• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Early game release??

LeAckerman

Kibiy
Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
October Birthstone (Opal)
I was checking my order and stuff on Walmart and it said that it arrives Wed., April 17th. o.0 Does that mean their shipping it early? :confused: If they do give us the game now, I will be sooooo happy. But I heard that they can't do that, because of Nintendo suing them or something like that..

That's not happening.
I ordered from Best Buy and it said my delivery date was 4 - 9 - 2013.
Date has come and gone, still not here lol

They can't break street date. If they did, they'd be in some SERIOUS trouble. It's probably just a hold date or something.

Kinda relevant, back when Hollywood Video/Game Crazy was still a thing, I Pre-Ordered Pokemon SoulSilver. They broke street date and I got it a day early.

Stores used to do it, mostly the "mom and pops" stores. Big name company doing it draws too much attention if word gets out.

Nintendo has come knocking down with the ban hammer on ANY type of retailer, private or not, that get caught selling it before their release dates.

At the moment, I'm pretty sure that they're producing copies of North American and European versions of ACNL, since they've done with localizing.

How can a store ships the NA/EU game earlier than a few days before the actual release date? One thing is certain, reviewers typically get these copies first, so the reviews will appear before the launch date.

I think the early game release is not happening. Because its not in the Sunday newspaper ads. Less than 2 months and its here.

This depends on the review embargo, which is different with every game.

True, but Nintendo tends to date them a few days before launch. Which they deserve credit for... It's kind of scummy when publishers release reviews on the same day. Most people will have already bought it by the time they see it, allowing reviews a few days prior gives ample time for the consumer to see the review and make a decision.

Last edited:
No early release on this one girls and boys!
June 9th NA, June 14th EU! :)

Yeah, I doubt they would do something like that. Like PapaNer said, it's probably just a placeholder date. I don't think they would ship it but not sell it in stores. :/ If they did, I would be really mad...:mad:

Back