• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Days 580 - 586 - No Title Sad Enough

behth

Beth from Storrs
Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Classic Easter Egg
Hi everyone, we're alive over here. Mostly. I apologize greatly for not updating the blog over the past week! Basically, something happened that made me not want to play any more. But I persevered. More on that later. Anyway, let's get into this.

Day 580

Sunday, Whitney wanted to play hide-and-seek. I found her, Fang, and Buck in no time to win a Ranch Armchair. Fang asked me for a fruit and gave me a Modern Wall as thanks. Melba wanted to come visit, and I had her over.

View attachment 236519

I found a Mush Stool in the forest and dug up a time capsule beside of Colton's house. Inside was a Hibachi, which he let me have. He also convinced me to trade my emerald for his Tropical Tee. Lily had something Colton had left at her house which turned out to be his Red Jacket and he thanked me with a Trunk.

Lastly, I stopped by the Town Hall to start the completion ceremony for our new bus stop.

View attachment 236520

Day 581

Monday, Whitney gave me a Table Lamp for always putting up with her, despite how fussy she can be. Colton asked me for fruit and thanked me with a Hopscotch Floor. I found a Mush Hanger across the river from the forest and eventually came upon the plot of land reserved for our newest resident's home.

View attachment 236521

He took out Chief's two pine trees which were probably the only original trees left in town from the day I moved in, but I had to admit that he couldn't have picked a better spot. Right flush against the path and everything.

Chief had something he wanted to return to Fang, and Buck told me he wished he was better friends with Colton, despite them being the best possible bros in the world.

Day 582

Tuesday, Isabelle informed me that Buck, my best friend, would be leaving town the next day. PANICKING, I shut my game off, ejected the card, and set the date back to the previous day in hopes to save him. Instead, I loaded up and his house was gone.

I didn't even get to say goodbye.

And what makes it WORSE is that I talked to him EVERY day. And he never said a thing to me about moving. I never had one chance to stop him, which is incredibly unfair. Even worse than that, Buck was one of two of my original villagers from over a year ago when I first moved in to town. Little by little, I'm witnessing our town's heritage fade away...

View attachment 236522

I'll never forget you, best friend.
(ft. Melba, moving at light-speed)

Anyway, back to Tuesday. Melba wanted a fruit and thanked me with a Raglan Shirt. Fang asked me to bury a time capsule, and I traded the Raglan Shirt to Whitney for her Pink Tartan Shirt. I traded Chief a Scarecrow for his Fern Shirt, rationalizing that although it won't match his decor, it would be acceptable for a seasonal decoration.

Day 583

From Wednesday on, it's been really hard for me to play. I came across a camping Gladys, found a Mush Closet in the forest, and welcomed Stitches to town.

View attachment 236523

I discovered that my Felicity caught a cold and made sure to take her a dose of medicine.

Day 584

I had a bit of good development Thursday: Whitney wanted to replace her Giant Dharma! I made sure to find something new for her, no matter what it was. That godforsaken potato head had to go. Found a Mush Closet -- can you guess? -- by the forest, and stopped by Colton's to find him hanging out with our newest neighbor. For some reason, he wanted to keep it a secret.

View attachment 236525

I checked the bulletin board and got the first notice of snow flurries and colder weather. I'm kind of looking forward to it. At least it'll mean I won't have to look at this ugly burnt orange any more.

I took Chief a cherry in exchange for a Volleyball Net, which Fang later wanted to buy. Melba had a present for Fang, which turned out to be some clothes, which I guessed correctly. Fang gave me his pic in return.

I took Felicity her second dose of medicine and likewise bought an Aroma Pot for Whitney which she loved, and she gave me the Giant Dharma as thanks, which I immediately took and deposited in the garbage can. Oh, and I found Stitches at home. His house is adorable.

View attachment 236524

Day 585

Today, I decided to change my outfit because I was sick of looking at the other one that brought bad memories. Fang came over while I was sorting through my closet, but fortunately he didn't stay long. Chief had something Fang had left at his place and Lily wanted a new piece of furniture. I found a lost mitten below the cafe and took Deirdre's Wooden Stool off her hands.

I found out the glove belonged to Fang, and he thanked me with an Elephant Shirt for finding it for him. Ironic, I thought, since elephants never forget... Then I gave him the Sleek Side Table he'd left at Chief's house, and he thanked me again by letting me have it for free. I took down Lily's Frog Chair from Re-Tail and gave it to her in exchange for a Complex Machine.

I finished my day by taking Felicity her last dose of medicine and making sure to water the flowers I want to see breed.

That does it for this part, sorry it was so long and depressing. I will miss Buck very, very dearly. He was my first friend in my first Animal Crossing game, and he was my first friend in Storrs. I hope he finds home wherever he goes, and I'll always remember to hold on to my friends a little tighter.

Attachments

• HNI_0065.JPG
    HNI_0065.JPG
    36.4 KB · Views: 20
  • HNI_0076.JPG
    HNI_0076.JPG
    37.7 KB · Views: 22
  • HNI_0085.JPG
    HNI_0085.JPG
    33.1 KB · Views: 23
  • HNI_0095.JPG
    HNI_0095.JPG
    24.6 KB · Views: 22
  • HNI_0099.JPG
    HNI_0099.JPG
    39 KB · Views: 21
  • HNI_0020.JPG
    HNI_0020.JPG
    36.7 KB · Views: 22
  • HNI_0011.JPG
    HNI_0011.JPG
    34.2 KB · Views: 22
I'm so sorry to hear about Buck! Even I was shocked when I read that he moved. You'd think that TTing would work. :(

I love Melba's appearance in that photo! Hopefully you'll be able to get Buck back in Storrs one day.

RIP Buck we will miss you :(
I also love that pic, she sort of looked like Voldemort in HP and the Order of the Phoenix :lemon:

This is terrible news to come back to! I'm so so SOOOOOOOOO sorry that Buck moved out on you without even saying anything...I know I'd be devastated if one of my favorite villagers moved out on me from under my nose. I really, REALLY hope you can get him back in Storrs one day! :(

Back