PaJami

Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
October Birthstone (Opal)
September Birthstone (Sapphire)
Silver Mailbox
Hello there everyone! Yesterday, I finally picked myself up a Dazzle DVD Recorder with intentions to record video game footage. Unfortunately, I failed to realize that video game recording isn't its initial purpose... And I needed more products to do so. With much investigation, I figured out that, with the help of RCA splitters, I can record footage from my Xbox 360 and Wii... But here's my problem. My Playstation 3 has an HDMI cable in it, and the Dazzle doesn't have a plugin for HDMI. My guess is that the Dazzle is outdated compared to the new PS3. So basically, my question for you is can I record footage from my Playstation 3 using my Dazzle? Is there, like, some sort of splitter with an HDMI input on one side and RCA cables on the other (redundant as that may be)? I also have a DVD recorder, but it's pretty much the same issue. Any help would be greatly appreciated, even if it means telling me it's impossible :p Sorry if this is hard to follow, and thanks in advance for any help! If you have any further questions regarding clarity or whatnot, feel free to ask!

I'd say that you would need to buy the component cable.
However, I was under the impression that the Dazzle doesn't work with PS3s, I wouldn't know for sure though so don't quote me on that.
With that said however, Dazzle's do not record in HD. (not the dvd recorded model at least)

Sorry if this isn't that helpful.

I'd say that you would need to buy the component cable.
However, I was under the impression that the Dazzle doesn't work with PS3s, I wouldn't know for sure though so don't quote me on that.
With that said however, Dazzle's do not record in HD. (not the dvd recorded model at least)

Sorry if this isn't that helpful.

Yeah, I didn't think they would work. Oh well, thanks anyway. I can at least use it for Wii and perhaps Xbox haha.

erm.. didn't your ps3 come with Y/W/R (component, i guess?) cables? did you throw those away, or are they still laying around, somewhere?

i haven't heard of any kinda hdmi splitter.. but it's possible that they exist, i guess.. just probably bad quality, imo

Back