• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Different types of trees?

Dustbunnii

Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
This might be old news but (and I apologize if it is)...
I was looking at the images at the bottom of this page and couldn't help but notice something....

these trees....
500x_3ds_acrossing_00sshw_e3.jpg

are different from these trees...
tumblr_mcjj16jb9K1rjj7a5o6_250.jpg

So did they just scrap the "new" look for the trees early on, or are there different types of trees available? The first pic is the only pic on that page with the other look for the trees.

The flowers look different too.
I have pansies in my town and they don't look anything like those.

I think all of that has been scrapped. I haven't seen trees that look like the ones in the picture either.

That first picture is quite old, most likely from the early developmental part of the game. They most likely just changed the design of trees later on or that early model was perhaps just a place holder until they finished the actual model they planned to use. Either way, no different tree models apart from the huge town plaza tree and coconut/banana trees.

those were the very first screen shots of the game from about 2 or 3 years ago. They've redesigned them..

I made a thread about this, it's called "changes over the years of AC3DS" or something like that

those were the very first screen shots of the game from about 2 or 3 years ago. They've redesigned them..

I made a thread about this, it's called "changes over the years of AC3DS" or something like that

ah :O I didn't know it existed.

I knew that the screenshots were old ones, but I didn't know if they were still in the game, giving people yet another customizable aspect in the game.
Now I know that they are not

Hmm I liked the look of the trees they had going at the beginning of development. The trees they have now though is pretty good too.

Last edited:
Back