• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Entry 3: Halloween on Animal Crossing: City Folk

Mars Adept

Circles and spirals in mind…
Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Switch
8301-8235-7817
Fresh Balloon
Fresh Balloon
Rad Balloon
Rotating Fool's Egg
Oblivia's Ugly Christmas Egg
Quirky Doll
Weird Doll
As we all know, 3 days ago, it was Halloween! This is a special time of the year, and it's also in Animal Crossing GCN, City Folk, and New Leaf! This year I participated in City Folk's Halloween! Although I've had the game since 2015, I had skipped 2015 and 2016's Halloween, meaning this year was my first Halloween in City Folk. How did it go?

Alright. I wouldn't say great, but I had forgotten what Halloween was like in the older Animal Crossing games, before New Leaf made it much, much easier!

I had prepared somewhat in the days leading up to Halloween. I had two yellow candies, and two red candies. I invited a friend over to my town via wiimmfi to celebrate Halloween with me, and get some goodies from Jack!

Unfortunately, things didn't go to plan. I forgot that you could only play minigames with the villagers during this event in New Leaf, so when I refused to give my villagers any candy, I got tricked almost immediately! I had now lost my hat and had a pumpkin head instead!

The villagers were also much smarter, and had more accurate Jack costumes than they do in New Leaf. I only found Jack once before I ran out of candy, and I got a spooky carpet as a reward for my efforts.

I ended up getting tricked multiple times, even after I had lost all my candy! My friend lost all his candy fairly quickly as well. I ended the play session after that.

Later on, I reordered my original clothing from Tom Nook's catalog. I kept the pumpkin head, patched shirt, and jack-in-the-boxes I had obtained from the event in my character's closet. A day or two later, I traded my spooky carpet in exchange for a spooky bed with a different friend online.

Overall, this year's Halloween was alright. Hopefully I'll do better next year. It's also good to note I have also done GCN's Halloween event before, way back in 2014!

I have one last thing to say. It's unrelated to the rest of the blog post, but Tom Nook's store upgraded to Nook 'n' Go in City Folk yesterday! Now I can buy more stuff, and the open hours are different.

That's all for today.

Happy belated Halloween!

-ACCF

Back