• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Competitive [THIS WEEKEND!] Discord Gaming Trivia

Justin

Nefarious did this.
Staff
Administrator
Bells
Sautéed Mushrooms
Spores
Switch
4135-9919-0984
The Bell Tree Fair 2024 Patch
The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 Patch
Camp Bell Tree 2023 Patch
The Bell Tree Fair 2022 Patch
Camp Bell Tree 2021 Patch
The Bell Tree Fair 2020 Patch
The Bell Tree Fair 2017 Patch
The Bell Tree Fair 2016 Patch
The Bell Tree Fair 2014 Patch
The Bell Tree Fair 2013 Patch
DiscordTrivia-3.png

Think you know everything there is know about Animal Crossing and other Nintendo video games? Can you recite even faster than everyone else? This is your chance to earn points for your team with deep gaming knowledge in our Discord server's trivia event!

🎮 How To Play 🎮

To participate in Discord Gaming Trivia, join our official TBT Discord Server at the scheduled times and navigate to the #tbtwc-trivia channel! Note that to participate, you must link your Discord account to TBT and sync your accounts, so that we can easily identify you. You will receive your team's colour when your account is properly linked.

During this event, we'll be hosting two different sessions of gaming themed trivia questions. The first session will focus on Animal Crossing and the second session will focus on other Nintendo games. We expect each session to require about 30 minutes of your time.

Once the session begins about 5 minutes after the posted time, a Discord bot will start to post trivia questions. Each question will have an assortment of multiple-choice buttons underneath that you can click or tap to select your desired answer. After a very short timer, usually between 8 to 12 seconds, the question will close to answers and the correct answer will be revealed. Importantly, your score will be impacted by how quickly you select an answer. Between each question, there will be a pause for everyone to discuss the answer and boast or cry about their results.

If this is all confusing to you, don't worry -- the first question of the session will act as a introduction with an extremely long timer and obvious answer that awards very few points! This will allow you to test out how to play before the real fun begins.

🎮 Schedule 🎮

There will be two sessions of Discord Gaming Trivia hosted during The Bell Tree World Championships 2024 that are currently scheduled for:
  • Nintendo Trivia on Saturday, June 1st at 6PM EDT
  • Animal Crossing Trivia on Sunday, June 2nd at 11AM EDT
We have considered time zones when selecting these sessions in an attempt to be friendly to as many users as possible, but recognize some will still be unable to attend. I'm sorry to anyone who will miss out!

🎮 Points 🎮

ActivityPoints
Participating in a Discord Trivia session5
Coming in fourth place in a Discord Trivia session10
Coming in third place in a Discord Trivia session20
Coming in second place in a Discord Trivia session25
Coming in first place in a Discord Trivia session30

Participation is defined as answering at least one question correctly within the timer, excluding the first test question. You do not need to be the first to answer. Participation points are additive to winner points.

🎮 Rules & Guidelines 🎮

• A link between your Discord and TBT accounts is required to access the trivia channel in Discord. If you have the purple-coloured TBTer role and can post messages in #tbtwc channels, then you are already good to go!
  • Each session will begin about 5 minutes after the posted time and have been designed to last approximately 25 minutes from then.
  • Please remain respectful, appropriate, and do not excessively spam the chat. We will be happy to kick or ban you for the duration of the event if we warn you to stop and you continue.
  • Each question will award points to all participants who select the correct answer within the time limit, with the amount of points depending on your speed.
  • The bot will post a scoreboard at the end, however final winners are always subject to change if any errors are made or auditing is required. The official winners will be posted in this thread when confirmed.

Last edited:
My sincere apologies everyone for the mishap today! Believe me, I'm just as frustrated as you are, it bothers me a lot when something like this happens -- I don't like disrespecting your time and really try to avoid this from happening. We are distributing 3 Points to everyone who showed up in the chat today.

In the interest of fairness to keep the same date and time dynamics for various locations, I think the best option is to reschedule to the same time next week, so the rescheduled session of Animal Crossing Trivia will take place on Sunday, June 2nd at 11AM EDT. Yes, this does mean we will have a double feature trivia with two sessions within 15 hours of each other... but oh well, it's a super trivia weekend to close out TBTWC I guess!

It's alright! These things happen. 😌
I did have a follow up question. For the people that were in the chat, but hadn't said anything still be eligible for the 3 points? I was in there but didn't think to say anything as the session didn't start. No biggy if not. Thanks!

Believe me, I'm just as frustrated as you are

hey, I can't speak for everyone, but to clarify, I was never frustrated

if anything, I was amused

It's alright! These things happen. 😌
I did have a follow up question. For the people that were in the chat, but hadn't said anything still be eligible for the 3 points? I was in there but didn't think to say anything as the session didn't start. No biggy if not. Thanks!

sadly, I'm pretty sure there isn't a way to see who was online in the past without them making posts. much less an ability to confirm/deny someone lurking in specific channels

^Also in the "it was funny, not frustrating" camp.

Though I'm also a little worried if I'm being honest—I'm really grateful for all the hard work that's going into setting up this event for us to have fun playing together, but I don't want anyone on staff making themselves sick over it either ;u; All of you, please take care of your health!

i would like to join this if there is room.

in case you missed the first, there's no room capacity. just gotta be in the discord and have your account linked to your tbt profile. then head to the trivia channel at the designated time to participate

The results for both sessions of Discord Gaming Trivia are here -- it's a clean sweep for the green and blue teams!

Nintendo Trivia

1st Place:
30 Points
2nd Place:
25 Points
3rd Place:
20 Points
4th Place:
10 Points
@Rio_
Yoshi's Islanders
@VillageDweller
Squirtle Squad
@Emolga59
Squirtle Squad
@micat
Yoshi's Islanders

Animal Crossing Trivia

1st Place:
30 Points
2nd Place:
25 Points
3rd Place:
20 Points
4th Place:
10 Points
@Alolan_Apples
Yoshi's Islanders
@Jacob
Yoshi's Islanders
@Doo
Squirtle Squad
@Rio_
Yoshi's Islanders

Additionally, all players who earned at least 500 trivia points (one correct non-test question) will receive 5 Points per game soon. Thanks for playing everyone!

Back