• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Final week for hibiscus blooms!

Sunshine

Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
In just a week, hibiscus bloom season will come to and end - and the Cozyton Hibiscus Festival 2013 will be history.

Until then, enjoy these photos or come by for dream visit. There are over 300 hibiscus shrubs in bloom throughout the town. (Lots of bamboo too!)

HNI_0036.JPG HNI_0037.JPG HNI_0038.JPG HNI_0039.JPG HNI_0040.JPG

Awww, I love the hibiscus plants! I wish they would bloom all the time :(
Your town is beautiful!

How lovely! I thought about doing something like that next year. (Well, sort of. I want to plant my bushes according to what's blooming--right now I'm planting Sweet-Olives.)

I'm going to dream visit a little later. :D

Nice town Sunshine! I was starting to do a design with the hibiscus bushes around my house, but since I never finished and I'm not interested in having plain bushes around my house, I'm digging them all up. XD Now to just figure out what to put in their places...

Thanks for the comments!

I've been using my museum rooms to hoard other shrubs - but getting them is kind of slow going. Once hibiscus season is done I'll dig some up and replace them with season appropriate shrubs. The hibiscus won't die, but they'll lose all of their flowers mid-September.

You have a beautiful town! But your grass T_T

That's just natural paths, and yes - you can tell where I've recently rerouted paths and laid out new garden areas.

I actually really like the dirt paths. Did you know that the different animal species villagers have different shaped footprints that show up when they walk across the puffiest/most worn dirt areas?

Gosh, your town is so amazing! I absolutely love the look of dirt paths <3 I have them in my town as well!
Really cute town!

You've done a lovely job with your town.

I kind of went nuts with hibiscus bushes along my southern cliff area, because they were the first bushes I had available. I think I'm going to pare that back to just near my mermaid house, though. The blooms are pretty, but they are clashing a bit with my other houses.

Thanks for the comments!

I've been using my museum rooms to hoard other shrubs - but getting them is kind of slow going. Once hibiscus season is done I'll dig some up and replace them with season appropriate shrubs. The hibiscus won't die, but they'll lose all of their flowers mid-September.

If you don't mind me asking, how are you storing bushes? o-o
Can you use them as decoration in houses like flowers? Or do you mean the bags the bush starts come in?

If you don't mind me asking, how are you storing bushes? o-o
Can you use them as decoration in houses like flowers? Or do you mean the bags the bush starts come in?

Each day I just buy all of the shrubs at the garden center and then drop them in one of my museum exhibit rooms. I also use one of my museum exhibit rooms to store shoes. :) (Not the most exciting exhibits for visitors, but very convenient for me!

Even though I'm stocking up, there's no way that I know of to accumulate garden center shrubs quickly - so once we leave hibiscus season I'll end up with a mix of current season shrubs and green, non-blooming shrubs. I guess I should get ready to replace some of the hibiscus with cedar saplings so I can set up for the Christmas/holiday lights season. And if I still end up with way too many non-blooming shrubs, I can always do something pretty with fruit trees or stumps - just not sure yet exactly what I'll do.

Hmm...maybe I should make a little test garden with each of the out of season shrubs and see how the leaf shapes and various shades of green look. There might be some pretty ways to mix the lighter and darker green plants - kind of like how people decorate with various shades of hostas in real life.

Back