• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Emendations to my Idea Book (Overall)

Alolan_Apples

Old > New
Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Switch
1624-3778-0694
Island
Palm City
Flower Glow Wand
Cool Balloon
Ghostly Kitty Plush
Yule Log
Disco Ball Easter Egg
Tetris Grid
Chocolate Cake
Pumpkin Cupcake
Apple (Fruit)
Ice Cream Swirl (TBT Beach Party)
It's been a while since I written an Animal Crossing related entry. Most entries were related to Pokemon or some other stuff, but that's because of how things were recently. For the next few days, I'm gonna talk about my Idea Book and what changes should be made.

Some of you may have read My Idea Book on Animal Crossing Spin-Offs (my Happy Home Designer fansite). If you haven't, you should check it out. I'm not going to edit any of these pages since it's one of these relics that should not be touched (but at least should be seen), but due to the Welcome amiibo update and the release of the Nintendo Switch, the Idea Book is outdated, at least by a little. To be fair, my Idea Blog I written back in the first 100 entries on this site were based on New Leaf, but the Idea Book is based on Happy Home Designer. So you wouldn't really see any idea on stuff inspired by the amiibo update.

I was talking to a friend about my Idea Book I written. He did tell me that I was very creative as he liked the ideas I shared, but there are some ideas he could not agree with. Some ideas, he completely agrees with me as there's nothing to argue about. For example, my idea book has a chapter on villager zoning and official path placement. Since the animal moving thing is ACNL's biggest liability, that was an idea he liked. Some ideas, he does like, but there should be some sort of trade-off if I want them implemented. An example of this was that I suggest making all items orderable on the catalog as long as one-time prizes are unorderable. His suggestion, it's better than not making them orderable, but the formerly unorderable items should be priced high with a limit on how much I can order, and must wait at least 24 hours for it to arrive. Some ideas, he doesn't like what I have in mind, but he gave me a suggestion that would be better for the next AC game. An example of that would be my Map Editor. He came up with another solution to the map finding problem when creating a town. Other ideas, he is completely against as there's nothing I could do to make it better. An example of this was my Traditional Mode idea. He felt that it is unnecessary, and data limitations can't hold more than one town.

Because of all the suggestions he gave me, I was inspired to make edits to the Idea Book. Again, I'm not going to edit the pages, but I will show updates to the ideas I had when I write more blog entries.

In case if you're wondering what my Idea Book is like, here's a chapter summary:

• Chapter 1 - an overview of what ideas are in my Idea Book. It may be my first chapter, but it's not where my first idea is.
  • Chapter 2 - it's more of a reasoning entry on whether the next Animal Crossing game should be on a handheld or console. People prefer it to be on a handheld, but it started out on the console. Thanks to the Nintendo Switch, you can play it on the handheld or console if a new game comes out.
  • Chapter 3 - this is when you start seeing my ideas. I written seven problems with solutions I would have more detail later, ten other major problems that I hate about ACNL that should be fixed, five other suggestions on making the next game better, and eight things I do not want Nintendo to do in the next game.
  • Chapter 4 - this is all about the differences between Sandbox Mode (which is what Animal Crossing has been set on for a while) and Traditional Mode (which is similar to Animal Crossing before). I also came up with three tiers of Traditional Mode and how the game differs at different levels.
  • Chapter 5 - an overview of Chapters 6 and 7.
  • Chapter 6 - the Map Editor. It covers the stages of the Map Editor as well.
  • Chapter 7 - Biomes. It talks about the four different biomes you can put your town in and how different the weather patterns are and different vegetation.
  • Chapter 8 - it has details on town creation and character creation, including Isabelle's quests, player personalities, and determining looks.
  • Chapter 9 - an overview of Chapters 10 to 14.
  • Chapter 10 - Public Works Projects, but only the major ones like the Café and Campsite. While bringing some from ACNL over, I came up with some new ideas.
  • Chapter 11 - more on Public Works Projects, but it's only about the minor ones, which are used for town decoration. I also put in something about Mini-projects, which are similar to the GameCube Version's sign boards, but using stuff like benches and streetlights.
  • Chapter 12 - Ordinances. I came up with three ordinances while throwing in the custom hours thing.
  • Chapter 13 - Villager Zoning and Path Placement. This chapter is all about the solution to the most complained-about problem of New Leaf's. It's also about laying official paths and not just path patterns.
  • Chapter 14 - Holiday Checklist and Holiday Creator. This is about enabling and disabling holidays and special visitors. It also includes the holiday creator and some holiday ideas I have.
  • Chapter 15 - an overview on the facility management feature like seen in a Tycoon game. I covered which three facilities are in these chapters in Chapter 10.
  • Chapter 16 - close up detail on the Custon Shop.
  • Chapter 17 - close up detail on the Restaurant.
  • Chapter 18 - close up detail on the Hotel.
  • Chapter 19 - ideas for interior design, which were based on Happy Home Designer's interior design ideas, but with extensions.
  • Chapter 20 - house expansion ideas.
  • Chapter 21 - furniture series, furniture themes, and furniture sets. This is the longest chapter.
  • Chapter 22 - clothing options and pro-design options.
  • Chapter 23 - store renovation ideas. This is not just about the Nooklings, but also about the Able Sisters remodeling. It goes over details of each renovation too.
  • Chapter 24 - catalog ideas. It has ideas on sorting and filtering items on the catalog when you order.
  • Chapter 25 - museum ideas. It goes over four new exhibits (gyroids, plants, minerals, and seashells) and the observatory revival.
  • Chapter 26 - rating system for Dream Towns, based on Happy Home Designer's rating system for HHN projects.
  • Chapter 27 - close up detail on the Treasure Hunt Holiday, where you can get any items not found in your biome.
  • Chapter 28 - the revamped achievement system based on New Leaf's. It's not ranked like ACNL's, but you can get prizes along with achievements.
  • Chapter 29 - the music maker when you can make songs for your house.
  • Chapter 30 - ghosts and details on when and where they appear, along with what they can do to you and how to catch them.
The different font colors for each chapter represents what subject each chapter goes under. For instance, the dark blue font is seen in chapters about mayoral features, but the green font is seen in chapters about customization and items.

Back