• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Do you like the concept of amiibo cards?

matt2019

Bells
Sautéed Mushrooms
Spores
Title explains at all. Personally I think they’re cool but I wish they weren’t so expensive. That’s why I purchase the custom ones for like $3 a piece most of the time, because I’m trying to complete my collection

Generally speaking - yes, because I like being able to invite (almost) any villager at my convenience, as it keeps the game fresh for me.

That said, I actually think the way inviting villagers works in Pocket Camp is even more convenient, and would probably prefer that be the main system.

I like the concept. For the genuine card packs, I already deal with the in-game RNG and don't need it applied in real life as well. I've gotten some fanmade ones because I like having the choice and guarantee of getting villagers I would want to have on my island.

I've personally found that having them has taken a bit of the fun/suspense out of island hopping, so I'm holding off on inviting Amiibo villagers for as long as possible, exceptions being using one to kick out a villager that I'm passing along to friends.

I really like the concept- being able to invite most villagers at will is really attractive, especially since trading and using NMTs to find villagers can get a little expensive, especially early on. That said, I found that because cards weren't readily available to purchase when NH came out that I had to go aftermarket, which is wildly expensive. Genuine amiibo cards are kind of expensive as well.

I'd love to see them have a digital amiibo market, where you pay to get either a specific villager's amiibo or a mystery pack associated with your nintendo account and you can invite them in the game. Then you wouldn't have the burden of storing cards, etc. Probably would be a nightmare to setup and manage but I'd definitely use it rather than pay a scalper on Ebay $40 for a card!

I don't know. I really like island hopping to find my villagers, but I also want to experience lots of different villagers and with amiibo cards I can kick out specific villagers. So far I've only kicked out one villager with an amiibo though. I also really wanted amiibos because of the villager poster issue where you can't catalog them anymore. Now I can get more posters without buying them from someone else.

Absolutely. I collected them years ago and they're relevant for the current game so I appreciate having them. I have most of the cards of my dreamies so I've been able to get villagers I want without having to spend 743829478329432 tbt or 44382943284324343434242 nook miles tickets. And I like that there are knockoff amiibo cards available on Etsy for so cheap. Being able to seamlessly invite villagers you adore onto your island is lovely.

I like the concept of amiibo cards for sure, I think they'd be fun to collect and also it makes it way more convenient to get villagers you actually like and want instead of leaving it up to rng! personally I've never bought any because I think when they became really popular I wasn't playing AC all too much, and I think if I did I'd want to buy ones off of etsy with cute art just for the ~aesthetic~ (or buy the means to make my own)

Concept? Yes.

Execution? No.

Stores never stocked them in my area, so I never got any. And no way in hell am I paying for 'fake' versions, etc.
SAME! I could only find them at 1 toys r us and when they went out of business that was it for me!!
I literally only need like 10ish more cards to finish my collection and no one trades them anymore so I'm **** out of luck :/

i love them primarily for the collectors image of them,
and i do like to give them to my friends for if they want any, as i have nearly got them all!! c:

I very much like being able to invite my favorite villagers into my town or island. It's especially nice when one moves out, as I can get them back for free. The cost is certainly a problem, there are a lot of scalpers out there who take advantage of others.

Ambitious but rubbish aka Great idea, poor execution. I love the cards but they're too expensive and nobody and I mean nobody has them anywhere nearby me. If they did have them and they were more affordable, then it would be great, imo.

I like them, they've made it easy for me to get my dream villagers in both NL and NH since I can easily trade with other users who are amiibo cycling.

I do enjoy the aspect of Amiibo cards, definitely, but loathe the idea of people making money off selling hacked, illegal knockoffs through Etsy, eBay, etc. In my opinion, there's very little difference between what Nintendo produces and what Topps produces, and I sure as heck would never purchase a fake baseball card.

I LOVE collecting cards, but I would like to make very rude and inappropriate gestures at whoever decided Europe only gets two regular villagers per pack.

I love the idea, but heartily dislike the execution. I’d like to buy the official cards, but since scalpers snatch them up all you can find are ones that people copied or official cards marked up insanely! Since I’m not as interested in getting them as I was with my lite, I’m not watching for restocks.

I do enjoy the aspect of Amiibo cards, definitely, but loathe the idea of people making money off selling hacked, illegal knockoffs through Etsy, eBay, etc. In my opinion, there's very little difference between what Nintendo produces and what Topps produces, and I sure as heck would never purchase a fake baseball card.

I bought amiibo cards from Etsy because I wanted to choose which villagers I got instead of it being random.

Back