• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Do you think this is bad?

Midgetsc

Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Silver Mailbox
Cake
Mailbox
Sorry if this is in the wrong board, but:

Do you guys think this is bad?

I lost my stylus, so instead I got a green colored pencil to use. It's not sharp, and is actually rather dull, and I haven't seen any green spots on my screen or anything.

So yeah, I'm just wondering, do you guys think this is okay to use for the time being? I'll be getting a new stylus hopefully tomorrow, but still.

I personally wouldn't do that. It might scratch up your touch screen.

You don't have another stylus to use? I have a ton of styluses, between my regular DSes and the 3DS and all of the free ones I've gotten that came with game pre-orders and first editions. I got a pack of free styluses from Nintendo from some offer or another one time too. I probably have too many. O_O

I don't know, I remember I was really dumb when I used a sharp screw driver. Ended up making lots of scratches that went through my DS.
I'm lucky it was just a DS though xD

Probably as long as you don't press too hard or make lots of scribbles.

Last edited:
I always use a pencil. I've lost my stylus and not buying another one. It hasn't harmed my 3DS

Alright. I made a point of scribbling a bit on a piece of paper before using it, so it's really dull and rounded. Basically, the tip is exactly like a stylus- I'm mostly just worried about it turning my screen green. o3o I need screen protectors. XD

I'll probably buy a new stylus shortly. I wish the store had Animal Crossing styluses, but NOPE, it's lame.

I'll probably just order an Animal Crossing stylus, actually.

That's why I have 5 spare styluses, they sell for cheap at game stores, or online.

Using something else may scratch your screen, it's your choice but I suggest not to. You could even stain your screen with the lead from the pencil.

I would just use your finger for the time being. Sure it covers the screen in fingerprints, but those can be wiped off, and scratches cannot.

What about a round eraser? That can't scratch it, but it's better than getting 50 spelling errors. XD

Well, I used to chew on my stylus before I lost it, so now I use a pen.(Don't judge me, I chew on anything I get my mouth onto. I might be part rodent o-o) Then I chewed on that, and it broke and all the ink spilled onto my screen. (Thankfully) I wiped all the ink off before it stained. I would say don't use anything you don't want getting your screen marked up u.u

I chew on everything, too. XD

Idk. I probably have a spare stylus somewhere, I just don't know where it is yet. I probably have like 10 hidden in all my drawers.

I used a pen before I discovered that there was a stylus cleverly hidden on the bottom of the device, which worked fine.

A stylus? What? XD

I'm using a FurReal pets bottle now, the mini kind, because it's round and can't scratch but is good enough to let me spell properly.

Well, I used to chew on my stylus before I lost it, so now I use a pen.(Don't judge me, I chew on anything I get my mouth onto. I might be part rodent o-o) Then I chewed on that, and it broke and all the ink spilled onto my screen. (Thankfully) I wiped all the ink off before it stained. I would say don't use anything you don't want getting your screen marked up u.u

I chew mine too LOL

Pens and Pencils are kinda a bad idea for a replacement stylus, since that's not what they're made for at all. Maybe super temporary is fine but... it seems like a really bad idea for long-term. The eraser end or the cap should be fine (and I've used them on occasion just because I was doing something else while playing), though they're not really good for precision. Your fingers should be fine enough, and the above mentioned cotton swab is probably the best house-hold item for the job. Personally, my sometimes temporary stylus is my drawing tablet's stylus, but I know that's not a common item for someone to have. If you want to use the stylus though, you're probably better off getting spares. They're usually sold in big packs for pretty cheap so you don't have to worry for a long while.

I've only lost my DS Lite's stylus (though i've had quite a few scares with my 3ds'), and I already had bought the big pack of spares so I just picked the color I liked most and good to go.

Last edited:
I used a pencil on my DS Lite. Dull and stuff.

It's the reason the screen broke and I was forced to buy a new one to fix the problem.

I don't know, I remember I was really dumb when I used a sharp screw driver. Ended up making lots of scratches that went through my DS.
I'm lucky it was just a DS though xD

Probably as long as you don't press too hard or make lots of scribbles.
I'm not the only one! I lost my stylus on my DS Lite and I used a sharp screwdriver.

Back