• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Everything has its limits

Alolan_Apples

Old > New
Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Switch
1624-3778-0694
Island
Palm City
Flower Glow Wand
Cool Balloon
Ghostly Kitty Plush
Yule Log
Disco Ball Easter Egg
Tetris Grid
Chocolate Cake
Pumpkin Cupcake
Apple (Fruit)
Ice Cream Swirl (TBT Beach Party)
As it’s my first blog entry of the year (sorry for the huge delay), I like to give out an interesting fact that has a lot of examples. When it comes to anything in general, everything has its limits. For instance, you can be good without being bad. But no matter how good you are, not everybody is going to like you. Also, not everything you do or like are good. In the contrary, you can be bad without being good, but if it goes too far, you’ll get in a lot of trouble. Even evils have some advantages everyone should follow. Another example is about handling your environment. You can only survive in a specific temperature range for a certain period of time. You can stay within 50°F (10°C) and 82°F (28°C) for a very long period of time without suffering, regardless of humidity or wind chill. But if it gets any hotter than 82°F or colder than 50°F, that’s when you have limits. For example, if you stay around freezing temperature (32°F or 0°C) for 10 days without finding a warmer source, you’ll be dead. At 10 hours in this point, you will begin suffering. You can also die at 100°F (38°C) weather in over one hour if the humidity is 100%, but when the humidity is 50% or less, then you can stay in 100°F weather for as long as you can. The same applies to air pressure as well. At sea level, the oxygen content is at 21%. At this amount of oxygen, you can survive for an infinte period of time between 0.6 atm to 3.0 atm. But at this level of oxygen, you can’t even tolerate the pressure when it drops below 3.5 atm or goes above 13 atm.

The prime example of today’s subject is on the environment. Whatever solutions you have, there’s always a limit. While everything has their advantages or disadvantages, even going through loopholes on the disadvantages have their limits.
  • Whether or not you believe Global Warming is real or at least linked to the CO[SUB]2[/SUB] emissions, you can’t keep polluting the Earth. CO[SUB]2[/SUB] causes the ozone layer to be depleted, which allows more ultraviolet radiation. This can cause skin cancer, and even air pollution can lead to lung diseases. So it’s best that we cut back on CO[SUB]2[/SUB] emissions. But even going far in this direction has its limits. Regulations can have a negative impact on the economy, and lack of CO[SUB]2[/SUB] emissions isn’t very good for agriculture.
  • Environmentalists typically prefer renewable energy over fossil fuels. Fossil fuels not only lead to more pollution, but they are non-renewable. That means if they run out, they will be gone for a very long time. Renewable energy is better since the supply is unlimited. But they can only work in specific locations at specific times. Wind energy only does well along coastlines and away from large cities. Solar energy is not good for rainy climates or near the poles due to how much sunlight we may get.
  • Landfills are not good for the environment. It’s more than just land pollution. We can only have so much land on the Earth to use for landfills. Recycling is better, but not everything can be recycled. Like styrofoam, food-stained boxes, and ceramics.
Another thing I can go over is advancement of technology. I remember writing a blog entry on how older technology lasts longer than newer technology. One thing I learned about the Nintendo Switch is that it gets really hot. The culprit behind this - I believe it’s the graphics card. In order to have better graphics (framerate and resolution), there will be a lot of electron activity on the cards. This produces a lot of heat, so that’s why we need ventilation, and possibly more space to prevent the heat from messing up other parts. The expansion of data could mean more heat as well. Of course, there could be a critical point for technology to where it can’t advance any further. Like I said, everything has its limits.

very interesting read, I gotta say. Even though at our perspective the universe is unlimited, would outer space have limits as well? From what we've gathered in terms of data, the observable universe is constantly growing, opening up new possibilities of what we can find. Does this make it infinite or does it still fall under the rules of "everything has limits?"

EvieEvening23;bt14824 said:
very interesting read, I gotta say. Even though at our perspective the universe is unlimited, would outer space have limits as well? From what we've gathered in terms of data, the observable universe is constantly growing, opening up new possibilities of what we can find. Does this make it infinite or does it still fall under the rules of "everything has limits?"

If there's anything that has no limits, it would be how powerful God is or how big space is. I'm referring to everything else. We may have not learned everything about space, yet, but we can only learn so much about it. God is more powerful than anything, but I didn't mention it because not everyone believes in God.

Here are some other noteworthy examples:

- The United States is the most powerful nation in the world, but even they shouldn't be snooping in other contries' businesses. This is a possible cause of the 9/11 attack.
- Diversity is encouraged in a workspace, but practicality is more important. Even trying hard to achieve diversity has its limits.
- People may share their negative opinions and feelings online, but they can only do it so much. If they go too far, they can get in trouble.

Back