• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Fertilizer trouble?

Lizard

Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
I know fertilizer is supposed to help you get delicious fruit, but I must be doing something wrong because it's not working. I've planted it near native fruit trees (with a golden shovel) quite a few times with no results. I've tried putting it near a sapling and adding a bag each day, and I've added it to trees I've shaken and not messed with. What's up with that?!

I'm not 100% sure but i'm guessing you're just unlucky?

Are you shaking the fruit off the trees so the new fruit can grow delicious? Or are you trying to turn the fruit that is already on it to delicious?

I think the fertilizer only gives a chance for perfect fruit -- and the golden shovel helps increase the chance.

You're just unlucky. I tried planting fertilizer next to one of my cherries trees and it ended up growing two regular cherries and one delicious cherry. Keep trying!

So do trees only die when you grow a delicious fruit tree (plant delicious fruit in the ground) and take the fruit? Or if you use too much fertiliser do they die (loose leaves) too?

Is there any benefit of delicious fruit?
I mean, of course they sell for more money, but if you have to spend a "lot" of money on fertilizer until it works at all, I don't think that this is worth the effort?

If you have ever harvested fruit for money, you will realise if you add a few hundred bells on top of that for each piece of fruit, it will make a difference when you have a lot of delicious trees.

Is there any benefit of delicious fruit?
I mean, of course they sell for more money, but if you have to spend a "lot" of money on fertilizer until it works at all, I don't think that this is worth the effort?
You should find your first delicious fruit on your first day of NL. As long as you don't sell all/eat all of your delicious fruit, you won't need to go through all of this effort just to get one.

Back