• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Don't hate me for this, but...

I never had Marshall, so I honestly don't understand what all the hype is about.

I feel as like Muffy should be noticed more, I had her when my town was named Galifrey, and I absolutely loved her.

This could be said about any villager to be honest. Opinions differ from people to people.
Personally, I love Marshal. He's really cute and I went to his house when it was my birthday.

"Dreamies" aren't always based on looks. Everyone may say "you only like Marshal cause he's cute!" Truth of the matter is most people on this site have a unique one or two dreamies that they chose based on their experience with them. I have had Marshal for a long time and I like his personality, the way he pings me a lot, and that he's given me his picture.
I liked Claudia for her personality, the way she pings me a lot, and that she gave me her picture.
Don't assume EVERYONE loves Marshal just for his looks like you like that anteater thing just for his looks.

Marshal is fine. I like his grumpy little face. :) Didn't know his furniture was popular, though. Most of the sloppy series isn't to my liking. Then again, there's a difference between seeing something in a picture and experiencing it in the game itself. When Gaston set up in my sister's town I thought I'd hate his house, but it's actually really atmospheric.

"Dreamies" aren't always based on looks. Everyone may say "you only like Marshal cause he's cute!" Truth of the matter is most people on this site have a unique one or two dreamies that they chose based on their experience with them. I have had Marshal for a long time and I like his personality, the way he pings me a lot, and that he's given me his picture.
I liked Claudia for her personality, the way she pings me a lot, and that she gave me her picture.
Don't assume EVERYONE loves Marshal just for his looks like you like that anteater thing just for his looks.
I like Cyrano because he's cool, ans I understand what you mean. It seems like, though people hate villagers like Klaus and Al because they aren't good looking and they get overshadowed by other villagers.

I don't see no differ between each villager .

yeah , theres the tiers , the how much this villager is worth , and based on their looks .

I adore Marshal too but i think he's just an average squirrel .

Even with Merengue , Diana , and Zucker .

Ever since i found out there is popularity on villagers , i kinda got obsessed with tier 2 and 3 . "omg i have to have a town with all tier 2" but now I'm just eh .

The Tier Popularity has changed and now a lot of villagers moved up/down .

Ex .

Skye moved up to tier 1
Marina moved down to tier 2
Ankha moved up .
Merengue moved down a lil .
Phoebe moved up .
etc .

Now can we stop bashing on whoever made this thread and deal with the fact that everyone has their own opinions with the word "over-rated" c: please make peace , not war <3

everyone is just wasting their time bashing each other :c

Last edited:
how is this thread still going

i have been on this forum for a long while now and i have seen... an unimaginable amount of these exact threads
as i have said so many times before, people like what they like.
im mostly just surprised these threads are still popping up lmfao

how is this thread still going

i have been on this forum for a long while now and i have seen... an unimaginable amount of these exact threads
as i have said so many times before, people like what they like.
im mostly just surprised these threads are still popping up lmfao
I don't know. I just thought it would be around 2 pages or so, not 7 pages!

I don't know. I just thought it would be around 2 pages or so, not 7 pages!

heh. i guess this happens when we have new members :p you know, what interests me, however, is the change of tone. long ago... things used to be different -- more hostile, actually. i was surprised this morning when i looked; nobody had torn you a new one. of course, it could be coincidence, but i appreciate the change in tone. sorry for getting off topic there, it was just something i noticed :x

Last edited:
heh. i guess this happens when we have new members :p you know, what interests me, however, is the change of tone. long ago... things used to be different -- more hostile, actually. i was surprised this morning when i looked; nobody had torn you a new one. of course, it could be coincidence, but i appreciate the change in tone. sorry for getting off topic there, it was just something i noticed :x
I didn't really notice that, actually. Well, I guess these types of threads are better than a few years ago?

Now can we stop bashing on whoever made this thread and deal with the fact that everyone has their own opinions with the word "over-rated" c: please make peace , not war <3

everyone is just wasting their time bashing each other :c

No one is bashing anyone...

I accept that he is a popular villager, but I just hear about him being so awesome, but I just find him average.

I know, right? But I think lots of popular villagers are just all right, and others love them.

We're all different in one way or another, and that's one thing I love about this game; we can all do so many different things and there are so many things and villagers to choose from.

- - - Post Merge - - -

No one is bashing anyone...

Lol! No, you're right - no-one is bashing anyone. :)

Beauty is subjective!
I actually really disliked Marshal before. This forum made me really love him though.

Whoa, is that map yours? If so, Bravo! That's cool! My houses are scattered around town. But, anyway, I think so too. I just don't like how a lot of the most hated villagers are because of how they look.

Last edited:
It would be interesting if Marshal was a cranky villager.
Now that I just thought up of that, I'm waiting for a texture hack for one of the squirrels that appeared in the earlier games to look exactly like Marshal.

Last edited:
I don't really get all the hype over Marshal. I prefer other squirrels and other smugs over him. (O'Hare, forever the best)

the annoying thing about "popular" villagers are that people tend to like them simply because of that - their status. A lot of people don't actually like the villager themself, they simply want them to have as a trophy of sorts. To show off in their signatures/tumblrs/whatever. it's a silly logic. the game is much more fun when you have a town full of residents you actually enjoy.

the annoying thing about "popular" villagers are that people tend to like them simply because of that - their status. A lot of people don't actually like the villager themself, they simply want them to have as a trophy of sorts. To show off in their signatures/tumblrs/whatever. it's a silly logic. the game is much more fun when you have a town full of residents you actually enjoy.

This isn't always true.

A lot of my dreamies are "popular" villagers and that is not why they are my dreamies. I genuinely love them and don't want them just so I can "show them off" in a signature.

Either way, even if someone does have that mindset, it's still not hurting you and I'm not sure why it would bother you. It's not that hard to ignore if it really annoys you.

I never said anything was hurting me, lovely, nor did I state that I was annoyed~ you seem determined to defend yourself against an attack that never was directed towards you.

Back