• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Famitsu reviews Animal Crossing: New Leaf

JCnator

Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Switch
4227-4179-8894
Black Hybrid Rose
Black Famous Mushroom
New Horizons Token
New Leaf Token
Isabelle
Poptart Easter Egg
Winter Mittens
Cake
Before I reveal the score, here's a rundown of the scores for the older Animal Crossing games from Famitsu. Credits to someone from AXA Forums for bringing this up!

Animal Crossing - 37/40
Wild World - 37/40
City Folk - 33/40

By the way, Animal Crossing: New Leaf got 39/40, which is 10/9/10/10.

Now, get excited, as this might be the best Animal Crossing game ever!

Source: http://gematsu.com/2012/10/famitsu-review-scores-issue-1247

Wow, this is great! Hope we get more reviews like this. It's going to be such a great game. :D

-1 because of animal tracks, calling it now LOL

WHO REALLY CARES ABOUT ANIMAL TRACKS THOUGH!?!?!1

if all you have to worry about in life is your grass dying in a game then you've got a pretty good life

if all you have to worry about in life is your grass dying in a game then you've got a pretty good life
I still don't think there are animal tracks. I mean you can see dirt, etc from the videos and pictures but I wouldn't assume that it exists, it's still not confirmed as animal tracks. To me it just looked like they were trying something new with the landscape as with all the trees they had before.

Either way I don't think this time around they'd make the same mistake and ignore their consumers. They've probably adjusted or removed it. I'm pretty sure it won't take away from the great score this game has anyways. There's a lot more in the game so yeah I'm not complaining either. The game already sounds amazing and I can't wait.

What animal tracks ?! puts fountain over them nope no animal tracks here walks away.

What animal tracks ?! puts fountain over them nope no animal tracks here walks away.

Animal Tracks hasn't actually been confirmed but I'm just having a joke with the fandom 'cause I know how much everyone else hates it and I figured someone would come up with the 'I bet it didn't get 40/40 because of animal tracks' so I was just making the joke first

Though I don't really care how games get rated, it's nice to know that this game has impressed critics enough to get such a high score.

:p I'd still buy this game even if they had torn it to pieces. Why must you make me so excited game? Whyyyyy

Wow, that's incredible! Only 19 games have gotten a perfect score and this is only the 34th to get a near-perfect. This will probably bring a lot of new fans to the game! This will also probably push Nintendo to get this game out to consumers.

This is good, guys. This is good for all of us.

Is there any way to find out what the 10/10/9/10 means? I wonder why the lost point. :O
And Jake, you made me laugh.

Is there any way to find out what the 10/10/9/10 means? I wonder why the lost point. :O
And Jake, you made me laugh.

It means Out of 10. So 10+10+9+10= 39, which is the total score.
Either the score was divided up for 4 people to vote or it is each category.
E.G. game play, graphics etc.

It means Out of 10. So 10+10+9+10= 39, which is the total score.
Either the score was divided up for 4 people to vote or it is each category.
E.G. game play, graphics etc.

Famitsu reviews are a panel of four reviewers, so three people gave it a ten and one person gave it a nine.

39/40 is great, I knew it would be either better than Animal Crossing for the Nintendo Gamecube or on par with it.

39/40 is great, I knew it would be either better than Animal Crossing for the Nintendo Gamecube or on par with it.

It's better than Animal Crossing on the GCN because a review says so?

Might want to wait to play the game yourself, first.

I loved the one for GCN and it's the one I've been replaying for years. Wild World and City Folk just didn't have the charm it did and they removed too much to make up for what they took out with the tiny bit of new content they added. City Folk was especially bad due to the grass death. So the GCN one remains the best one for me. I have to say though, this one looks like it could really could be the first to overcome the GCN one. It adds so many new things, basically every bit of new content I've been asking for for ten years, Nintendo really went all out on it and put their heart into it. So I think this may be the best Animal Crossing game ever.

I loved the one for GCN and it's the one I've been replaying for years. Wild World and City Folk just didn't have the charm it did and they removed too much to make up for what they took out with the tiny bit of new content they added. City Folk was especially bad due to the grass death. So the GCN one remains the best one for me. I have to say though, this one looks like it could really could be the first to overcome the GCN one. It adds so many new things, basically every bit of new content I've been asking for for ten years, Nintendo really went all out on it and put their heart into it. So I think this may be the best Animal Crossing game ever.

My thoughts and feelings exactly. I haven't been this excited for Animal Crossing since the original one.

It's good to take these reviews with a grain of salt, but it's nice to know that the game is being appreciated. I'm interested in seeing what IGN or Gamespot does, because they are known for being pretty biased against Nintendo games.

It's good to take these reviews with a grain of salt, but it's nice to know that the game is being appreciated. I'm interested in seeing what IGN or Gamespot does, because they are known for being pretty biased against Nintendo games.

"It's more of the same". <- I'm calling it.

It doesn't matter how good Nintendo made this game, it will always be "more of the same" to the reviewer crowd because they just don't understand the appeal of games of this type.

Back