Frogstool Foraged Mushroom
Pink Heavy Foraged Mushroom
Puffobello Foraged Mushroom
Paras Foraged Mushroom
Frilled Mantis Perch Foraged Mushroom
The Portabelltree Foraged Mushroom
Deceptive Deathweasel Foraged Mushroom
Shiny Morellul Foraged Mushroom
Is there any kind of mushrooms you want to try one day?

With people living in different Nations, the answers could be interesting.

Off the top of my head right now, I want to try Chicken of the Woods and Lion's Mane. There are others but I can't think of them right now.

I think I may have had morels once in a nice restaurant as part of a dish, but I also think my brain may have been making that up! So I’d really like to have some again, like it would be nice if I had a sizable amount of them as the focus of the dish (even if it were a small plate!) so I could really cherish them.

For those that don’t know, morels have to be picked fresh in the wild and can’t be farmed like most other mushrooms we usually eat!

In response to the OP - I tried some Lion’s Mane via a farmers market stand where one woman there had set up a mushroom farm during the pandemic! And she would come every week with all sorts of mushrooms! I tried so many cool varieties.
But you can also get grow your own mushroom kits, and they are surprisingly easy/forgiving, so if you don’t have a green thumb, don’t worry!
So if you ever want to try Lions mane, that might be a good way. I bought a box for $30 USD, and usually it grows something like 8oz which is a good serving for 1 person or maybe a lighter serving for 2 folks. And then usually it you do it right, you can grow at least 1 more batch, but maybe even a few! (You might have to transplant it to somewhere in your yard though for batches 3-4+)

I think I may have had morels once in a nice restaurant as part of a dish, but I also think my brain may have been making that up! So I’d really like to have some again, like it would be nice if I had a sizable amount of them as the focus of the dish (even if it were a small plate!) so I could really cherish them.

For those that don’t know, morels have to be picked fresh in the wild and can’t be farmed like most other mushrooms we usually eat!

In response to the OP - I tried some Lion’s Mane via a farmers market stand where one woman there had set up a mushroom farm during the pandemic! And she would come every week with all sorts of mushrooms! I tried so many cool varieties.
But you can also get grow your own mushroom kits, and they are surprisingly easy/forgiving, so if you don’t have a green thumb, don’t worry!
So if you ever want to try Lions mane, that might be a good way. I bought a box for $30 USD, and usually it grows something like 8oz which is a good serving for 1 person or maybe a lighter serving for 2 folks. And then usually it you do it right, you can grow at least 1 more batch, but maybe even a few! (You might have to transplant it to somewhere in your yard though for batches 3-4+)
I may look into that sometime. Thanks. I did grow my own blue oyster mushrooms a couple of years ago in holey buckets with straw. I ordered grain spawn from a company that does quite a few mushrooms and quite a few starts like plugs or even vials. They were delicious and it worked, but honestly I think you'd be better off with plugs and logs, or grain spawn with a wet straw bale in a shaded area. Well, for climbers anyway. Someone actually had blue oyster mushrooms come back a couple of years on their own with the straw bale method. It survived winter inside the bale.

Back