• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Donkey Kong 64 Remake Suggestions - Fungi Forest

Alolan_Apples

Mollycord’s Exile
Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Switch
1624-3778-0694
Island
Palm City
Flower Glow Wand
Cool Balloon
Ghostly Kitty Plush
Yule Log
Disco Ball Easter Egg
Tetris Grid
Chocolate Cake
Pumpkin Cupcake
Apple (Fruit)
Ice Cream Swirl (TBT Beach Party)
The next level is Fungi Forest, which was accessible by the island in the sky. According to my remake suggestions, I wanted the first boss key to unlock three lobbies. To unlock this one according to the same suggestions, you will need all four boss keys available.

This level is in my top three favorites. The beautiful daytime music, the theme, and this day/night mechanic. Did you know that this was an unused level for Banjo Kazooie? It is. It just got re-used for DK64 (which is no longer Rare's game since Nintendo owns it all). However, this level is the one with the toughest boss (if you only use Primate Punch in the second half). Not only that, but the two worst missions in DK64 are in this level.

Missions to be removed:

Before I go over what missions should be removed, I should explore the A, B, C, and D golden bananas are. The big barn in the barn area has all five D golden bananas. The mushroom tower has all five C golden bananas. Donkey and Diddy has additional golden bananas in the barn area, Lanky had an additional golden banana in the mushroom tower, and Tiny and Chunky have a golden banana in the garden area. And those are the B golden bananas. The others are the A golden bananas.

• Donkey Kong - Shooting inside the Mushroom Tower: The game should get harder at this point. What's wrong with this one? There's an inconsistency in difficulty, and it's best to remove this to make the difficulties more consistent.
  • Diddy Kong - Flying through the hoops: This is my least favorite mission involving Diddy Kong. Just like I said about the Angry Aztec one, the Virtual Console version made it a lot harder by speeding up the game. But why is this one worse than the Dodo one? It's because we have to play Busy Barrel Barrage as our reward, which is a terrible mini-game.
  • Lanky Kong - Rabbit Race: Let me explain what's wrong with this without acting all immature about it. You have to race the rabbit, twice. The first time, you can beat him easily. But you only get paid coins for winning, which by this time of the game, they are worthless. Second time, he runs too fast, even if you have Orangsprint active. The cameras are too weird, the enemies may slow you down, and if you skip a gate, you automatically lose the race. Some people used a glitch to beat this race. If that were the case, this mission should be removed altogether. In fact, this mission should be removed, period!
  • Tiny Kong - Grabbing the bean: There should be another way to grab the bean to activate the beanstalk. Yes, my least favorite mission involving Tiny is fighting the spider, but there weren't very many bad ones with Tiny. But this one is too simple. Same with going up the beanstalk, but we should get the bean somewhere else and go up the beanstalk.
  • Chunky Kong - Picture in the Mushroom Tower: This one is simple, and does not flow with the difficulties of the game at this time. It would've been better in Jungle Japes, but not this level.

Missions to Change:

Lanky's blueprint piece should be moved to the garden area. Also, add DK stars to the mission involving mushroom hopping with Lanky Kong.

Banana Medal Locations:

To access the boss stage, you should have fifteen banana medals in total. Since the minimum you should have is ten, you would need five more. If you only have ten, then you should get all five of them in this level unless if you want to go back.

• Donkey Kong - the removed golden banana in my suggestions should be replaced with this.
  • Diddy Kong - on top of the clock tower.
  • Lanky Kong - inside the mushroom tower, in one of the Lanky-only areas.
  • Tiny Kong - inside the garden area, through a small hole.
  • Chunky Kong - in the barn, inside a ? Block.

Other Changes:

The whole section with the owl and rabbit should be removed since all golden bananas should be evacuated. But there should be something else inside the tunnel.

Bonus Golden Banana:

The area that was removed should be replaced with some vine trap that only Chunky can break with his improved Simian Slam. It takes you down a trap with lone columns and a huge bottomless pit. Diddy's chimpy charge hitting a switch should make a timed golden banana appear, and only Tiny Kong can reach it.

Back