I did a little -- no, a lot -- of work on the Red Queen's Castle with Lily. First of all, I got the final expansion to the second floor, paid the loan, and with that, Lily's house is 100% upgraded and paid off! Come tomorrow, I should be able to talk to Lyle about theme challenges, right? So I thought I would get a head start on that today. I emptied out four of the rooms in my house and transferred all of the furniture over to Lily. So right now, her house is on the way to becoming an exact replica of mine. xD Anyway, I should have all of the special house parts unlocked within a day hopefully, and then I can get it and my house back in order the way I like them.

And that's all for today's part; sorry it was so hectic with the fake posts beforehand! Come back tomorrow to see the winners of this month's Bug-Off, any HHA progress on Lily's house, and any other shenanigans that go down in our hometown. See ya!

Attachments

• HNI_0042.JPG
    HNI_0042.JPG
    35.6 KB · Views: 93
  • HNI_0044.JPG
    HNI_0044.JPG
    38.6 KB · Views: 13
  • HNI_0051.JPG
    HNI_0051.JPG
    43.9 KB · Views: 14
  • HNI_0056.JPG
    HNI_0056.JPG
    34.7 KB · Views: 14
  • HNI_0058.JPG
    HNI_0058.JPG
    39.2 KB · Views: 13
  • HNI_0059.JPG
    HNI_0059.JPG
    43.1 KB · Views: 14
  • HNI_0060.JPG
    HNI_0060.JPG
    37.9 KB · Views: 13
  • HNI_0061.JPG
    HNI_0061.JPG
    39.2 KB · Views: 14
  • HNI_0064.JPG
    HNI_0064.JPG
    44.5 KB · Views: 14
  • HNI_0067.JPG
    HNI_0067.JPG
    36.6 KB · Views: 13
Congrats on getting your special tree stump! I love when they appear the first time. What's annoying is when you chop a tree that's in a horrible spot, and it reveals a perfectly good design. :c

Your house looks great too!

Back