• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Donkey Kong 64 Remake Suggestions - Frantic Factory

Alolan_Apples

Mollycord’s Exile
Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Switch
1624-3778-0694
Island
Palm City
Flower Glow Wand
Cool Balloon
Ghostly Kitty Plush
Yule Log
Disco Ball Easter Egg
Tetris Grid
Chocolate Cake
Pumpkin Cupcake
Apple (Fruit)
Ice Cream Swirl (TBT Beach Party)
It's been a whle since I worked on DK64 remake suggestions, but I've been really busy. But now my TBT Fair review and 2nd Anniversary entries were posted, it's time to finish what's left of the DK64 remake suggestions.

The third level is Frantic Factory, the first level accessible through K. Rool's Ship. The factory is where dangerous toys were being produced and shipped. It is one of the three levels to completely take place indoors (or in an enclosed space). The factory theme is enjoyable, but I have a neutral to low opinion on this level.

Missions to be removed:

Before I go over what missions should be removed, I should explore the A, B, C, and D golden bananas are. All of the D golden bananas are in the production room (where the machine is). The C golden bananas (which includes Donkey Kong's mission to power up the machine) are in the Reading and Distribution (R&D) section. The B ones are mostly linked to the Testing section as the A ones are linked to the storage facility.

• Donkey Kong - Donkey Kong 1981: I do not like the idea of incorporating the arcade games into the video game itself. The expectations are too high at this point. In this version, Mario has only one life, barrels move pretty fast, and you have to complete the entire game to earn a golden banana. And what happens if game is over? You are booted out of the game. Plus, you need to complete this game twice as a requirement to beating DK64. The Virtual Console version of DK64 made this part easier since you have restore points, but that's not playing normally. So I would definitely want to see this get removed. Also, you shouldn't earn a golden banana for turning on the machine. You still turn on the machine, but no banana reward.
  • Diddy Kong - Beaver Bother: Whether we change the game to something else or remove it entirely, this part should be removed. I don't like removing the machine bananas or the R&D bananas, as well as the ABC blocks, so this is to go away.
  • Lanky Kong - Freeing Chunky Kong: With the DK Arcade game out of the way, I suggest not removing this mission at all, but this is more of a Donkey Kong task and not a Lanky Kong task. The barrel blast challenge would be useless without the arcade game, so this mission would be re-assigned to Donkey Kong. If he can go through that star, Chunky will be set free.
  • Tiny Kong - Climbing the desk: With the exception of obtaining the blueprint piece and climbing the machine, all of Tiny Kong's missions involve the Mini Monkey move. I like the R&D and machine room bananas, as well as that matching game. I'm guessing that the other golden banana should be removed.
  • Chunky Kong - Stash Snatch: It's not that I don't like the maze mini-games, but in that same section with the arcade game and the desk, you have this. I suggest removing the whole section unless if we have Dixie Kong's prison. But this mission must go.

Missions to Change:

Other than re-assigning one of Lanky's bananas to Donkey (or Dixie if she was added), no mission needs to be changed whatsoever.

Banana Medal Locations:

To access the boss stage, you should have six banana medals in total, which means you only need to find three to five more.

• Donkey Kong - inside the grill where the battle pad once was.
  • Diddy Kong - in the storage room, where the three banana coins once were.
  • Lanky Kong - in the storage room, where his switch once was.
  • Tiny Kong - at the top of the production room.
  • Chunky Kong - behind a newly added gate in the testing room.

Other Changes:

First, move the banana fairy from Funky's section in the testing area to Chunky's section of the storage room (where the bees and elevating platforms can be found. Also, the section with the arcade game should be removed completely without the golden bananas. However, the area where Tiny's blueprint piece is at should have a gate to punch, which leads to a new section.

Bonus Golden Banana:

In Jungle Japes and Angry Aztec, the bonus bananas involved the kongs' instrument pads and shooters. This time, it involves all of their special moves. In the section of Tiny's blueprint piece, there should be a gate for Chunky to punch. Behind the gate is a slope that only Lanky can climb. At the top, there is a huge gap that Tiny can cross. Affer that, Donkey Kong should pull a lever to turn on the buttons, and Diddy can hit the wall buttons. The gate blocking the golden banana should open.

Back