• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Emendations to my Idea Book (Mayoral Features)

Alolan_Apples

“Assorted” Collector
Bells
Sautéed Mushrooms
Spores
Switch
1624-3778-0694
Island
Palm City
According to my Idea Book, Chapters 9 to 14 were ideas based on ACNL's core feature, which is managing your town. My ideas included more PWPs, more ordinances, and more mayoral abilities, which are villager zoning, path placement, enabling/disabling holidays and special visitors, and holiday creation.

Because of the suggestions made by my friend, I am going to change some of them.

Public Works Projects:

While I like all of (or at least most of) ACNL's PWPs to return, I came up with more. For major PWPs, I made up the restaurant, custom shop, hotel, sales stand, and island hut while incorporating GracieGrace and Club LOL as PWPs. For minor PWPs, I came up with the gazebo, pagoda, clock tower, carousel, ferris wheel, and several other landmarks, including two new illuminated structures, more bridges, and even a mayor's statue. I also decided to separate streetlights, clocks, benches, and smaller projects from the project directory and make them purchasable from Timmy and Tommy with ability to re-order them as long as you're the mayor and have T&T Mart or greater. They can only sell one or two mini-projects a day.

What my friend thought about the ideas for PWPs, he did like all my minor PWP ideas, the mini-projects, and the personal hut for the island like we had for the GameCube version. However, he did not like the idea of removing custom exhibits, even if I would sacrifice it for more rooms in each house and more exhibit wings in the Museum. Not only that, but he would prefer GracieGrace to be part of the Nooklings' final expansion, and the teacup ride (with three cups rather than two) to replace the tower PWP. In regards to the Custom Shop, Restaurant, and Hotel, he said that your town doesn't need another shop, unless if it sold stuff like balloons and mini-game software, but it shouldn't be managed by another human character. The hotel would be nice, but it's not necessary if there's already a canpsite. The restaurant would be a good PWP to be part of the management feature, except that it shouldn't go over water.

So here are the changes to PWPs I came up with:

• GracieGrace, the Café, and the Observatory are all part of another structure. The improved Observatory and improved Café are part of the Museum once again while GracieGrace is only attached to T&T Emporium.
  • The campsite is now changed to a larger campground you can build in the middle of town, as there are two tents.
  • You have a choice between the hotel and the campground when building PWPs.
  • Sales stand is dropped as Custom Shop is something that sells anything you can't get anywhere else.
  • You can customize the Custom Shop and Hotel/Campground, but Harvey is the manager of one while the Custom Shop is managed by any villager you pick with an amiibo card.
  • The three attractions the alts can manage are a restaurant, a movie theater, and an arcade.
  • The semi-major PWPs, you can still have four out of 8. But a change I would make is how they can benefit your town in some way. The teacup ride, carousel, and ferris wheel can make money you can collect. The lighthouse attracts rare fish and rare insects. The windmill and gazebo can increase town's nature score significantly. And the pagoda and clock tower can increase town's living score significantly.
Ordinances:

There are two things my friend can't agree on. Those would have to be the Lucky Town Ordinance, and the Custom Hours feature. However, he does agree that some things need fixing. First, the new ordinance is the hunting ordinance, which can improve bug hunting and fishing. Another is that you should be able to choose two ordinance active at once, but at max.

• Beautiful Town is good the way it is.
  • Early Bird shouldn't add extra hours in the front. It should be a time shift where all limited-hour businesses open three hours earlier while all villagers wake up two hours earlier. However, businesses close three hours earlier while villagers go to bed two hours earlier.
  • Night Owl shouldn't add extra hours in the back. It should be a time shift where all limited-hour businesses close three hours later while all villagers go to bed two hours later. However, businesses open three hours later while villagers wake up two hours later.
  • Wealthy Town should have the inflation price up by 50% than 20%. It should also double how much comes out of a money rock.
  • Event Town should only decorate PWPs for New Years', Bunny Day, and the entirety of August, October, and December for their respective holidays. Also, all businesses will have sales or specials based on holidays, and unorderable items that are seasonal or event items become orderable when they're in season.
  • Hunting Town is rather a new ordinance thought out by me. It can make beetles disappear less, all fish take one bob to catch, and frequency of rare fish, rare insects, gyroids, fossils, minerals, and shells to go up. But it also means more trash and more weeds (which wouldn't be bad if you like more challenges).
You can have two ordinances active at once rather than just one, and there are some ordinances you can't have both active at once. You can only choose between Beautiful Town or Hunting Town, Wealthy Town or Event Town, and Early Bird or Night Owl.

Zoning and Path Placement:

Out of all ideas in my Idea Book, Nintendo is more likely to accept my zoning idea over anything else. In fact, they can even incorporate it without any knowledge on by Idea Book. This is something everybody wants, and something that can benefit your town.

The path placement like what I had in mind are pretty interesting, so there wouldn't be any change for the time being.

Holidays and Special Visitors:

The last mayoral feature my Idea Book covers (except for approving and disapproving of store renovations) is the holiday feature, where you can enable/disable holidays to/from being celebrated, enable/disable visitors like Katie and Redd to/from visiting, and create holidays. I also made three or four holidays.

Out of everything in Chapter 14 I said, here's what my friend thinks:

• He did like my Treasure Hunt and Skull Day ideas, but not Crab Festival or Crawfish Week. He hated the idea of week-long celebrations.
  • He can understand why the Solstice days and New Years' can't be negotiable, but he thinks the Spring Sports Festival and Fall Sports Festival should be negotiable.
  • He does not like the Holiday Creator idea because of how it's hard to pick a date and a potential that people could abuse the feature by making political holidays or explicit content holidays. He still thought the idea was solid, but he wouldn't want to see more bad generated by the community.

Back