• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Does the Police Station Steal My Items?

Wolfy

Giveaways and Turnips!
Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Switch
2905-9239-3593
New Horizons Token
October Birthstone (Opal)
I'm not sure if these were my items, but I just found 2 Zodiac Horses and 1 Afternoon Tea Set in the police station. Do items I leave on the ground end up there? Can my items disappear like that?

Quite possible, yeah. I'd avoid leaving anything valuable lying on the ground for too long just in case. Not sure if they stay there for eternity or if the other villagers can pick them up from the station. I'd be very careful anyway.

Last edited:
If you left something on the ground and a neighbour moves into the spot where you left the items, then they should end up in the police station. Or, for example, you left them near the plaza tree where Redd or other special characters turn up, they'll still end up in the police station.

But as MistyWater said, try not to leave valuables around. If you don't have the closet space try selling order-able items you know you can get in the future from your closets, or if that's still not possible, try making a new character purely for the storage space.

Either way, I hope you didn't lose anything. I haven't yet thanks to the police station.

If you left something on the ground and a neighbour moves into the spot where you left the items, then they should end up in the police station. Or, for example, you left them near the plaza tree where Redd or other special characters turn up, they'll still end up in the police station.

But as MistyWater said, try not to leave valuables around. If you don't have the closet space try selling order-able items you know you can get in the future from your closets, or if that's still not possible, try making a new character purely for the storage space.

Either way, I hope you didn't lose anything. I haven't yet thanks to the police station.

Ah ok, I think I know what happened now. I took all the furniture from my house and put it outside meanwhile I did a HHA challenge. I left a few items on the plaza, and the next day Redd set up his tent over them. That must've been how they ended up in the police station. I think the only item I lost was my sci-fi floor.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Quite possible, yeah. I'd avoid leaving anything valuable lying on the ground for too long just in case. Not sure if they stay there for eternity or if the other villagers can pick them up from the station. I'd be very careful anyway.

I just started picking up my valuables and gracie sets to put in my closet UwU

Ah ok, I think I know what happened now. I took all the furniture from my house and put it outside meanwhile I did a HHA challenge. I left a few items on the plaza, and the next day Redd set up his tent over them. That must've been how they ended up in the police station. I think the only item I lost was my sci-fi floor.
Ahh, that's definitely how they ended up there then. If you didn't have the police station they would have been lost forever so at least some sort of happy ending came from this.

As for the sic-fi floor, was your police station full from the other items turning up there? If it's full then any additional items seem to disappear. May be worthwhile getting your items back then TTing to the next day to see if the sic-fi floor turns up though? If not, I'm sure you can order that item from your catalog. If not, I'll see if I have it then let you have it for free.

Ahh, that's definitely how they ended up there then. If you didn't have the police station they would have been lost forever so at least some sort of happy ending came from this.

As for the sic-fi floor, was your police station full from the other items turning up there? If it's full then any additional items seem to disappear. May be worthwhile getting your items back then TTing to the next day to see if the sic-fi floor turns up though? If not, I'm sure you can order that item from your catalog. If not, I'll see if I have it then let you have it for free.

My station is usually full, I don't really take anything from there since it's always full of gyroids and durians. If my sci-fi floor doesn't turn up, I have a spare in my other character's locker :D. Thanks for offering help though :)

Back