• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Does time of day affect what villagers you’ll find on islands?

Bells
Sautéed Mushrooms
Spores
I was island hopping and all I seemed to find was the same 3/4 species. So I was just wondering if the time of the day affects what animals you’ll find.

Nope, its just random. I know the feel though, I tend to get the same few species over and over it seems like and I think the game is messing around with me by giving me species I don't want lol.

Nope, its just random. I know the feel though, I tend to get the same few species over and over it seems like and I think the game is messing around with me by giving me species I don't want lol.
Absolutely, it can be very frustrating at times hahaha

No,

I've seen this going around due to a YouTuber really pushing this theory for views. I can assure you it's false. Both statistical analysis of data (see thread in signature), and datamining found no evidence of time of day influencing which villagers are found on islands. I recommend the campsite method if you are after a specific villager and are okay with TTing.

Back