• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Donkey Kong 64 Remake Suggestions - Creepy Castle

Alolan_Apples

Mollycord’s Exile
Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Switch
1624-3778-0694
Island
Palm City
Flower Glow Wand
Cool Balloon
Ghostly Kitty Plush
Yule Log
Disco Ball Easter Egg
Tetris Grid
Chocolate Cake
Pumpkin Cupcake
Apple (Fruit)
Ice Cream Swirl (TBT Beach Party)
This is the last regular level in DK64. Not only the last of the golden bananas are in this level, but this is where the last boss before the final boss is. It seems perfect for a final regular level, just like what Super Mario 64 and Super Mario Galaxy did. And even if Fungi Forest is spooky at night, they saved the horror theme for this one.

I have to admit that this level is my least favorite because of the bottomless chasm underneath the castle. But judging by how well designed it was, it's actually the best one. In fact, there's no golden banana in this level I want to take out. However, since I suggested removing missions in previous levels, Creepy Castle is going to get something really creepy - my suggestions.

Missions to be removed:

Before I go over what missions should be removed, I should explore the A, B, C, and D golden bananas are. All of the D golden bananas are within the two crypts (one having Donkey Diddy and Chunky Kong accessing and the other having Lanky and Tiny Kong accessing). The C golden bananas are within the upper castle. The others are the A and B golden bananas.

• Donkey Kong - Face tiles: If I told you once, I told you a couple of times. We want to stick to the difficulty curve. I mentioned in the Fungi Forest entry about how Chunky Kong has a similar mission to this. But only this time, it's even easier since it's only involving simian slam and no time limit. The counting one in Frantic Factory is harder than this.
  • Diddy Kong - Swing across the bricks: I like the new sniper scope you learn in this level, but this is a cheap mission to be honest. I do like the Ballroom one, the coffin one, and I like to fly to the top of the castle. So this one is an unfortunate victim of removal.
  • Lanky Kong - Floating across the slime: Guess what! This was the other mission in that same section as the aformentioned missions. It appears that this area is a ghost town now. But I like the other missions involving Lanky in this level.
  • Tiny Kong - Rematch with the car: Normally, I like to keep the coin missions, but this time, I'm going to be different. I do not like the idea of switching Kongs just to hit a switch then send another in. Also, there are two coin missions. I prefer the minecart one more.
  • Chunky Kong - Beaver Bother: Diddy Kong had a similar mission through that tunnel in the castle. It's where you use the sniper scope to hit a switch and get across the "forbidden" grounds. But the reason why I suggest removing this is because I suggest removing the tree altogether.

Missions to Change:

The barrel blast challenge this time is the opposite of Crystal Caves' suggestion. While I suggested to have an unlock star in place of a bonus barrel back then, I suggest putting a bonus barrel in place or an unlock star. Beaver Battle (the alternative to Beaver Bother) should be the mini-game.

Also, Donkey's blueprint piece should be moved to the section with the three removed golden bananas. I would suggest making the remaining missions harder, but I don't know what to say there.

Plus, instead of Tiny twirling across the pit, it should be even longer to where her Ponytail Twirl won't work. Why? Because I would put the Monkeyport pad in place.

Banana Medal Locations:

To access the boss stage, you should have 28 banana medals in total. Since the minimum you should have is 15, you would need 13 more. This would require getting all of the banana medals in this level, Crystal Caves, and three earlier levels.

• Donkey Kong - in the library.
  • Diddy Kong - on top of the castle, on a cloud.
  • Lanky Kong - in the slime crypt.
  • Tiny Kong - in the trash can.
  • Chunky Kong - behind a coffin.

Other Changes:

As much as I would like to remove the tree since there's no longer any use to it, I would like to transform the area with the removed golden bananas into something else.

Bonus Golden Banana:

Behind a door somewhere in that tunnel, you will find an area with DK's blueprint piece. Also in that area, there's a gate you can't open unless if you hit a wall switch with the new sniper scope. Walk in the forbidden territory and you won't be able to hit the switch. When the gate is open, you will have to cross the platforming elements until you get the golden banana.

Back