Effective ways to stay cool in summer (without aircon)

Aquilla

☀️ all was golden when the day met the night 🌙
Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Switch
3591-5022-2346
Yellow Candy
Friday the 13th Candy
Pink Candy
Rainbow Candy
Purple Candy
I am from a country where fax machines are still used in offices unironically, absolutely everything is done on paper and a lot of restaurants only accept cash cuz they don’t have a card reader. Needless to say finding a building with aircon is RARE. Let alone people owning them for private homes.

What do you usually do to beat the summer heat? ☀️🍉⛱️

I love some cold watermelon straight from the fridge and sitting in front if a fan that just blows the hot air around my face 🙃

I've been sleeping with a fan on. I've also just bought one of these sleeping masks with gel beads in it, that you can put in the fridge or freezer. It might be a kid sized one, but I can get it around my forehead, that works.

Also, mine was around 6 bucks at a grocery store.

Last edited:
We have aircon, but we also have a pool, so going and using the pool is an easy way to get colder for me.

Before I had AC in the house I just moved into I spent a large part of the Summer taking cold showers to cool off when I was overheated. I wouldn’t suggest doing it too much though since taking multiple cold showers a day can add a lot to the water bill.

we have aircon but i still find that i tend to run on the warmer side :c instead of turning the ac up, i’ll opt for a cool shower or drinking something cold with lots of ice. or i’ll have a bowl of watermelon from the fridge or maybe a popsicle. when it gets super bad, i have ice packs in the freezer that i’ll place on the back of my neck and it helps cool me down!

I have AC, but when it gets hot, I use a fan. I also cool down by drinking cold water with ice.

I have AC, but another method I've used when AC is not working is a use two powerful box fans, put them in the opposite sides of the room and face the center, then use my ceiling fan. The air circulation makes a huge difference. I read on somewhere about another method of putting three frozen water bottles in front of the fan but I tried it. I don't think it made any difference.

To me, air conditioning is a necessity, but one thing you can do to keep yourself cool is to is to drink more water. Like cold water. You can also go on a diet like fasting every other day. When I did that, summers didn’t feel as boiling hot as they did when I didn’t.

My mum always closes the windows and blinds when it's hot, so you're not letting in any of the heat in and it actually works to keep rooms cooler.

We have fans and I have a cooling face mist spray that really helps.

We also at dinner eat stuff that doest need to be cooked, so having a nice cold dinner like coleslaw, cheese, ham etc so you're not sweating over a hot oven or such.

Ice Cream is always an immediate option when the weather is awful or the AC is down.🍦

We once put foil up against the windows where the sun shines in to reflect the heat.
We have cooling towels.
And like Giddy, we won’t cook if it’s super hot.

Bluey Heeler: I get ice cream .

Jungkook: In BTS x Bluey in the SOOP, I give Bluey,Bingo,Muffin,Socks cold showers and then put cooling gel on them . When she was 1 years old , Socks loved being rubbed down with the cooling gel. Now at 2 years old, she likes to eat ice cream with the other 3.
Post automatically merged:

I have Aircon, But I eat popsicles or creamsicles or ice cream

Back